Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM
  #2476  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The south
Posts: 68
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

friday night for me
bigjon0207 is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM
  #2477  
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,800
Default

This coming weekend usually marks the beginning of the carpet season in the United States. It's a time when most people decide to stop running outside be it, off road racing in the dirt or on road asphalt racing and come inside to cut a lil rug...... Here at Hotshot RC its carpet season all year round. But we do look forward to this time of year because of all the great people and awesome events. The VTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS. Was the first of these events last month and it was better than last year by a mile. If you never been to a big race/ Nationals style event mark this on your callender for next year.

The Next event for most of us will be on OCTOBER 19th for THE CARPET DUEL at One Lug. Hotshot RC will have good atendance as the entire WAREHOUSE TEAM will be there and looks to have a strong showing. If you never been then you are missing a great fast paced one day event. The people there are great and most of us consider them rivals.......(I mean friends) Clean laps are the only way to go on this track. Two to three bumps or brushes with the wall and you are officially a BACK MARKER. But due to the nature of this short track, Luck can play in it also so stay on your toes.

November 23 marks the second year of the GEORGIA ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS. This event was great last year and will be better this year. This will be a fast pace 1 day event and will have a good mixture of everything you can run on carpet. We will have a new layout for this event so look forward to a good mix of everything in this new layout. We will make it fair for everyone prior to the event and will shut down the on-road track the week before.



As usual prizes and giveaways from our sponsors and great people, make this a great event to be apart of so don't miss it.

Last edited by JustWill75; 10-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.
JustWill75 is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
  #2478  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: dallas ga.
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Friday night for me.
bamss1 is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:44 PM
  #2479  
Tech Elite
 
Mizchief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,069
Default

i'm in Friday and Saturday for 2wd buggy. Might do SCT as well, but will probably just focus on buggy since it' my first time out with it.
Mizchief is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 PM
  #2480  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
8drenlnjunkE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I'm in Friday for 2wd and 4wd buggy. I haven't had time to install electronics in my stadium truck
8drenlnjunkE is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 AM
  #2481  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,619
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JustWill75
This coming weekend usually marks the beginning of the carpet season in the United States. It's a time when most people decide to stop running outside be it, off road racing in the dirt or on road asphalt racing and come inside to cut a lil rug...... Here at Hotshot RC its carpet season all year round. But we do look forward to this time of year because of all the great people and awesome events. The VTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS. Was the first of these events last month and it was better than last year by a mile. If you never been to a big race/ Nationals style event mark this on your callender for next year.

The Next event for most of us will be on OCTOBER 19th for THE CARPET DUEL at One Lug. Hotshot RC will have good atendance as the entire WAREHOUSE TEAM will be there and looks to have a strong showing. If you never been then you are missing a great fast paced one day event. The people there are great and most of us consider them rivals.......(I mean friends) Clean laps are the only way to go on this track. Two to three bumps or brushes with the wall and you are officially a BACK MARKER. But due to the nature of this short track, Luck can play in it also so stay on your toes.

November 23 marks the second year of the GEORGIA ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS. This event was great last year and will be better this year. This will be a fast pace 1 day event and will have a good mixture of everything you can run on carpet. We will have a new layout for this event so look forward to a good mix of everything in this new layout. We will make it fair for everyone prior to the event and will shut down the on-road track the week before.



As usual prizes and giveaways from our sponsors and great people, make this a great event to be apart of so don't miss it.
happy to see this, looking fwd to it again

great job Will and all of the Hotshots
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:12 AM
  #2482  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Originally Posted by JustWill75
This coming weekend usually marks the beginning of the carpet season in the United States. It's a time when most people decide to stop running outside be it, off road racing in the dirt or on road asphalt racing and come inside to cut a lil rug...... Here at Hotshot RC its carpet season all year round. But we do look forward to this time of year because of all the great people and awesome events. The VTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS. Was the first of these events last month and it was better than last year by a mile. If you never been to a big race/ Nationals style event mark this on your callender for next year.

The Next event for most of us will be on OCTOBER 19th for THE CARPET DUEL at One Lug. Hotshot RC will have good atendance as the entire WAREHOUSE TEAM will be there and looks to have a strong showing. If you never been then you are missing a great fast paced one day event. The people there are great and most of us consider them rivals.......(I mean friends) Clean laps are the only way to go on this track. Two to three bumps or brushes with the wall and you are officially a BACK MARKER. But due to the nature of this short track, Luck can play in it also so stay on your toes.

November 23 marks the second year of the GEORGIA ON ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS. This event was great last year and will be better this year. This will be a fast pace 1 day event and will have a good mixture of everything you can run on carpet. We will have a new layout for this event so look forward to a good mix of everything in this new layout. We will make it fair for everyone prior to the event and will shut down the on-road track the week before.



As usual prizes and giveaways from our sponsors and great people, make this a great event to be apart of so don't miss it.

Never mind. I got my answer.

Last edited by 6376vette; 10-04-2013 at 10:22 AM.
6376vette is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
  #2483  
Tech Master
 
hotshotrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 1,352
Exclamation OffRoad Callout !

Offroad racing tonight ! SCT, Buggy, ST -- bring whatcha got and race with us ! Racing starts at 8pm.
hotshotrc is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM
  #2484  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hotshotrc
Offroad racing tonight ! SCT, Buggy, ST -- bring whatcha got and race with us ! Racing starts at 8pm.
I am in for tomorrow.

Brian
SUPERLOOPER is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
  #2485  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default offroad

I am thinking of coming racing with my 2wd buggy.
What time does racing start on Saturday?
Is there time to practice and do a few laps before racing starts?
Berky is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:22 PM
  #2486  
Tech Master
 
hotshotrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 1,352
Default

Originally Posted by Berky
I am thinking of coming racing with my 2wd buggy.
What time does racing start on Saturday?
Is there time to practice and do a few laps before racing starts?
Shop opens at 12, racing at 3pm.
hotshotrc is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
  #2487  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Berky
I am thinking of coming racing with my 2wd buggy.
What time does racing start on Saturday?
Is there time to practice and do a few laps before racing starts?
Paul,

Most people get there around 1-2 and setup for racing. The facility has tables but you will need a chair. The tables have power. Come join us for some fun. The tire choice is a bar code type(sweep tendroids) tire in super soft compound.

Brian
SUPERLOOPER is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 07:44 PM
  #2488  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
GregoryB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cookeville Tn.
Posts: 130
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Any pic or video of the off-road track maybe from last two or three weeks
Thank you

Last edited by GregoryB; 10-04-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Adding
GregoryB is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  #2489  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (51)
 
ATLiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GregoryB
Any pic or video of the off-road track maybe from last two or three weeks
Thank you
Found this video online from when it was built end of July 13'. This is still the layout with some minor adjustments to jumps...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
ATLiens is offline  
Old 10-04-2013, 09:39 PM
  #2490  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Another Great Friday night of racing!!! I will try my best to be there tomorrow!
synap2012 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.