Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by donrod
Was Robert running the stock chassis with the batt up front or the 5 mm I think that was his car I saw with the batt up front.
Don, based on the pictures I have seen from was running stock chassis, black springs and had the lipo towrds the front. I have been running a hump pack next to the steering servo on the mud guard for almost a month now and like the performance ohter than the fear of being hit hard by another buggy it is a little on the voulnerable side.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks, I think if you go to the long chassis you can put the batt back in the box.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I think if you go to the long chassis you can put the batt back in the box.
I am really hesiatant to do so I really like mine the way it is. For the next month I am racing pretty much every weekend and have little wrenching and practice time so when I have a week to play with it I may. Heard you guys were at TA over the past weekend would have been fun to be there but was at Hemet Competition Raceway for the Grassroots Series. PS I am the guy in the wheelchair you met at The Vegas RC a couple months back with the Kyosho 1/10 buggies.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Mugen E0147A or B

anyone running option front arm holder who may have some stock holders left over E0147A or B blocks

Last edited by slow coach; 05-11-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Rookie

good job. thanx.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

front and rear lower inboard arm spacers, anyone got an easy explanation for what moving the spacers does to the handling at each end, I know it alters wheelbase and weight distribution but how ?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
front and rear lower inboard arm spacers, anyone got an easy explanation for what moving the spacers does to the handling at each end, I know it alters wheelbase and weight distribution but how ?
The more you move the arms in(closer to the center of the car) the more traction you will get because of weight transfer. The more you move them away(from the center of the car) the less weight transfer meaning less traction.
(for me) The standard position for the front lower arms is in the middle and the rear arms I will adjust according to the track conditions.

Hope this helps,

Scott
Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
The more you move the arms in(closer to the center of the car) the more traction you will get because of weight transfer. The more you move them away(from the center of the car) the less weight transfer meaning less traction.
(for me) The standard position for the front lower arms is in the middle and the rear arms I will adjust according to the track conditions.

Hope this helps,

Scott
perfect thanks scott, this is one area i have not really tried much out with settings wise so will be good to have a tinker this season.

Jason
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
I am really hesiatant to do so I really like mine the way it is. For the next month I am racing pretty much every weekend and have little wrenching and practice time so when I have a week to play with it I may. Heard you guys were at TA over the past weekend would have been fun to be there but was at Hemet Competition Raceway for the Grassroots Series. PS I am the guy in the wheelchair you met at The Vegas RC a couple months back with the Kyosho 1/10 buggies.
Hi Brett, I remember you now, how you been ? Yes were testing at TA that weekend, if you car feels good that way it is then run it. see you down the road sometime.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinnbad12

Hope this helps,

Scott
Wouldn't moving the front lower arm back or forward also effect the caster on the PBS style steering for the MBX6? I would assume you would want to move the upper arm forward or back an equal amount when making this adjustment or changing the caster will probably have a bigger effect on the handling than the wheelbase change.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

some of you asked for Traivis Amezcue Silver State setup awhile back, here it is.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Brett, I remember you now, how you been ? Yes were testing at TA that weekend, if you car feels good that way it is then run it. see you down the road sometime.
Cool, yeah everything has been great! Just running a lot of nitro lately while the weather is good and then ill be back indoor when the serious heat comes. Is the family planning on doing most of the JBRL rounds I assume?

I have noticed the setups I have seen with the new plus 5mm chassis the diff weights are substantially lower than what most people run on the older chassis. Since you guys run the BCE chassis which I think is plus 3mm from the old stock chassis are you guys somewhere in the middle? I really like 7/10/7 on my nitro car and ECO.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

We are going to try and catch some of JBRL with gas prices it's getting tougher to travel, on the chassis we are actually running the 5mm BCE chassis and yes we run 5 7 3 in the diffs.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

We are going to try and catch some of JBRL with gas prices it's getting tougher to travel, on the chassis we are actually running the 5mm BCE chassis and yes we run 5 7 3 in the diffs.
Yeah I hear you I drive a diesel. I'm sure it's not cheap for you in the big rig! Nice way to travel but hits the pocket book.

Have you noticed the front tires pulling the bead off the wheel after a long main? When I ran those weight diffs (standard chassis) I would diff out in the front. Don't tell Travis but last week when he was at TA I looked at some tires in the trash he threw away and could tell he was slightly diffing out in the front. I dont know what he was running and I'm not saying it's not good for the chassis I can't stand having to re-glue tires every run and don't get a new set every run like you factory Pro-Line guys I already have to wash them every run for my OCD
Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

some of you asked for Traivis Amezcue Silver State setup awhile back, here it is.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.