Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
You have to counter sink the top and bottom. I drove tamiya's for years. There not counter sunk on the top decks. Aluma, it sounds like you didn't have the proper shimming between your blocks on your hinge pins. Never go by what the manual says. 1mm of slop is alot, you must not have shimmed it correctly.
The T2 doesn't have countersunk screws on the topdeck!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrcbuggy
OMG after all that money, you are saying we have to spend more? Well come to xray world! Just kidding I am not a happy camper with all the bad news about T2.
One bad apple so what 99 percent T2 owner are happy T2 is awesome
Old 01-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I cant see how you say the design tweaks easily. If you dont hit things it won't tweak.

I have broken mine and had to use another manufacturers car to fix it but its still the best car Ive ever had.

RE the tweak I ran the car in 14 races this weekend doing 2 classes over 1 and a half days and the car was never out once. The only change I made to it was to remove all the posts (this is racing on carpet).

I think you should stop moaning too as 'IF YOU DIDN'T CRASH IT WOULDN'T TWEAK'

Try running the BD before you moan about tweak
Old 01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

What most of us must understand...The T2 is a high end race car not really designed to run into things.
With that said...is there problems with the car....maybe...Give XRay a chance.I'm confident Xray will fix what needs to be fixed.Please just be patient.
After we heard about the car in Cleveland,WE WANTED THE CAR NOW!!! This isn't Xray's fault!!
They also did tell us that parts support would be slow at first...again not Xray's fault.We were warned!!
Remember...this is a TOTALLY new car,the T1 had almost three years of refinement under it's belt,the result ,one of the best TC on the market(05).
I have no doubt,in the long run the T2 will be even better!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
I cant see how you say the design tweaks easily. If you dont hit things it won't tweak.

I have broken mine and had to use another manufacturers car to fix it but its still the best car Ive ever had.

RE the tweak I ran the car in 14 races this weekend doing 2 classes over 1 and a half days and the car was never out once. The only change I made to it was to remove all the posts (this is racing on carpet).

I think you should stop moaning too as 'IF YOU DIDN'T CRASH IT WOULDN'T TWEAK'

Try running the BD before you moan about tweak
Dude you need to wise up. I dont hit that much but breezing a board shouldnt tweak a 400 dollar car. My 05 has never tweaked. The 4 best racers at my local track National's A mainers abandoned their T2s becasue of various problems. I'm not bashing xray I love my 05's its rediculously good. But I'm just pointing out a problem I have with the car. If you dont like it ignore all my posts.

Last time I checked my drivers license it didnt say Atsushi Hara, It didnt say I was 5 foot tall. Everyone hits stuff, if you watch the vids from the Novak race all the leaders hit stuff in the 19turn main. These are guys getting paid to race. I'm not. You understand what im saying? Its hard to get a car dialed in if your constantly battling tweak issues. So only people that never wreck should buy xrays? Xray would be out of buisness by the end of the month if that was the case.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you counter sink the top deck and and use flat head screws. You will eliminate the tweak problem.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

It wasnt just aimed at you fairtrace calm yourself.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
It wasnt just aimed at you fairtrace calm yourself.
lol.

edit..... is anyone gonna be at the track tonite?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

kris ill be there for a little bit
Tech Elite

Sam, Larry is right about the tweak issues the car has.

I race with Larry every weekend and we both have dialed FK05s. Building the T2 and setting it up similar should have yielded some sort of close setup. That was not the case. We worked our tails off changing the car left and right. No matter what, the car would lose traction during a race. And what was odd was that it lost traction in 1 direction, which means its a tweak issue. I have a scale setup with a board that I can level on any surface. When the car would be put on the track, the rear weights would be even at 11.9oz. After the race, regardless of hitting stuff, the car would lose its balance. It would end up with like 9.9oz on one wheel and 13.9 on the other. How did a 4oz shift happen without hitting a wall. I know its not tire wear. We can run our FK05s all day without this type of problem.

Heck, even the factory drivers at the Novak race were running solid top decks to prevent flex.

For anyone that has a T2 kit that is NOT built, check how flexable the stock chassis is with nothing screwed to it. Even though it is 2.5mm, it is still not as stiff as it should be. It's definitely not Quasi-Isotropic graphite (45 degree weave). That should be what the car comes with, but it doesn't. Jason at BMI is making a chassis setup for the car which should definitely help it. XRay will also come up with something like a 3mm lower deck and solid 2.5mm top deck. It's only right when it comes to carpet racing.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I just don't know how to setup the car.
Tech Master

as for a solid top deck calandra racing concepts should have one done buy the end of the week woth the top of the deck countersunk it will be 3mm graphite . i will let everyone know when it is done and if you are going to the birds i should have them down thier ..

mark smyka
Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i ran the car for two weeks now, in connecticut and maryland. both of these tracks r 2 by 4 tracks and havent tweeked the car yet.
Tech Addict

sweet. i hope to be there by 430 or 5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

schreff i would just eat the car if i was you
Old 01-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I guess im no Jeff Cuffs either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.