Search
Like Tree488Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I refuse to race one color paint jobs. Unless done very well with appropriate decals as well, one color paint looks lazy. Anyone can add racing strips at least.

Yes I airbrush mine myself. The paint is minimal to get that kind of work. I know it's a bit heavy due to the shoe goo front end, but that is a necessary evil for a 2 piece or pretty much any VTA body.

Thanks for the input.
Okay, so do single-color with racing stripes. You're right, racing stripes are easy and don't weigh much more than single-color.

I have a couple bodies with spoilers Shoe-Gooed in place, but I use a tiny dab of the stuff on each contact point and I use neodymium magnets to squeeze the parts together as the Shoe-Goo sets. That way I need so little of the stuff that its weight is undetectable.

Remember, the people who win are the people who will make all necessary compromises, whether it's spending hours running practice laps, using annoying glass tape instead of a convenient tie-down bar, or using a "lazy" single-piece body.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
If you're removing the battery hold-in piece, I assume you are taping in the battery. How are you doing that? pics?
There are two plastic loops on the parts tree that screw to the chassis. These are the tape loops and battery stops essentially.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was going the way of getting Phantom batteries. They are pretty light.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Droop.

Managed to mess up my settings (which were per the manual). What number should I be aiming for on a droop gauge with the car sat on droop blocks please. I've set it to 3 all round at the moment but haven't run it yet. We run on grey carpet (primafelt?). Stock rear and C blocks up front.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I run Grey carpet as well and I'm at 2.5 front 2 rear. Initially I was going for more drop (lower number) but the tub chassis won't allow it. However, it turns out the car doesn't need it. At least in VTA.

Car drove great right out of the box. I have 05e blocks up front though.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. Now I'm just wondering how to shave 40ish grams from the car. I have already put all the lightweight components on the car that I can. Aluminum screws, diff outdrives, axles, etc. even running a pretty light weight ESC. Anyone (other than Bert) have any suggestions?
Let me see.... If you don't have the alum rear driveshafts from Tamiya def those, The last piece to my ta06 I forgot was the Exotek Alum outdrives that attach to the shafts I just mentioned. I can't find them on their site anymore but another company out there makes alum for the 419 and bd7's I know I've seen it.

Other then a low pro battery.. My Orca 75C 6000mah weighs 20-30 grams less then my full size Orca 100C.. Just throwing that out there. The extra power from the bigger packs may out due the lightness in a sense though.

I need to see a ta07 in person to get some more ideas. What are you at now 1480-1500 grams? I hear you on the shoe goo and reinforcement.. It's needed but there is at least 10-15 grams usually added to the body when we do that.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
There are two plastic loops on the parts tree that screw to the chassis. These are the tape loops and battery stops essentially.
I haven't been able to get tape in there successfully yet (without taking the battery stops off).
Old 11-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

T works! That's the company. Don't see any Tamiya though :/

https://www.rc-tworks.com/collection...ay-yokomo-2pcs
Old 11-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a part number for the motor plate with the cutouts that is pictured on the first page of the manual and in some pics floating around? Or are we going to have to wait on that part?
Only just noticed that. Not sure if it's a prototype part they left on for the manual photo or a forthcoming release. Would have thought the latter unlikely as the kit plate is already a) aluminium and b) anodised blue. Traditionally Tamiya Hop-Ups usually replace the dull grey alu or plastic parts, can't recall a blue bit being replaced by another blue bit. Also that cut-out plate looks fugly although so does the Hop-Up servo mount (I still bought one) compared to the beautiful TRF417v5 one that they showed in the initial Show photos.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I haven't been able to get tape in there successfully yet (without taking the battery stops off).
I got it. I fold over the tape on itself to make a tab that's non-stick. then feed tape through and maneuver the tape to come out the bottom. Pull through and stick to adhesive side. Cut to length. Make sure your tape is not too wide for the slot. It's easier then it sounds.
]
Old 11-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Has anyone ran Thor car without the gear cover? Wondering how much this part is needed. It would be an easy way to shed 10g. Still going to keep the motor gaurd on there as the more sits so far out.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone ran Thor car without the gear cover? Wondering how much this part is needed. It would be an easy way to shed 10g. Still going to keep the motor gaurd on there as the more sits so far out.
I don't run my gear cover and haven't had any issues on carpet.

When summer parking lot racing comes back around, though, I'll put it back on.

Last edited by JoshuaRC10; 11-18-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got my Techra Suspension mounts and Axion spur gears today. Can't wait to install them.

Edit,
FYI,
In order to get the Techra suspension mount to fit in the rear, you will need to shave some plastic down on the rear lip of the chassis. If you need pictures let me know, I can show you.

Last edited by nubs; 11-18-2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: more information
Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default alum axles1

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
T works! That's the company. Don't see any Tamiya though :/

https://www.rc-tworks.com/collection...ay-yokomo-2pcs

www.exotekracing.com
They have alum axles that fit most of the Tamiya chassis!
Old 11-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Not needed. Most TC have see no need for one n their designs....Why would this car need it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.