Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MBX7

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ayreon
Does anyone know when the M2C Racing 3-Piece Quick Change Motor Mount will be available at Amain again? Or if it's available anywhere in Europe (which I doubt). Or if there are any other good engine mounts available?
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13613901079603
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thommi
The plastic inserts that came with the MBX7 kit are a lot worse than the ones that came with the 6R alu horn. The inserts from the 6R are a lot harder and do not strip out that easy. I went to full Alu anyhow on both steering and throttle. Steering is easy as nearly everything will fit there, but be careful on the throttle / break side. I was able to put it together in a one hole configuration (different from the original setup with two holes), but had to use washers to make everything fit.

I managed to squeeze a losi aluminium spline insert into the std plastic throttle horn as the std set up stripped for me...as long as you have some pliers it will go in with a bit of squeezing.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the M2C Racing 3-Piece Quick Change Motor Mount will be available at Amain again? Or if it's available anywhere in Europe (which I doubt). Or if there are any other good engine mounts available?
you can order it direct from m2c at m2cracing.com
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just finished painting the FTW body!

man i love the FTW body
Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow! You got some skillz for sure! NICE!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fuel filter

Hi, I would urge you all to check the rubber hose that links your filter to the engine. I have ran my car for about 20 mins, just running the engine in anyway
as i was cleaning the car i noticed the rubber was torn. It was well away from the slash gaurd and screwed in however it was still torn. I would bet that 90% have been sliced and you havent noticed. Anyone struggling to tune there engine
or any funny engine experiences well i would check that hose. Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Been in contact with them but they say it doesn't fit the MBX7 :-(

I know I can order the M2C directly from them, but there are some other things I need from Amain so it would save me some shipping cost if I could order everything at the same time.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, how do you build the ftw upper plate for seven? with all those shim I'm a little lost...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 AM
am
Tech Master

Sorry, i do not know.
I wait until the Fioronio topbrace come out.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tof24
Hi all, how do you build the ftw upper plate for seven? with all those shim I'm a little lost...
The servo saver posts locate into the stock top plate. If you bolt something to the top of it in its place, there will be a gap and the plastics etc will be able to move up and down on the posts....so I assume the spacers are fitted on the top of the posts before you attach the flat top plate.

From what I can work out anyway....
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Do you guys have any thoughts on the short vs long front chassi brace?
This weekend I'm gonna race on on a loose and bumpy track with very large and big/fast corners.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnieblaze
Thommi, do the following and I'm sure your car will be better. First understand that your changes should be made to address wheather your car is loose everywhere in general or loose just in the corners. The changes you make you'd want to address only the issue you're having and not create new challenges.

If the car is loose in the corners, try the following one change at a time until you see improvement.

1. Go to a softer swaybar, this will allow the car to roll more while cornering thus providing more latteral traction. 2.8 or 2.7 ...This focus only on cornering traction without affecting the car around the rest of the track.

2. Run a longer rear upper camber link if you aren't already.

3. Add more rear droop. ***this will have other effects depending on how much you add*** Mugens are good with full droop.

If your car is loose everywhere, try the following until you see improvement

1. Softer springs and or lighter oils
2. More rear toe in, but I don't recommend going beyond 3deg
3. add more droop to the front which will allow more weight transfer to the rear on power.
4. Less anti-squat
5. You may go to a slightly higher ride height
6. Lighter rear diff oil......will allow the rear wheels to act more independently of one another. Spinning at different speeds which provide more traction in loose conditions.
7. Rear shocks mounted in on the tower and also in on the lower arm provides more rear traction....don't do both at the same time.

***** One thing most people overlook is the clutch setup....if you have a high powered engine, one of the first places I would look to is making sure my clutch is tuned correctly. If you are using a high powered engine on a loose track your car will still be loose even if you made all the above changes without addressing power delivery. So make sure your clutch is setup to deliver the power smoothly, yet efficient.*******

Remember to make one change at a time and if your car improves continue in that direction until you reach the desired result.....
Great info but I couldn't figured out how would less antisquad help the rear traction . Can you please explain it ?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anti-squat puts the rear suspension in a bind, so it's harder to compress and easier to rebound. Running less anti-squat basically softens the rear suspension on acceleration, giving you better rear traction.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78
Great info but I couldn't figured out how would less antisquad help the rear traction . Can you please explain it ?
Anti-Squat settings allows you to control weight transfer at the rear of your car during braking or acceleration. So to answer question, less anti-squat will allow more weight to be transferred to the rear during acceleration which provides more traction and more anti-squat does just the opposite by prohibiting weight to the rear during acceleration and keeping it more toward the front.

The front of the car has a setting called anti-dive or kick-up as some may put it. This adjustment acts in the same manner as anti-squat but for the front of the car. However, it's always important to remember that when adjusting kick-up you'll also be affecting the overall caster as well. Lastly, the affects that anti-squat and kick-up have are only felt during braking or acceleration and is neutral otherwise.

Think of driving a real car or just riding in one. When the driver hit the breaks your head will lean forward and when the car accelerates your head will push back toward the seat. This is the same weight transfer we're attempting to control with rc cars. I believe the name of the game is basically controlling the moving weight of the car. The better you are at controlling weight transfer from side to side and front to back the better and more stable your car will feel. Keep in mind that weight can work for or against you, but the trick is to find the right BALANCE !

Last edited by Johnieblaze; 02-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

absolute has it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.