Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree188Likes

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sal the salmon
i cant get over how fun this truggy is to drive. ive got it pretty dialed and its clearing my doubles by about 10 feet if i get a good corner leading in. its super fast and responsive for the size. i havnt not broke any parts other then stripping gears which is my fault in over 20 packs of bashing. AE, time to make me some upgrades.

i would try the ESC relocate but my 2250 3s is to big to allow it.
I wrecked the gears on my steering servo after about 5 runs, but that was 100% my fault. So far so good, looking forward to having it out in some better conditions!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

The steering bearings are 4x7x2.5mm if that helps anybody else find some to replace bushings.

I'm putting in a Leopard 2838 4-Pole Brushless Sensored Motor 4700KV, tekin rs esc, and I'll be running 1/10 rear buggy tires. Any guesses at gearing? I can only find a 15t or 18t in a mod .5 with 1/8 bore. Guess I'll start with 15 since i have bigger tires and slightly higher kv and see what happens. Not sure how the larger can motor will change things gearing wise. The motor fits no problem just needed to swap in some m3 screws.

Last edited by D House; 01-15-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-19-2019, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

as a long time Associated 1/12th Racer (12i, 12L, 12LS, 12L3, 12R5, 12R6) I got a Reflex 14B for my nieces birthday. When I got it the factory kit seals were broken . Off course I wrote the shop imediately, the answer was, that this is normal and nothing to worry about, they brake the seals often and if they thought that would be a problem, they would put on new seals . Anybody heard that shops have original Associated factory seals, so they can open the kits and hide what they have done???

But that ist not all that went not to my liking. Today she got the car and off course we had to try it out. After about 3 minutes of running and a small jump from the pavement the car did not move any further but made a terrible noise when the motor was spinning. No problem, just adjust the gear mesh, I thought. After adjusting the gearmesh, the next drive was even shorter, the terrible noise was back again after a few meters.
Off course I investigated further and noticed, that the front bearing of the center differential seems to be shot (see picture). I can not believe that this was caused by my niece or that Team Associated sells a kit with a broken bearing. Has anybody exoperienced the same issue? I believe that the car was complained because of that issue and that they just adjusted the gear mesh without finding the problem on the bearing and sold it on.
Off Course, instead of a happy birthday it was an dissapointing one for my niece as well as me .

Please let me know your thoughts abou this as I think this is almost criminal behaviour of the shop, selling a kit wich was complained beeing defective without adressing the problem properly. Even if they would there should be a discount on such a vehicle.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 01-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

same bearing and housing that is messed up on my rig. i cant get the bearing off to replace it because the end of the part its pressed onto is mushroomed a bit. its the reason my spur gear moves out of round i think.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:44 PM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sal the salmon
same bearing and housing that is messed up on my rig. i cant get the bearing off to replace it because the end of the part its pressed onto is mushroomed a bit. its the reason my spur gear moves out of round i think.
Can't you just replace the whole thing?
Old 01-24-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drifter
Hi,

as a long time Associated 1/12th Racer (12i, 12L, 12LS, 12L3, 12R5, 12R6) I got a Reflex 14B for my nieces birthday. When I got it the factory kit seals were broken . Off course I wrote the shop imediately, the answer was, that this is normal and nothing to worry about, they brake the seals often and if they thought that would be a problem, they would put on new seals . Anybody heard that shops have original Associated factory seals, so they can open the kits and hide what they have done???

But that ist not all that went not to my liking. Today she got the car and off course we had to try it out. After about 3 minutes of running and a small jump from the pavement the car did not move any further but made a terrible noise when the motor was spinning. No problem, just adjust the gear mesh, I thought. After adjusting the gearmesh, the next drive was even shorter, the terrible noise was back again after a few meters.
Off course I investigated further and noticed, that the front bearing of the center differential seems to be shot (see picture). I can not believe that this was caused by my niece or that Team Associated sells a kit with a broken bearing. Has anybody exoperienced the same issue? I believe that the car was complained because of that issue and that they just adjusted the gear mesh without finding the problem on the bearing and sold it on.
Off Course, instead of a happy birthday it was an dissapointing one for my niece as well as me .

Please let me know your thoughts abou this as I think this is almost criminal behaviour of the shop, selling a kit wich was complained beeing defective without adressing the problem properly. Even if they would there should be a discount on such a vehicle.
Sorry about the unfortunate situation with your buggy. I dont own a 14B yet so I cant provide any personal info. However, I've been checking in on this thread often. Its seems most of the current owners have positive comments about this platform. Hope AE corrects any/all problems.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Drifter
Ive beat the crap out of my 14b and have had no breakage at all .My guess is the broken seal, sketchy who knows what the shop did to it. Contact AE or the shop. You will enjoy the car once you get it fixed up. Cheers!
​​​​​
Old 01-28-2019, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey I've had a 14b for around 3 weeks and somehow stripped 2 spur gears which come stock with the car. I've set the gear mesh as recommend and cleaned the gears regularly. Are there aftermarket spur gears yet? Or any other options
Old 01-30-2019, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Update on using a motor with 1/8 shaft... pinion gear options...

LC Racing pinion is a direct fit just need a shorter set screw. comes with a 3mm, need 2.5mm
Hot racing pinions will work but the hole of motor mount and the hub of the pinion are like exactly the same size so they rub. but a quick little massage with the dremel to open up the motor mount hole and they work. also requires a shorter 2.5mm set screw.

LC Racing 16 tooth p/n: L6206
Hot Racing 18 tooth p/n: CSG18M05
Hot Racing 15 tooth p/n: CSG15M05

any m3 x 2.5mm set screw will work I bought some losi (yuck) p/n: TLR6288 because it was the first i found
Ben from Iowa likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Love these little things! It's a tight fit getting everything to jive, but I shoehorned the upgraded servo and VXL ESC from my mini Revo. Wheels and tires are cheapo premounts for the mini Rally. Haven't used them yet ...

racknpinion and McPete like this.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Looks great! Keep us posted on that Blue Bird servo. I've been considering one of those for my LC.

Watch out for those wheels though. I saw someone recently in one of the facebook groups who had that exact same pair of HSP's shatter right at the hex. Whole wheel came off, everything but where it was bolted to the axle.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

trucks been running good. ive been bashing with it between crawling and snow. had some nice ice conditions on the track, but now we have 2 feet of snowpack. ill prob make a few snow jumps soon. cheers. also, want to make a crawler trailer to tow it on
Old 02-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We have 4 Ts and one B and we race these in my basement carpet track. These little guys are super fun and very durable so far. Smashed a lot of walls and each other with minimal breakage
Old 02-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

put drift tires on her today at a local drift event and even make a couple clean laps. it actually worked pretty good once i turned the throtle down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.