Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Not sure if I will ever run Tyler there again. I took him there once indoors last year and they weren't too friendly to him on the track. Got bad enough, we loaded up and came home.

When is the first round and is it outside or inside?
It will be outside depending on the weather and it is practice on fri april 29th race on sat april 30th.

Scott
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not sure if I will ever run Tyler there again. I took him there once indoors last year and they weren't too friendly to him on the track. Got bad enough, we loaded up and came home.

too early to tell whether we run in or out, but come out anyway. just pit by me, I got your back. the hooliganism I experience at LH pales in comparison to a slash class race

As I remember Hcrc was a tough crowd for outsiders like me coming to race. I gots no respect in Az at nitro pit when I ran there. I mean who the hell does this joker think he is with the orange wheels trying to pass this expert AZ local. thats just how things go with racing anywhere in any field of motorsport. once people realize who is driving what and how fast, things settle out. I for one would miss not seeing tyler take on the midwest nitro series as it is the best thing we got in the midwest.

BTW, great picture, is that the ECO body mounted up on his buggy?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that, Tyler wheels it very clean. Raceworld tomorrow?

-Dawg
Old 03-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey everyone, wondering what is the latest and greatest setup for the Mbx 6. I havent ran my Mbx 6 in a while, since I bought a Losi 8. I do like the way the 8 handles, turns, and jump, but I dont want to give up on the Mugen yet. Currently im the car has the mspec set up, with the underdrive kit in the rear. I have always felt that the Mugen seems alot heavier than the 8 (less nimble feeling). Any help would be great.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Center Shaft Length problem

guys heres the problem this shaft length is 130mm i NEED anywhere from 126-128mm longest!! i dont care what company makes it, it goes in the center outdrive diff shaft when measure from flat spot to round is 7mm, so PLEASE measure ur centers if they install the same way, w/grub screw and see if anyone come up with something in that length dept. I WOULD BE IN UR DEPT, AND VERY THANKFULL FOR YOUR TIME...THANKS in advance guys

tommy

please pm me if u come up with something that will work, thanks

the measurement needed it total overall from bottom of universal to top TOTAL measurement!!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks Johnny. I talked to Tyler about coming over and he is not sure about racing over there. I will see how things go and we may come over. That is the Jconcepts Punisher on his car and truck. Tyler just got picked up by Jconcepts at Motorama and he is very excited to be running their products.

Yep Dawg, we will be at Raceworld tomorrow. My race for work got postponed for this weekend giving Tyler a chance to race.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I recommend the BCE too. It is night and day between it and stock. Makes Tyler's car quicker thru the turns and very stable.

NOT sponsored by BCE either. LOL!!

Hey Randy Big Congrads!! to your Son, and you for the great tuning!!
Keep up the great work!! Glad to Hear the Chassis works well for you guys++
and thank for your nice words!!
BCESPEED

Last edited by NITROALM; 03-26-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Also another young Gun congrats. to John Michael and His dad
John Mcginty for There great win at PNB+
John I will give you a ring this weekend
I did get your last em, just swamped playing catch up
Again to all of the BCE Racers thank you for your suport and great to see you guys off to a Fast racing
011 Moogen year
Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

How do you guys set engine mounts so that the clutch bell is perfectly parallel to the spur gear? Is there any method to do this accurately or do I have to do it by eye?

Thx for answers.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

NITROALM,

Thank you for the nice words. The buggy chassis has made a good change in the buggy and Tyler really likes it. Very good chassis and we will continue to run them!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Busterlbn
How do you guys set engine mounts so that the clutch bell is perfectly parallel to the spur gear? Is there any method to do this accurately or do I have to do it by eye?

Thx for answers.
I set it from the bottom. Easier to see the space from the slide hole in the chassis to the screw/washer.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

NITROALM,

Thank you for the nice words. The buggy chassis has made a good change in the buggy and Tyler really likes it. Very good chassis and we will continue to run them!!!
Randy its always Great to see the future of racing.
Your Boy Looks like hes really is haveing a good time.
I always like working with Father/Son teams.I guess I wish I could have had the same with my Dad, but he liked Golf and I was into racing big cars.
now He has passed I like Golf to?? Somtimes things dont make to much since You guys keep having fun

Also Forgot to mention for the guys that have been em for the new stuff
we have our new ECO Proto Chassis running this weekend for final testing. Here is a sneak peak I will have more updates soon.

BCE Eline ECO/PRO Racing Chassis
Old 03-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
I set it from the bottom. Easier to see the space from the slide hole in the chassis to the screw/washer.
The space must be the same on all four holes then clutch bell is parallel to spur gear, right?

Sorry for so stupid question but I must be sure
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Busterlbn
The space must be the same on all four holes then clutch bell is parallel to spur gear, right?

Sorry for so stupid question but I must be sure
Yep, thats the way I do it anyway. No problems. Doesn't have to be exact, just close.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

What I do is push the motor forwards to both screws hit the front of the slots in the chasis. Never had an issue with this method and the cluchbell/spur mesh seems correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.