Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:25 AM
TDO
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hugovdb
I will have mine tomorrow! What a torture for those who don't have one jet...
That is what you think Hugo. If I don't let you in my car, you won't be able to pick yours up from our LHS
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
TeamGP-

Do you have a screw count and size listing for the T2 that you can post for us?

Thanks in advance.
Here ya go:

Qty --- Description and size --- Use(s)
---------------------------------------------------------
7 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x5 (button head) --- multi-diff (3), spur gear (3), front top deck (1)
43 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x6 (button head) --- fr/rr shock towers (8), rear upper deck (8), upper bulkhead clamps (8), quick roll center holders (4), front top deck (9), upper shock mounts (4), motor mount (2)
6 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x8 (button head) --- rear body posts (2), servo (4)
8 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x10 (button head) --- c-hub bottom (2), steering linkage (6)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x12 (button head) --- rear outer camber link (2)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) --- front outer camber link/c-hub top (2)
6 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x16 (button head) --- fr/rr suspension holders (4)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x18 (button head) --- rear suspension holders (4)
24 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x6 (coned) --- bottom chassis/bulkhead (16), alum deck stands (4), servo (2), battery backstops (2)
11 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x8 (coned) --- bottom chassis/bulkhead (1), rear bulkhead brace (2), upper bumper brace (2), lower bumper brace (1), antenna mount (1), battery backstops (4)
4 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x10 (coned) --- lower bumper brace (4)

If you plan on using lighter titanium screws, I'd suggest that you DO NOT replace the following:

* all screws mounting from the bottom of the chassis - you'll probably have to add weight to make the minimum requirement for rubber and foam rules, and adding it up higher would defeat the purpose
* all suspension holder mounting screws - the titanium ones will bend more easily in a crash and introduce tweak through differing arm geometries

If you plan on using steep camber angles with large shims under the outer links, then you'll need to switch the following:

* Replace the 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x12 (button head) with 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) for the rear links
* Replace the 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) with 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x16 (button head) for the front links

NOTE: The kit comes with the latest *black* coated screws which resist binding to the CF much better. As per the manual, we still suggest applying a thin layer of CA with a Q-tip to the counter sunk holes on the bottom of the chassis. Make sure you wipe away the excess CA from the flat surface on the top and bottom sides of the chassis.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Care should be taken when installing titanium screws as it produces a galvanic reaction with aluminum and can essentially 'cold weld' itself to the material...

pre-coating the titanium screws with grease or an anti-seize compound like this: http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/index-sieze.htm should be considered...

Just ask your local bicycle shop...
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TDO
That is what you think Hugo. If I don't let you in my car, you won't be able to pick yours up from our LHS

I will be nice wanna drink ?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
Here ya go:

Qty --- Description and size --- Use(s)
---------------------------------------------------------
7 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x5 (button head) --- multi-diff (3), spur gear (3), front top deck (1)
43 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x6 (button head) --- fr/rr shock towers (8), rear upper deck (8), upper bulkhead clamps (8), quick roll center holders (4), front top deck (9), upper shock mounts (4), motor mount (2)
6 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x8 (button head) --- rear body posts (2), servo (4)
8 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x10 (button head) --- c-hub bottom (2), steering linkage (6)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x12 (button head) --- rear outer camber link (2)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) --- front outer camber link/c-hub top (2)
6 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x16 (button head) --- fr/rr suspension holders (4)
2 --- HEX SCREW SH M3x18 (button head) --- rear suspension holders (4)
24 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x6 (coned) --- bottom chassis/bulkhead (16), alum deck stands (4), servo (2), battery backstops (2)
11 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x8 (coned) --- bottom chassis/bulkhead (1), rear bulkhead brace (2), upper bumper brace (2), lower bumper brace (1), antenna mount (1), battery backstops (4)
4 --- HEX SCREW SFH M3x10 (coned) --- lower bumper brace (4)

If you plan on using lighter titanium screws, I'd suggest that you DO NOT replace the following:

* all screws mounting from the bottom of the chassis - you'll probably have to add weight to make the minimum requirement for rubber and foam rules, and adding it up higher would defeat the purpose
* all suspension holder mounting screws - the titanium ones will bend more easily in a crash and introduce tweak through differing arm geometries

If you plan on using steep camber angles with large shims under the outer links, then you'll need to switch the following:

* Replace the 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x12 (button head) with 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) for the rear links
* Replace the 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x14 (button head) with 2 HEX SCREW SH M3x16 (button head) for the front links

NOTE: The kit comes with the latest *black* coated screws which resist binding to the CF much better. As per the manual, we still suggest applying a thin layer of CA with a Q-tip to the counter sunk holes on the bottom of the chassis. Make sure you wipe away the excess CA from the flat surface on the top and bottom sides of the chassis.
Thanks Guy.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:06 AM
GK
Suspended

Is the drive train ratio still 1.7? And will the belts from FK05 fit? Sorry if these were already asked before, couldn't find it...
Thanks.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

yes and yes ...and yes it was asked
Old 01-03-2006, 10:09 AM
GK
Suspended

Thanks Chris, just found it... Searching works
Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think people realise how easy it is to search now that you can search within threads on this new forum software...it's a lifesaver for some of these monster threads!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM
GK
Suspended

True, assuming you type what you search for with correct spelling, not like me
At least I didn't ask if US kits come with multi diff or ball diff
Old 01-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

The assembly report by RC Infos is now online.

In french language: http://www.rcinfos.com/2006/2006_01_03_Xray_t2.php

Translated by Altavista: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...03_Xray_t2.php

Don't hesitate to visit RC infos: http://www.rcinfos.com/
Old 01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default to the people that have the kits,

does the front end chatter with the new cvds? Or is it fine with full throw? Also does it come with a 3mm upper deck and carbide diff/trust balls? I know Xray's add said so, but it also said it was subject to change. Also is there only one adjustment on the rear shock tower for roll center? Just wondering. All I can do is drool at this point!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
does the front end chatter with the new cvds? Or is it fine with full throw? Also does it come with a 3mm upper deck and carbide diff/trust balls? I know Xray's add said so, but it also said it was subject to change. Also is there only one adjustment on the rear shock tower for roll center? Just wondering. All I can do is drool at this point!
I haven't seen on the workbench/track or heard of anyone experiencing chatter from the new axles. The new axles don't have the thick lip as the old hex hubs did. Full throw, and more, should be fine. Both upper deck pieces are 2.5mm and the shock towers are 3.0mm. The diffs come with carbide thrust bearings as well. The front and rear inner camber links use the new offset XRAY Quick Roll Center holders which provide four positions (high/inner, low/inner, high/outer, low/outer)
Old 01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

GP,

Have you had a chance to check out the diffs, I know you just ran it as is, but do they have more grease in them than the 05 diffs had? specifically the thrust bearing?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default teamgp...

Originally Posted by teamgp
I haven't seen on the workbench/track or heard of anyone experiencing chatter from the new axles. The new axles don't have the thick lip as the old hex hubs did. Full throw, and more, should be fine. Both upper deck pieces are 2.5mm and the shock towers are 3.0mm. The diffs come with carbide thrust bearings as well. The front and rear inner camber links use the new offset XRAY Quick Roll Center holders which provide four positions (high/inner, low/inner, high/outer, low/outer)

Do you know if the diff balls are also carbide or just the trust ball assembly? Both would make the value of the kit over the top. I was hoping for a 3mm upper deck, but oh well. I'm glad to see the shock towers are 3mm and don't differ like the TF TC4. I'm going to love to work on this car. Need traction? Just remove some screws. Need less as traction? Make it stiffer. My tc vision has come true!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.