Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 PM
  #17701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Motorman007
Do you all oil the outter and the inner fliter? or just the inner and not the outter?
both with PJ-1 air filter spray, can be bought at almost any motorcycle shop.

Originally Posted by yollie
Which front chasis brace do you use with new us spec.
i run short.
jmaxey51 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 PM
  #17702  
Tech Master
iTrader: (51)
 
Rock333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

+1 on what jmaxey51 said.
Rock333 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 PM
  #17703  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 116
Default

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
both with PJ-1 air filter spray, can be bought at almost any motorcycle shop.



i run short.
Is there any diffrent if I use the long one
yollie is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 PM
  #17704  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yollie
Is there any diffrent if I use the long one
yes there is a difference. i have run the long a lot, the buggy just feels better with the short to me. the best thing to do is to try both and see which you like best. with the short, the steering felt a little smoother to me, long felt better on tight tracks.
jmaxey51 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
  #17705  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (89)
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,420
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
both with PJ-1 air filter spray, can be bought at almost any motorcycle shop.
Thanx sir
Motorman007 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
  #17706  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
sykemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: evans georgia
Posts: 764
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

if you need alot of new parts, i've got a mugen mbx6r for sale with m2c upgrades. leave e-mail address and i'll send pictures. pm me first.
sykemike is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 AM
  #17707  
Tech Adept
 
shaidi khalid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 222
Default which one is better in handling?

hi there

im now using mbx6..
i want to change the chasis of my car
which one is better in handling?
mbx6r or the mbx6r eu edition?
can someone help me with this?
shaidi khalid is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 PM
  #17708  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,842
Default

Originally Posted by shaidi khalid
hi there

im now using mbx6..
i want to change the chasis of my car
which one is better in handling?
mbx6r or the mbx6r eu edition?
can someone help me with this?
I perfer the R-EU chassis. It gives me better cornerspeed over the 6R chassis.
am is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
  #17709  
Tech Addict
 
curacing2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand Auckland
Posts: 594
Default

Get the BCE +3
curacing2 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 PM
  #17710  
Tech Adept
 
shaidi khalid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 222
Default

thank guys for the tips
shaidi khalid is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
  #17711  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,045
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys im running stock setup on the u.s spec kit and i feel like im lacking rear traction.I do believe it might be the tires i might have used but i also believe i might be able to work on my diff oil setup.So im wondering do any of you guys run the little o-rings in the spider gears or do you run them with out? I'm trying to achieve 5-5-3. I'm going out tomorrow to test different tires but if that doesn't work i might try moving the rear hubs forward. And also i run my battery forward like everyone else here.Any help with would be appreciated.
kman16jr is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 PM
  #17712  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Hey guys im running stock setup on the u.s spec kit and i feel like im lacking rear traction.I do believe it might be the tires i might have used but i also believe i might be able to work on my diff oil setup.So im wondering do any of you guys run the little o-rings in the spider gears or do you run them with out? I'm trying to achieve 5-5-3. I'm going out tomorrow to test different tires but if that doesn't work i might try moving the rear hubs forward. And also i run my battery forward like everyone else here.Any help with would be appreciated.
Try 7-10-7 or more rear toe (3 instead of 2.5) or go to 8.5 rear springs. Shorter wheel base will also help with rear traction. The US Spec setup is a good base line, just little changes to suit you better.

I do not run the o-rings in the diffs btw
jmaxey51 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
  #17713  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,045
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
Try 7-10-7 or more rear toe (3 instead of 2.5) or go to 8.5 rear springs.

I do not run the o-rings in the diffs btw
Ok but if i have tires should i try that first?and how would the rotation be if i used 7-10-7,And i can aslo try the inserts in the rear toe block as well,the springs i dont have so what should i try first?
kman16jr is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM
  #17714  
Suspended
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Ok but if i have tires should i try that first?and how would the rotation be if i used 7-10-7,And i can aslo try the inserts in the rear toe block as well,the springs i dont have so what should i try first?
try 7/7/4 in diffs kevin, i think 7/10/7 will be like a bulldozer. also try same ride height in front and rear. another option is raise camber link on tower in rear.
alwayswin is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
  #17715  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
shanef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alwayswin
try 7/7/4 in diffs kevin, i think 7/10/7 will be like a bulldozer. also try same ride height in front and rear. another option is raise camber link on tower in rear.
You'd want to lower the rear link on the tower to gain more rear grip. Can also try to lay the rear shock over, lighter rear shock oil, longer rear link.
shanef is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.