Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I really liked the cam style camber link adjustments. The car was definitely well thought out. Looks like the new c-hubs may be a little more brittle though. I guess thats the price you pay for lower rotating weight.
I was happy to find that none of the front end composite parts broke when I hit that wall in 19t and the ESC came unsoldered. A check on the setup board confirms that none of the camber or toe readings changed as well.

Last edited by teamgp; 01-02-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Gp do you have any good starting info for us rubber on asphalt guys? Is the car not suited for aspahlt? Please elaborate? Why is there a need to de-tweak the car when XRay boasts that de-tweaking would not be needed? Please advise as I dont want to spend $400 on a car that may not perform as the car I currently have.
I'd have to defer to the european drivers who have run it on asphalt.

I was actually stating that I did NOT have to de-tweak the car in the statement above. I'll have to check the post to see if I made a typo.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sorry Chris but it does say that. Quoted directley from XRay site in anti-tweak.

"The smart innovative design of the chassis, connected via aluminum stands keyed to the top deck, prevents the chassis from being tweaked during a crash, GUARANTEEING the chassis remains teak free all the time."

So I assume that XRay has developed a tweak free car. Which again leads to my question on why you would need to remove tweak? Or perhaps better yet it answers the question as to why you have not had to de-tweak your car.

My concern here is that it clearly states via aluminum stands. SO does this mean that guys who run aspahlt and go with the medium/soft chassis setting (which according to Xray site requires no aluminum stands) are going to be susceptible to chassis tweak?
I'll get an official answer for you concerning the tweak situation with stands removed.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Gp do you have any good starting info for us rubber on asphalt guys? Is the car not suited for aspahlt? Please elaborate? Why is there a need to de-tweak the car when XRay boasts that de-tweaking would not be needed? Please advise as I dont want to spend $400 on a car that may not perform as the car I currently have.
As far as setup goes, if you are running asphalt, just wait and follow the instructions because the Xray stock setups are always very easy to drive and still fast (i.e. box stock XB8 setup...). And for all the other guys that are running carpet, if you hold on and wait for Ralph and Dumas to get back from the Novak race, they will post their setups for sure...
Trust me, the car will surpass your current one by leaps and bounds. When Ralph ran his for the first time and came down from the driver's stand with his eyes wide open saying this car is the Sh*t, that has to tell you something!!!

As far as the tweak goes, i've seen Ralph take a couple really hard crashes coming off the straight and the car remained tweak-free and unbroken.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race Coverage

To all wondering about the new car, it was even better to assemble than the last car. I knowing the Xray quality was even impressed! This car is definately some machine not only stunning in the pits but as impressive on the track.

I will be updating the www.rcamerica.com web site from the Novak Race so all you who would like to follow the race results can check back daily on RC America. Good Luck to all attending the race and see you at the race.

The T2 Revolution begins...
Old 01-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
Now that is a true statement in its entirety.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
This car is definately some machine not only stunning in the pits but as impressive on the track.
Stunning
Impressive
Revolution

Two weeks is going to take forever for the new T2 to get here....
Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
I'll get an official answer for you concerning the tweak situation with stands removed.
Gp I really appreciate that. I look forward to the answer.

This will be my 1st X Ray and I have wanted 1 from its inception, and you guys are really pumping me up. Cant wait to get mine.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

tweak talk at the GP carpet cup last month was quite big.
All drivers,regardless of the chassis, were prone to have some tweaking.
415 MSX, Cyclones etc.. no exception.

However, the level of tweak building up through crashes varied greatly from one car to another, because of the said tolerances. MSXs would tweak a lot (up to 2.5mm on mine one time, I unscrewed the top bulkheads and back on and it was down to normal again), T2s also seemed to tweak but definitely way less.

ALL cars tweak at some point, after a crash especially. But the manufacturing tolerances and the built-in flex will reduce the effect tremendously. (and trust me, i KNOW about major crashes)...
Old 01-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Screw Count

TeamGP-

Do you have a screw count and size listing for the T2 that you can post for us?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I built my T2 last saturday and I can tell you that the quality and workmanship on this car is phenomenal!

The drivetrain is ultra free and it has an extremely low CG! Also, the adjustability is insane, and very easy to adjust.

Hudy quality, even down to the instruction manual, a very comprehensive set-up book, a quick reference table for set-up issues, Final drive ratio chart, as well as a rollout chart for both foam and rubber tyres!!!

I think this is the car to get XRAY the much coveted IFMAR world championship!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rody
I built my T2 last saturday!
is it baristic?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Spoke to the UK distrubuter today and they are not been relased from them until mid janruary.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

I will have mine tomorrow! What a torture for those who don't have one jet...
Old 01-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.