New XRAY 808

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default car's

Hi
This is Peterson
I am here to tell you some information about car's
Now-a-days every one is showing their interest towards new models but they don't which they have to select for those people we provide us a lot of information.
You can know this information by simply clicking the below link
---------------------------------
Peterson

New Cars
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by V1talik
Hi guys i had a some thing to use losi (2.0) body on 808 can some one says : can i do this or no? is it real or 808 is so "fat"?
I know proline body good, but i like more losi boody
Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
i'm a OS person, and you might hear people argue with this. but if you look around, there are more people running OS's than any other motor. i personally run the v-spec.
Popularity and quality are two different things.

Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle worldwide but the best?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Old truck? This one works well now, and after running some of the major new parts, I can tell you, it's weird how the small changes they made makes a NIGHT AND DAY difference!!

Just log into LiveRC.com and check out how Josh is doing at the CRCRC race. He was usually toward the back of the main, and now he has the second fastest laptime over all.

I would disregard the truck just yet. Just remember the thing doesn't break just like the buggy!!! I've been running the same tranny gears for over 2 years now (well I replaced 1 input gear as it was flawed from production (darn those prototype pieces!!!)).

I haven't ruled it out just yet. I am going to wait to see what changes have been made and will make a decision. Hopefully, it won't disappoint.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
thats the info that I am after thanks guys much appreciated!!

while i am here I am after some suggestions on what engine works best this may be a very broad question but here we go anyway, what works well with the 808 I am definately wanting to put in a good compitition engine, my track size is about 60x35 mtrs or 200 ftx 115ft, currently I run the picco evo2 P7 is it worth upgrading cheers

Engines is a very touchy subject, ask 4 people and you'll get 4 different answers. Personally I prefer the slightly higher priced Novarossi's because they seem to last a little longer. I have heard a lot of people say the same thing about XRAY cars as they do Max Power motors, in that they don't want to run anything else once they own their first one. It is a smaller company but they are Novarossi and tough as bricks! I finally killed my 8P Turbo, that was in my truck for 20+ gallons (2 pistons and sleeves total), when I cracked the case trying to replace the original front bearing....
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Engines is a very touchy subject, ask 4 people and you'll get 4 different answers. Personally I prefer the slightly higher priced Novarossi's because they seem to last a little longer. I have heard a lot of people say the same thing about XRAY cars as they do Max Power motors, in that they don't want to run anything else once they own their first one. It is a smaller company but they are Novarossi and tough as bricks! I finally killed my 8P Turbo, that was in my truck for 20+ gallons (2 pistons and sleeves total), when I cracked the case trying to replace the original front bearing....
Pretty close to one of our guy at local. I does have a RB 928 for his MBX5T he is close to 60 liters on it.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I have been lurking long enough. I have read thru most of this thread and thought it was about time I posted up a couple of pics of my 808.

I have been out of the racing seen for almost 6 years and alot has changed. So a buddy says to me this fall you should run my car at this local track for there final race for the year. I say sure what the heck. He has a brand new 808 wich he has only raced once and tells me it is the best thing ever and I should try it out. Long story short I set TQ and finish second in the main.

Fast forward a couple of months and I know have my very own 808. I have not driven the car yet as it is winter here in North Dakota. But this weekend I will be taking part in a winter series race held in Fergus Falls Minnesota. I will have to let you all know how it goes next Monday.

I also want to thank everyone in this thread for all the great information. You are all a great help to the racing comunity.

Now here are a couple of pictures I took with my cell phone.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My refined scheme for the season!
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-xraybuggy.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Thats a nice looking ride you have! I wish had a shell like that, I'm still using low budget solid FL yellow. I was looking at shells online, and they are selling for $80.00!!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Thats a nice looking ride you have! I wish had a shell like that, I'm still using low budget solid FL yellow. I was looking at shells online, and they are selling for $80.00!!
well, $80 bucks sounds like alot, but if that includes the body, that's half the price. the Xray body is about $40 bucks, that would make the paint job $40 as well, that's not bad!

Now if you get a proline body, you could bring that price down to about $65 bucks.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both are sweet rides. I'm sure you'll love them as do the rest of us here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Tqcookie you need to run the North Pro series races this year!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Thats a nice looking ride you have! I wish had a shell like that, I'm still using low budget solid FL yellow.
I was looking at shells online, and they are selling for $80.00!!
i have one on ebay now and sold one too elcaminosslover and 80 is the price pdb247 ebay. thats what it costs for paint and body, im not makingback but only what i have invested
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Popularity and quality are two different things.

Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle worldwide but the best?
i was just thinking, so what is better than a f-150? (apples to apples)

And don't say a FJ. first, it's not a truck. second, there kinda gay! (accually i like them, but it doesn't serve the purpus of giving you a hard time)

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 01-27-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just fitted these with losi boots and they fit perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.