Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the stiffnest that important? Paul Lemieux won the cleaveland race with the 2mm chassis.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default T2 Pre-orders

I have to agree with Steve about the guys at RC America being overworked and under rated for what they do. I know how many kits we would like to have and how many we can have. So that they may give most of their dealers a shot of at least some of their orders. they have to allocate. As far as parts I understand it will be about two weeks after the kits arrive. I have two kits left for those that want them. Visit us at www.evolutionhobbies.com If you have any questions please email or call us.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Dos anyone know if Tamiya shocks will work on the T2?

the only people that have them are team drivers, and I doubt any of them will be trying tamia shocks.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by koabich
The only thing I didn't really care for was the new adjustable flex chassis. He had the car on it's stiffest setting and it did seem to flex a lot to me for a carpet car.

I cannot wait to see it run!
Saw this same car today,and noticed the same thing.
I also noticed the wheel nuts and studs stick out quite a bit past the rim.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Saw this same car today,and noticed the same thing.
I also noticed the wheel nuts and studs stick out quite a bit past the rim.
are they useing different wheels, or extra thick nuts ????

I bet thats so they will be like spikes sticking out and they can chunk the other racers tires !!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I don't know if this has been ask, But can we expect parts on the first shipment??

broken car and 2 -3 weeks without spares will seem like a year has past
"WHEN ARE THE PARTS COMING OUTS?"
Old 12-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Jaco tires.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
"WHEN ARE THE PARTS COMING OUTS?"

look just above at post 977....see what it says......
Old 12-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Is this aimed at Steve or Xray(the mothership). Would you rather have Steve take your money and then tell you he has no cars because Xray shorted RCAmerica which in turn shorted Speedtech. Relax in a month it will be all good. If you cant wait just buy somthing else.......
It was not "aimed" because I'm not worried about a week or two. I just find it funny as I said. And I'm totally relaxed I have mine preordered at my LHS until it arrives I just use my good old 05. Actually I'm very happy with it.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah Kyle...but you also had to try and nitpick and find things you didn't like about the FK05 to try to justify your position when you had decided to hold onto your previous car....

Seems that you changed your tune a bit after taking the plunge though

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt...
Old 12-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The top deck is 3mm thick, ( so are the Shock towers) the chassis is 2.5mm thick. My car with all the screws in it, seams as stiff as my FK 05 with the wide deck and 3mm chassis. ( with that said, I really did not try to twist the car will all my force)

When Ralph ran the car in Cleveland, it was his fastest run, Paul won with a 2mm chassis, maybe it's time to re think just how stiff the cars have to be for carpet.
Clearly everything XRAY has learned in the past 5 years is present in this car. What the car does dynamically on the track is much different then what it does when you try to flex it in your hands.

The threads on the CVD's do protrude slightly, but I am almost wonder if this was on purpose as it does allow a bit of adjustment with width. You never know what XRAY might be testing...... my guess, possibly wider offset hexes, like the XB8? If this is true, I am sure you can live with the extra 2 threads rather then be forced to buy new longer axles in the future.

Yes the Tamiya shocks will fit the T2 ( with the Tamiya hardware) the new shocks have a shorter shock shaft a re designed body, top cap and bottom shock end overall the shock is shorter and places the piston more in the oil. they also now come with the optional foam inserts to control rebound. overall the shocks might look the same, but they will perform completely different. Try them, I think you will like them

Either way when you guys build your T2's, you will love it... the pics do not do it justice. It really is a nice car and a total evolution for XRAY.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the great info Korgae!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Serious...

Originally Posted by Korgae
The top deck is 3mm thick, ( so are the Shock towers) the chassis is 2.5mm thick. My car with all the screws in it, seams as stiff as my FK 05 with the wide deck and 3mm chassis. ( with that said, I really did not try to twist the car will all my force)

When Ralph ran the car in Cleveland, it was his fastest run, Paul won with a 2mm chassis, maybe it's time to re think just how stiff the cars have to be for carpet.
Clearly everything XRAY has learned in the past 5 years is present in this car. What the car does dynamically on the track is much different then what it does when you try to flex it in your hands.

The threads on the CVD's do protrude slightly, but I am almost wonder if this was on purpose as it does allow a bit of adjustment with width. You never know what XRAY might be testing...... my guess, possibly wider offset hexes, like the XB8? If this is true, I am sure you can live with the extra 2 threads rather then be forced to buy new longer axles in the future.

Yes the Tamiya shocks will fit the T2 ( with the Tamiya hardware) the new shocks have a shorter shock shaft a re designed body, top cap and bottom shock end overall the shock is shorter and places the piston more in the oil. they also now come with the optional foam inserts to control rebound. overall the shocks might look the same, but they will perform completely different. Try them, I think you will like them

Either way when you guys build your T2's, you will love it... the pics do not do it justice. It really is a nice car and a total evolution for XRAY.
This car will come with a 3mm upper deck? If so, WOW! I hope it's true because I only do carpet. I think Xray made the perfect storm.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
This car will come with a 3mm upper deck? If so, WOW! I hope it's true because I only do carpet. I think Xray made the perfect storm.
The specs I gave are from the T2 I received. I do not think there will be any differences between the team cars and the production cars. From what I know the parts are production, XRAY of course had to wait for the box and instructions to be printed for the public, the team however they did not... I could be wrong but I do not think so.. To confirm maybe the Euro guys that received the kit from a shop can confirm.

Take care.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Who the hell is bobby j, man that guy talks alot of shit. I think he is a closet xray lover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.