9.75 is softer then 9.50 the bigger the number the softer the spring
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks
Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodragster
I could understand why you could think it would be a tuning issue.. But it seems weird when i can get a tune on all the newbies motors, and put a perfectly tuned motor into my car (grp from my losi into mbx6)
then run into issues as well. Not saying it could be an issue across all x6's but there are enough of us out there having issues to have a good look at the tank as a possibility. Huge amount of air bubbles in the fuel line are a fair indication air is getting in somwhere between the tank and the fuel filter. i suspect the tank.

i had a similar issue - the last couple races with my 8ight, my grp would stall out after a landing a big jump. i tuned and changed glow plugs and my clutch and it kept doing it. then i swapped the plastic braces for the aluminum ones, then it happened less frequent. Then i bought the X6 and it hasnt happened since lol.

Now one thing i notice with the X6, when i hold my car by the wing so the front is lower than the rear, it does lean out, i dont get that. anyone else have that issue???
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by o.s. power
i had a similar issue - the last couple races with my 8ight, my grp would stall out after a landing a big jump. i tuned and changed glow plugs and my clutch and it kept doing it. then i swapped the plastic braces for the aluminum ones, then it happened less frequent. Then i bought the X6 and it hasnt happened since lol.

Now one thing i notice with the X6, when i hold my car by the wing so the front is lower than the rear, it does lean out, i dont get that. anyone else have that issue???

the losi does that as well...the pick up in the tank is not in the front but towards the back of the tank...so when you hold it nose down it starves it of fuel and runs on.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
9.75 is softer then 9.50 the bigger the number the softer the spring
the 2nd number= the amount of coils on the spring. More coils= a softer spring.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default bodies

what bodies besides the stock one work good on the x6
Thanks
David
Old 05-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rockfordccinc
what bodies besides the stock one work good on the x6
Thanks
David
updated shift body
Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

where is the best place to get parts for the 6. Or i should say the most complete list of parts. amain and tower only have some of the parts and there is always a part i need that might be at one or the other or neither.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what part?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
where is the best place to get parts for the 6. Or i should say the most complete list of parts. amain and tower only have some of the parts and there is always a part i need that might be at one or the other or neither.
http://tonysscrews.com/category.sc?categoryId=54
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mine is definitely NOT a tune issue. If i let it idle with full tank I see no bubbles. Let it idle til it is about 1/4 down and still has 3/4 of a tank I start seeing air bubbles. A LOT of air bubbles. Some of the bubbles are about 1/2 in length inside the tube. I can richen it up or lean it out, no matter what the bubbles are there and get worse as it uses more fuel. Tilt the nose down just a little and it gets worse to the point where the motor goes lean, revs up and dies, and the angle I am holding it at the stone internal filter is still completely submerged in fuel. So It has to be the tank.

I took it off today and filled it with water in the sink. Started to blow lightly in the exhaust tube and let the water come out the fuel line. Nice stream until it got about a 1/4 tank down and air bubbles started, just like if it was installed in the MBX6. Took the engine out and installed it in my Hyper 8.... no problems. Took out the Hyper 8 tank and put it in the MBX6 to test. Idled a WHOLE tank and not one bubble, and I used the MBX6 fuel lines and filter. So It HAS to be the tank. Shame it a new car too argggg...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mOOgo_davo
Mine is definitely NOT a tune issue. If i let it idle with full tank I see no bubbles. Let it idle til it is about 1/4 down and still has 3/4 of a tank I start seeing air bubbles. A LOT of air bubbles. Some of the bubbles are about 1/2 in length inside the tube. I can richen it up or lean it out, no matter what the bubbles are there and get worse as it uses more fuel. Tilt the nose down just a little and it gets worse to the point where the motor goes lean, revs up and dies, and the angle I am holding it at the stone internal filter is still completely submerged in fuel. So It has to be the tank.

I took it off today and filled it with water in the sink. Started to blow lightly in the exhaust tube and let the water come out the fuel line. Nice stream until it got about a 1/4 tank down and air bubbles started, just like if it was installed in the MBX6. Took the engine out and installed it in my Hyper 8.... no problems. Took out the Hyper 8 tank and put it in the MBX6 to test. Idled a WHOLE tank and not one bubble, and I used the MBX6 fuel lines and filter. So It HAS to be the tank. Shame it a new car too argggg...

Ive came across a couple 5T tanks that did this as well....replace it and the problem should go away for good....Unless you get another bunk tank.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Like i said, i have been running Mugen kits for a while, no issues with their tanks, however, if you feel like the tank went bad for whatever reason, then replace it. If you continue to have such problems after you replace the tank, then i would look into a possible air leak with your engine. look for rips around the carb boot, or the backplate, or the carb neck, or a small hole in your fuel line....jmho
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
I had the same problem this weekend again, and so did another guy and we're also beginning to suspect that there's something wrong with the fuel set up on the X6 I removed the fuel filter and it was better but after my second pit stop the car just started stalling on it's own for no apparent reason...
Also, sometimes the engine stalls instantly when i roll over.
i'm changing the tank and this week end i'm gona see if there's a difference.
I noticed some stess lines (bright white) on the front side of the tank near the exhaust mount my idea is that the tank expands when the heat builds and little fractures that don't appear when the tank is tested at room temperature become troublesome air leaks at operating temps.
It's dissapointing because the car was working really well.
hey guys, have you checked to make sure the lid is pushed down firmly, I know mine sits a little high unless i push it down, this could cause an air prob i suppose.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mOOgo_davo

Sounds like we have got to the bottom of it. Im running in a new motor so hopefully the hard lesson has been learnt. i now keep a spare tank on hand just incase. i reckon the original took a hard hit and thats when my troubles started...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.