Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes I was one of them and agree in Q1 was where I noticed it missed a few. I was running a new car but mout the transponder the same way in every car of mine. I have never had this issue before, and one of my friends it missed a lot of laps causing him to miss out qualifying for the A main and having to bump. I travel to different states and multiple tracks, and hotshots IS the ONLY place I've ever had this issue. If I have this issue at 1 of 20+ tracks I have been to, then the problem does NOT lie with my cars or my installation, it would have to lie with the only variable that is different, the track.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

A couple of weeks ago we turned the squelch setting up on the decoder because there were a few "short" laps. Keith and I were testing some Sat and I turned the squelch down 10 points (from 60 to 50). Keith may want to turn it down another 10 pts (40).

I printed out all the qualifiers and see a couple of people that may have a problem.

Eddie C. for sure has a PT problem!
Matt B has one.

Others have missed one or two.

I think a little decoder tweaking will fix it.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Matt B tried 2-3 different transponders
Old 10-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Could always get rid of j-laps and get something that actually works all the time. Just saying.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Eddie Colon moved his transponder before the B main and it counted all of his laps fine. I do think there is an issue however. I know Dalton RC has been having some problems the last few races. I wonder if the hybrid transponders have an issue or something. I never missed laps with the Mr T transponders.

Brian
Old 10-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

How can you tell if it missed laps? The long lap time? Cause we all have blank laps in the results but it continues with the correct numerical lap #. But some show very long lap times.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
How can you tell if it missed laps? The long lap time? Cause we all have blank laps in the results but it continues with the correct numerical lap #. But some show very long lap times.
The gap followed by a long lap time. I don't remember sitting upside down/piped for 15 seconds in Q1. Also it might have missed my last lap in that run now that I look at it again. It seemed to be fine in the mains though. I knew a 24 lap run sounded odd for me, but I also knew I made a lot of mistakes and never checked the lap times.

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be consistent.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
The gap followed by a long lap time. I don't remember sitting upside down/piped for 15 seconds in Q1. Also it might have missed my last lap in that run now that I look at it again. It seemed to be fine in the mains though. I knew a 24 lap run sounded odd for me, but I also knew I made a lot of mistakes and never checked the lap times.

Gotcha.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
What I look for to determine missed laps. I look for a couple of average fast lap times and a couple of average slow lap times, split the difference and multiply x 2. For instance: 13.0 & 14.0 = 13. 5 x 2 = 27 sec. So by that if someone says they missed a lap and I see a long lap time of 26-27 sec there's a good chance that's 2 laps. I've been running races a long time and can scan the lap times and do the math in my head at a glance. It also helps to have a wittness saying they didn't wreck! It's still a hard call to make, even the best will get stuck or on their lid!

If I see an unusually fast lap time followed by an unusually slow lap time could mean they may have counted before getting to the start/finish line by getting to close to the loop, which could happen a HotShots rounding the corner to wide or wrecking at the pole.

If there's an unusually fast lap time followed by an average lap time means you cut the track!

The gaps in the lap time report are when you got put down a lap by the leaders on the same lead lap. If there's a long line of gaps with maybe one lap time is where a racer got a lap back. A good example of this is Qual race #8 of round two.

In the case of Fri's race there was way more than normal missed laps and needs to be sorted out where the problem is. If this wasn't a problem before Fri then what changed from Wed to Fri?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rfury

Wrong about the gap! (explained in my previos post)

Your 29.778 lap time on lap 21 could be a double. And you got your last lap because your finish time was 6:03.344.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Could it be a problem with the loop wire having a splice, or shorting out in some way?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
Could it be a problem with the loop wire having a splice, or shorting out in some way?
Possible but they have it pretty well protected.

I think the squelch is more likely. There's also a squelch feature in JLap, it was more for the AMBrc2 decoder that didn't have the squelch feature and shouldn't be used in addition to the RC4 decoders squelch.

I'll see if Keith can send me the decoders laps passings record. It stores the last 50,000 laps. We can use that file to see if those missed laps were sent to the computer or not.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So are the results posted anywhere? I see the results link on the hotshot site but nothing listed for the last several weeks.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank God I've got something to blame my poor lap count on, I knew it could not have been me!!! LOL,,,,LOL, one more time LOL! Carl Knight
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
Thank God I've got something to blame my poor lap count on, I knew it could not have been me!!! LOL,,,,LOL, one more time LOL! Carl Knight
Sorry Carl....all your laps counted!

Race Results

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.