Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
oh darn ok well hows the stock setup on the rc8t champ ed does it drive smooth and have a lot of steering is it twichy ?

somebody did tell me that i would have change a few things to get it to handle better on a rough track .

and whats the weak areas on this truggy is it tough ?

and does it jump good nice level ?
weakest areas are the turnbuckle rod ends, only thtings i've broken in a year. the truck jumps very nicely but best it lands under control, no need to correct it upon landings either. turning is great but you can get carried away then your back end is allover the place if you go too far on adjustments. i have 0 complaints on it so far.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
thats not to much heavyer il proberty not notice a diffrence than jumping wise accept maybe softer landings like mark k was saying. but with the ce edition does that come with better shock standoffs and steering rod ends ?
if you know .

i only club race and go to money races at my track i run in a sportsman truggy class.
I believe the standoffs are better but the steering rod ends are the same... I think. You wont break them unless you land wrong anyway and they give out to protect you servo among other things so I think they do what their supposed to. Both parts are very cheap and can bend or break on any brand truck. The best part is they are very easy to replace so it's almost a non issue really...
Old 11-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
weakest areas are the turnbuckle rod ends, only thtings i've broken in a year. the truck jumps very nicely but best it lands under control, no need to correct it upon landings either. turning is great but you can get carried away then your back end is allover the place if you go too far on adjustments. i have 0 complaints on it so far.

well i could get titanuim turnbukles so thats not a big deal yea i push my 1.0 t and i know where the limit is .

i tried to drive my 1.0 t hard but it was faster driving smoother with it it seemed like.

so its not hard to setup ?

do over : yea ive landed hard at just the right angle and bend one of my shock shafts on the rear . thats good that the parts are cheap on it

mark k on here said the rc8t is good on a rough track but i dont know if thats the stock setup but i can adjust it for that.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not broke any rod ends or turnbuckles on my RC8T FT, but I did bend a rear out hinge pins. That is all.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mark k on here said the rc8t is good on a rough track but i dont know if thats the stock setup but i can adjust it for that.

Yes tc5 that is with the box stock setup. The only thing I changed was the read diff fluid from 7k to 2k.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mark K

Yes tc5 that is with the box stock setup. The only thing I changed was the read diff fluid from 7k to 2k.

cool doesnt 2k burn up fast though on a truggy espially though a 15 min to 20min main ? man thats good that the stock setup works good on a rough track.

now are the wheelhexs that come on the champ ed have 1/2 hubs or just 0 offset wheelhexs.

cause i have 0 offset aka rims .
Old 11-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

well was runnin the truck purdy hard and now my front right drive shaft(dog bone, cvd) you know what i mean is wobbley i know i can try to bend it back but what you all recomend as a replacement?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tc5man u should stick with losi and get urself the 8ight t 2.0 , cause when u switch cars u have to learn to drive allover again and this truck need to be put together this is not a roller and there is no stock setup up cause u will need to make changes for track condittions the T2.0 is good on any track out of the box , yes they use zero offset wheels and there are things u should upgrade on the truck the rear hubs should be changed to cnc and the front caster blocks also changed to cnc i have the FT truck and slowly making the CE one , since u already drive a losi and know how it handles it is easier to stick to that style then try and switch and get frustarated with the truck i have seen it before .....
Old 11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BigThyperST
tc5man u should stick with losi and get urself the 8ight t 2.0 , cause when u switch cars u have to learn to drive allover again and this truck need to be put together this is not a roller and there is no stock setup up cause u will need to make changes for track condittions the T2.0 is good on any track out of the box , yes they use zero offset wheels and there are things u should upgrade on the truck the rear hubs should be changed to cnc and the front caster blocks also changed to cnc i have the FT truck and slowly making the CE one , since u already drive a losi and know how it handles it is easier to stick to that style then try and switch and get frustarated with the truck i have seen it before .....

yea your right i just get tried of the slop in the eight- t espially the 1.0 t .
you said.. that the 2.0 t uses 0 offset wheels so thats good how come the caster blocks need to be replaced to alum ?

i might just use 1.0 diff and cases so i dont have to deal with worrying about the shimming.

but than again if i got the 2.0 t i would have to adjust to the driving of that compared to my 1.0 t.

Last edited by tc5 man; 11-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Prophet

i been wondering does the parts off the rc8b fit on the rc8t also i know not all of them will fit on the truggy.

for instance like the extended engine mount for the rc8 will that fit the rc8t ?

and also are the wheelhexs on the rc8t 1/2 offset wheelhexs or just 0 offset because i run 0 offset aka wheels.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Truggy stand

Hey guys Looking to get some New stuff over the winter #1 What pit Stand is working the best? #2 What pit bag would be best for the rc8t thanks guys
Old 11-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure about the pit stuff as I do not use them , but considering getting them.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Klink
Hey guys Looking to get some New stuff over the winter #1 What pit Stand is working the best? #2 What pit bag would be best for the rc8t thanks guys
Dialed Inc. makes an awesome carry bag for your truck.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

has anyone had issues where the clutch bell isn't forward enough to make full contact with the spur gear? its about 3mm short.
i've tried shimming the clutchbell forward as much as possible on the motor but its still just abit short.

thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by kai888
has anyone had issues where the clutch bell isn't forward enough to make full contact with the spur gear? its about 3mm short.
i've tried shimming the clutchbell forward as much as possible on the motor but its still just abit short.

thanks
Take the flywheel off and put 2 or 3 shims behind there and try it. That's what I had to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.