Associated Reflex 14B/14T >

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Like Tree58Likes

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Old 09-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Associated Reflex 14B/14T

Hey all anyone seen these yet? Looks like the mini scene might take off! Super excited to see what comes of this.

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/Reflex_14B/RTR/
Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It has a center diff, which is kind of awesome. Given the popularity of the mini 8 and the LC Racing 1/14 rigs, this has a decent shot.

Might come with cvds standard (canít tell yet) so between those and the center diff it seems very competitive and well-priced.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Interesting. First though this was a misprint since they have had a 1/18 buggy also called Reflex. Price looks decent. I like my Losi Mini8. But eventually sold it. Something about the 1/14 size, never really found a good place to run it.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd love to know the diameter and length of that Reedy 4500 motor's can. My experience with Reedy non-sensored brushless motors is that they run hot. Based on my experience with Mini 8ights I'm thinking I'd want a slightly larger motor. However, it appears that the ESC mounting plate doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. Still, I love minis and I've been wanting to add another Associated to my stable so I'll probably get the truggy version.

Last edited by Colbynobo; 09-24-2018 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Meant to say "mounting plate" and not "motor plate."
Old 09-24-2018, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks the same type of motor that came in the mini 8ight:

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ushless_motor/

They donít mention gear pitch anywhere but I am hoping 48.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
It has a center diff, which is kind of awesome. Given the popularity of the mini 8 and the LC Racing 1/14 rigs, this has a decent shot.

Might come with cvds standard (can’t tell yet) so between those and the center diff it seems very competitive and well-priced.

Looks like universals in front dogbones in rear.

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
Looks the same type of motor that came in the mini 8ight:

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ushless_motor/

They don’t mention gear pitch anywhere but I am hoping 48.

Dude that motor is super tiny for something like this, it is listed as a 280 can? Heck most 1/18 come with a 380 or 390 can motor.
From comparing pictures of the spur against other spurs it does appear to be 48p.

It has 3 gear diffs. https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...tial_case_kit/
Old 09-25-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

curious on the tires and carpet conditions. We run mini racing in the winter. LC Racing vehicles being quite popular due to what you get for the price. We even ran them outdoors on a 100 x 80 astro track. They were quite fun. Lots of guys liking doing a long wheel base mini buggy.

I do hope to see some of these local as I know the LHS can get these in and stock parts. Price looks good, but also curious on the motor as one of the nice things about the longer chassis LC Racing mini's is the longer can motor.

I have to say, the electronics package, mainly the esc and maybe the motor, looks similar other than color of course to what we got in with the LC Racing buggies when you didn't opt for the Tenshock motor. Wouldn't be surprised that a hobbywing regular program card (not the LCD One) works with the esc.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
curious on the tires and carpet conditions. We run mini racing in the winter. LC Racing vehicles being quite popular due to what you get for the price. We even ran them outdoors on a 100 x 80 astro track. They were quite fun. Lots of guys liking doing a long wheel base mini buggy.

I do hope to see some of these local as I know the LHS can get these in and stock parts. Price looks good, but also curious on the motor as one of the nice things about the longer chassis LC Racing mini's is the longer can motor.

I have to say, the electronics package, mainly the esc and maybe the motor, looks similar other than color of course to what we got in with the LC Racing buggies when you didn't opt for the Tenshock motor. Wouldn't be surprised that a hobbywing regular program card (not the LCD One) works with the esc.
Most of the Associated escs seem to be Hobbywing rebrands, the Sc600 is a rebranded neutered wp10bl60.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

The is ESC is definitely a Hobbywing OEM part. HW makes parts for Losi, LC, and Reedy. I'm not sure about the little 280 motor they decided to use. That along with the tiny 2mm shaft(appress Reedy went the same route with this one) was a huge sticking point for the Losi minis. I will be curious to see what the motor mount is made from and how easily it will be adaptable to a 380. Hopefully, with AE being behind it, there will be a plethora of aftermarket parts support, but that remains to be seen.

My only other small gripe is the plastic diff gears, but that might not necessarily be a deal breaker. Many 1/10 race cars use plastic gearing, though I wouldn't expect the same level of quality here.

Given the fact that the LC Racing cars come with a proper 380, metal chassis, fluid filed metal diffs and a few other goodies, and the price is about exactly the same as their EMB-1 buggy, it has a tough act to follow. But I'm down for anything of reasonably high quality drawing more attention the mini scene.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

If we can get more companies to make a 1/14 scale that have the same dimensions as the Losi and LC Racing 1/14's that would be great. The wheelbase on this one is variable but from what to what?
Old 09-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

I am really hoping this will start a class for them. I put my name on the list for when they are available. I may grab one to see how these compare to my LC cars. Only thing I see is parts will be stocked at local shops.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

The close up photo where you can see the servo shows the brand on the servo as batan - they are connected with LC racing I understand. I would say these are LC manufactured. Wouldn't be surprised to see a version of LC's own new LWB buggy soon. Also, Blue versions of the red LC alu shocks branded as factory team parts coming also.
Personally, I'm kinda disappointed, they're pretty late with this. Would have been nice to see something a bit more innovative. But hey ho, I'm sure it will sell well, may end up tempted myself (especially by a LWB buggy).
tyreguy likes this.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Well I just pre ordered through Amain. I'm really hoping this is a good buggy and they come out with some decent upgrades. I will see how this compares to my LC buggy but the LC is really hard to beat for the price.
vines and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
I'm really hoping this is a good buggy and they come out with some decent upgrades.

I hope that Exotek and or MIP comes up with upgrades like they did for the RC18T. Also hope that AE releases a true 1/14th scale truggy in the future,not this buggy chassis with truck body stuff lol.

tyreguy and Jnor727 like this.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone get one yet? I just ordered a T.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service