Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
it is but if you look at the 8B 2.0 it comes with #54 pistons as stock up front, if you convert a #54 to metric it comes out as 1.39mm and losi pistons are 6 hole as std, also worth noting Ghea make 8 x1.45 hole pistons for the RC8 and possibly some other cars as well !!!!! they are tapered though if that makes a difference as they state "for the rough conditions"
Tapered pistons pack more than straight hole pistons with the holes and size. Not sure about using them in rough tracks. More for tracks with huge jumps.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Anyone know what the included upgrade graphics look like on the M spec? Also is the body thicker than the original MBX6 body? Getting ready to order my car today.

Thanks

Adam
Stock clear body but completely pre-cut, my wrap was the same as the one on the mugenracing website m-spec page blue/pink/carbon, I used a white RC8/T associated wing this time also..... cheap and super strong and not to mention looks better
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Tapered pistons pack more than straight hole pistons with the holes and size. Not sure about using them in rough tracks. More for tracks with huge jumps.
i think the actual piston shape is tapered more so than the holes drilled which are mainly straight, it looks like they drill one of their sets at an angle but im guessing that the hole is still straight but angled if that makes sense

info

GHEA3051
16mm tapered piston with 10x1.1 straight hole.
Fits AE big bore

GHEA3053
16mm tapered piston with 10x1.3 straight hole.
Fits AE big bore

GHEA3056
16mm tapered piston with 8x1.3 straight hole.
Fits AE big bore

GHEA3058
16mm tapered piston with 6x1.3 straight hole.
Fits AE bigbore

GHEA3059
16mm tapered pistons 8x1.3 angle holes cnc-machined from delrin .
Fits AE big bore
Old 10-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Still, your stating it wrong. A 3.39 will ratio has more RPM speed at the front wheels than a 3.50 ratio at the rear wheels at any given engine speed. The center diff is going to act as the viscous coupler and absorb the indifference in front to rear drive.
no it does not have more rpm at any given speed, it will actually have less. the front ratio at 3.39 has the capability to generate more front wheel RPM when the 3.50 gear approaches and hits top axle RPM. This will cause the front end to pull the car down a straightaway and through fast corners. This leads to my next point: unless your track has several fast corners that require significant throttle inputs to keep up your speed, this gear set probably wont work as well or make as large of a difference as you would like.

As i stated before, which in fact is true, the optional gear set will initially push the car out of A SLOW corner, i.e., 180*, before the gear set tops out in speed and the front begins to pull the car.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

OS power, you just agreed with ezveedub about the gear speed however, you're wrong about the second part. The moment throttle is applied, the front wheels will spin at a slightly higher speed than the rear wheels, center diff compensation notwithstanding (the center diff will only partially compensate for this). The front of the car pulls more immediately. Your theory only works in a situation where there is 100% traction (doesn't exist).
Old 10-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Reply needed ASAP

Basically have a 5 hour team endurance race in morning and my conical gear has worn down and is dead in my front diff of my mbx6.

I have no spare, no one at the track would have a spare so cant buy one.

I do however have a mbx5r, so i have found out the mbx6 takes a 42t conical and the mbx5r a 40 t if i changed both the bevel gear and conical gear would it fit.

Or even could i just swap out the whole front diff for the mbx5r one?

Thanks
Adam
Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Lord

Race the MBX5r. It might even be the better choice for an event like that.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
Race the MBX5r. It might even be the better choice for an event like that.
Yeah im tempted, that's why im asking before i go an strip it down to steal the diffs to find out they dont fit.

Only worry is i haven't drove it since getting the mbx6 this season but i have refilled shocks diffs etc new bearings last week.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Lord

Run the 5r, sounds like it's ready. Less risk of having trouble with the large diameter inner hub bearings on the 6 too. I'd be interested in hearing how the 5r worked for you after having run the 6 for the season.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default middle diff gets fried

Hello all,
I would appreciate your help to the following problem:
I come from the 200mm world and I recently built a MBX6. I ran 2 races and both times I faced the same problem, after a while the middle differential gets fried and the silicone oil gets black and comes out of the shafts.
It is obvious that something binds to rear part of the car and makes the center differential to differentiate all the time and increases the temperature and fries the silicone oil, which was 20K (20, 20, 7).
The problem is that we can not discover where exactly is the problem. When the car is on the table everything works exact,y as it should. I asked the local experts to inspect the car and after many attempts, no one can say what is causing the problem. It seems that everything is perfect but after a while the car becomes totally unstable and impossible to drive, because the rear part binds and the center differential has increased temperature and becomes very light. After 30 minutes final, my front tires were totally worn out, while the rears were in very good condition and of course, I suffered from on power understeering.
Thanks in advance
Dimitris
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Check to see it the rear center cvd pin is hitting in the brake rotor. The center pins are 1mm shorter than outdrive axle ones and if wrong one happened to get pressed in at factory, it would bind. Also check to make sure that the brakes are not hanging up or that under full throttle, if the front or rear brake linkage is not set correctly causing the brakes to come on slightly.. I did that on first one I ever built..

Also make sure that a front or rear diff is not shimmed to tight..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
I would appreciate your help to the following problem:
I come from the 200mm world and I recently built a MBX6. I ran 2 races and both times I faced the same problem, after a while the middle differential gets fried and the silicone oil gets black and comes out of the shafts.
It is obvious that something binds to rear part of the car and makes the center differential to differentiate all the time and increases the temperature and fries the silicone oil, which was 20K (20, 20, 7).
The problem is that we can not discover where exactly is the problem. When the car is on the table everything works exact,y as it should. I asked the local experts to inspect the car and after many attempts, no one can say what is causing the problem. It seems that everything is perfect but after a while the car becomes totally unstable and impossible to drive, because the rear part binds and the center differential has increased temperature and becomes very light. After 30 minutes final, my front tires were totally worn out, while the rears were in very good condition and of course, I suffered from on power understeering.
Thanks in advance
Dimitris
Make sure the brake levers aren't binding (over tightened center diff mount screws will do this) and also make sure the outdrives isn't seizing in the diff spur gear. Check for galling of the metal or scoring.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey can you tell me body wrap you have used?
looks really cool!!
thinking of getting me that theme
Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michaelfox
hey can you tell me body wrap you have used?
looks really cool!!
thinking of getting me that theme
Who's wrap are you asking about?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

im not sure im trying to find them for a J concept body does anyone know if tehy make them for this and if so where ? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.