Search
Like Tree20Likes

Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hopefully Found a solution to rear wing mount breakage
Using a mount from a Redcat rampage xb .
{plastic buggy wing stay #07120}
Its supersize compared to the kratons .
Had to cut down original broken one down to reuse the mounting setup for the brace
Looks to be an inch higher and maybe 2 inches further back
Will definitely work as a wheelie bar .
Will give it a go morrow and see how it holds up
Old 12-27-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Have any pics?
Old 12-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Here Ya go
In pic 6 Ive since added a tie wrap around brace to better hold mount down as it is only bolted thru the 2 rear mounts .
Attached Thumbnails Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-wing-1.jpg   Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-wing-3.jpg   Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-wing-4.jpg   Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-wing-5.jpg   Offical ARRMA KRATON MT thread-wing-6.jpg  

Old 12-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Ran 2 packs thru today
Wing held up like a champ
Full on endo on wing from 15 foot up no problem
numerous cartwheels , full on belly flops on lid
Kraton is Bash worthy again
Temp was 60 degrees out So still needs a 45 degree day
to see if it fails in cold like oem one does but it is so much larger that I think
wing breakage is solved .
Wing now acts like a wheelie bar so no more backflips .
All running done on the dirt so asphalt might be different .
Old 12-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm having steering issues.

On power up, I tested my steering, but one wheel was flush against my tool box. Ever since then, I get the steering problem shown on the video below.

I've tried to tighten the servo saver per the manual as much as I can (not the best design, I have to say). I've removed and remounted the servo and used locktite.

I've thought about replacing parts, but nothing looks damaged to me.

The servo mount seems very flimsy, as you will see from the wobble below.

Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krIQ...ux25UpRMZji6Pg
Old 12-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Check the bearings in the knuckles to see if they need to be replaced .
Movement of servo rocking is normal for machine ,
what is the machine doing when you drive it ?
Old 12-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by strykerakamack
Barely steering at all - all servo movement is getting swallowed up by the servo saver.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi everyone I am new here And I was hoping to get a little advice on the new build I am looking into. I am debating 2 options
1. Buy a new Kraton from tower hobby when they come back into stock for around 450.
2. Buy a chassis off eBay for 220 with servo included. Buy a castle creations mamba monster 2 with neu castle motor for 230 and buy tires and wheels or 50 bucks and a receiver for around 25 bucks and use my existing tqi controller. Totalling 525 which is about 75 bucks more than the rtr version but I get to build it myself with the electronics I want.
Any thoughts on this? Te other question I have is about the motor. If I build I was planning to use the neu castle 1512 (2650kv). Is that a good choice for a Kraton build or should I be using a 1515 (2200kv)? I do have the mm2 with 2200kv setup in my FLM eMaxx build so I wanted to try the 2650 in the Kraton build.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

OK, I just took the front wheels off and tightened the servo saver as much as I could. Seems to steer OK. I put the wheels back on, all servo movement gets swallowed up by the servo saver, vehicle hardly steers.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Hi everyone I am new here And I was hoping to get a little advice on the new build I am looking into. I am debating 2 options
1. Buy a new Kraton from tower hobby when they come back into stock for around 450.
2. Buy a chassis off eBay for 220 with servo included. Buy a castle creations mamba monster 2 with neu castle motor for 230 and buy tires and wheels or 50 bucks and a receiver for around 25 bucks and use my existing tqi controller. Totalling 525 which is about 75 bucks more than the rtr version but I get to build it myself with the electronics I want.
Any thoughts on this? Te other question I have is about the motor. If I build I was planning to use the neu castle 1512 (2650kv). Is that a good choice for a Kraton build or should I be using a 1515 (2200kv)? I do have the mm2 with 2200kv setup in my FLM eMaxx build so I wanted to try the 2650 in the Kraton build.
Actually updating the motor question. I see the neu castle 1512 (2650kv) is a buggy motor so I would either use the 1515(2200kv) or use a tekin rx8 with tt2320 (2250kv) motor.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheExpandingMan
I'm having steering issues.

On power up, I tested my steering, but one wheel was flush against my tool box. Ever since then, I get the steering problem shown on the video below.

I've tried to tighten the servo saver per the manual as much as I can (not the best design, I have to say). I've removed and remounted the servo and used locktite.

I've thought about replacing parts, but nothing looks damaged to me.

The servo mount seems very flimsy, as you will see from the wobble below.

Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krIQ...ux25UpRMZji6Pg
I would think your steering linkage (bellcrank) is bound up most likely at the bottom of or the steering post. The bellcrank has bushings riding on the posts, you may have one seized or a bent post. also check your servo saver spring make sure its not broke. It does seem that the servo saver is just to loose. Good luck hope it just a simple easy fix. These trucks are put together in mass production in a hurry (new truck in high demand) sometimes things are just not right coming out of the box.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Here Ya go
In pic 6 Ive since added a tie wrap around brace to better hold mount down as it is only bolted thru the 2 rear mounts .
Cool. For $10 ill give this a shot. Like the idea if it being a bit higher too
Old 12-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Big Squid RC put a Castle 2650kv motor in the Kraton with the mamba monster 2 and loved it. It's more of a 4 cell motor, on 4cells it faster then the stock 2050 ,that's going to run better on 6 cells. It seems that 6 cells show the Kraton's weaknesses much quicker. (there are reasons why they can sell the truck at such a low cost) The Castle mamba monster 2 is in my opinion a big improvement over the stock ones that have proven to be unreliable.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boblosi
Big Squid RC put a Castle 2650kv motor in the Kraton with the mamba monster 2 and loved it. It's more of a 4 cell motor, on 4cells it faster then the stock 2050 ,that's going to run better on 6 cells. It seems that 6 cells show the Kraton's weaknesses much quicker. (there are reasons why they can sell the truck at such a low cost) The Castle mamba monster 2 is in my opinion a big improvement over the stock ones that have proven to be unreliable.
It seems every truck out there shows its weaknesses on 6s. I don't think any truck out there right now can truly handle 6s without babying it. Show me a truck that you can "drive it like you stole it" on 6s without stripping diff gears or breaking axles and I'll buy it!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Boblosi
Yea I saw that write up from big squid. It just made me think about using the 2200kv castle when I saw that the 2650kv was a buggy motor. I didn't know if it would overheat on a truck that was as heavy as the Kraton. I don't know the weight but it seems like it will be around 12-15lbs. I don't know... I am sure the 2650 would work fine but what if I wanted to run 5s? Can the 2650 handle over 4s or is 4s the actual max rating on it? I wouldn't run 6s but maybe 5s.
Next question is about the tekin rx8 with 2250kv. Both the castle 2200 system and the tekin system is the same price. Does the tekin have any advantages over the castle? I am also wondering about the receiver. You can run any receiver with any esc/motor combo right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.