Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
tp
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Donrod, see u soon!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So I decided to try a forward battery last night....very happy with the handling. Most notably in breaking, but also when it got ot of shape due to my crappy driving. a quick blip on the gas and then BAM...back on all 4 wheels! I wasn't sure about spending the money in the snr tray, so I modified a stock tray and strapped a losi style lipo next to the steering servo. Works great, though I probably will get the snr tray in the future. I'll post pics in a bit.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Well guys I finally receive my car im putting it together and in then do the engine break in. So exited.

Big nice try out I will try mine like in two weeks I need to by the Life Battery and the charger. I already have the radio tray.

I will try my car tomorrow on the race track. Wish my luck !!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Great job Tp!!!! Congrat's dude
Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Sprikler
This is a RAW photo up to were I'm at.
Almost done. Tomorrow Break in and to the racetrack. 3:20 am here in NY and still trying to finish LOL I feel like a boy in a Christmas Day.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hey guys,

I just finish to build my MBX but i have a question about the shocks.

I when i compress the shocks i feel like a clunk inside the shock.
I usually know how to build a shock lol but this one is the first time it halpens to me.

So to build, i fill each shock, removed the air, wait few min and then put the bladder in the cap(usually i put the bladder on the top of the shock and remove the oil but doing this on the MBX, i cannot put the cap on) so put the blad in the cap, screw the cap delicatelly push the shaft until the middle, then screw the cap, wait to remove the pressure. Then close the cap.

I dont feel this clunk when i remove the cap. I think the problem come from my blad... But on all 4 shocks???
Old 10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
Hey guys,

I usually know how to build a shock lol but this one is the first time it halpens to me.

So to build, i fill each shock, removed the air, wait few min and then put the bladder in the cap(usually i put the bladder on the top of the shock and remove the oil but doing this on the MBX, i cannot put the cap on) so put the blad in the cap, screw the cap delicatelly push the shaft until the middle, then screw the cap, wait to remove the pressure. Then close the cap.

I dont feel this clunk when i remove the cap. I think the problem come from my blad... But on all 4 shocks???
before you screw the cap in, set the rebound first. whether you like no rebound means fully pressed, half rebound means push till halfway...etc. then screw in cap. not so tight so you dont tear the bladder.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ran the SNR forward battery servo plate thing today...i have to say it was money well spent. My car handled way better today, by far the best it had handled ever.

Now im running the orion 1900 nimh pack and yes i ran that bitch up front and let me tell you, the front was glued to the ground.

I will probably keep it in my car, if you are on the fence, just buy it and try it.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
Ran the SNR forward battery servo plate thing today...i have to say it was money well spent. My car handled way better today, by far the best it had handled ever.

Now im running the orion 1900 nimh pack and yes i ran that bitch up front and let me tell you, the front was glued to the ground.

I will probably keep it in my car, if you are on the fence, just buy it and try it.
Same here lol. Nimh isnt to much for the front. It makes the car feel like money. I Was thinking on trying another car until this tray came along. Gave it a shot and now i have no complaints about my car. Not one single thing i can say i dont like about it now.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

mb6 nice very nice
Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

Make sure you haven't over tightened the nut on top of the piston this can distort it and make the shocks feel strange
Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pword
before you screw the cap in, set the rebound first. whether you like no rebound means fully pressed, half rebound means push till halfway...etc. then screw in cap. not so tight so you dont tear the bladder.
Thanks man,

Actually i only screwed the cap with my hand, so not so tight.

somebody changed the bladders by anything else ?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks man,

Actually i only screwed the cap with my hand, so not so tight.

somebody changed the bladders by anything else ?
you can do them up quite tight by hand, the bladders are tough but replace every 3 months because they swell up from the silicon oil.

slow coach has a good tip there, if you over tighten the small nylock bolt on the shock shaft it can make the piston too tight of a fit in the shock body.

this clunk your hearing is a strange one, i did see a pic last week of someones mbx6 shock and the shafts looked too long and would have hit the bladders, normally with mbx6 shock they stop before the nut gets to the top of the body.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

So i m not suppose to feel this clunk ...

I try to redo again the shocks..i haaaaaaate to do that ahah
Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
Make sure you haven't over tightened the nut on top of the piston this can distort it and make the shocks feel strange
+1!!! that is what 95% of people do, just barely let the nut touch the piston, piston should spin on the shaft. the white pistons will swell and rea soft so you cannot over tighten.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.