Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

How about the ball bearings? Are they mostly in the same sizes as the T1FK05?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccars4scott
Hey guys, i am building a multi diff for the first time and just read the directions where it said that you should put "one way oil" on the one way bearings.. Couple of questions:

1. what is one way oil
2. are they pre-oiled from the factory so i could put this together and use it or do i have to wait for some to arrive before using?

Not sure if this is off topic or not, if it is i apologize.
1. http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...48&kategoria=0 that is the "special" xray stuff but any light bearing oil will do the job
2. not sure but as far as I remember they use to be pre-oiled on the FK05...
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Some bearings different, some the same.

7mm nut driver.
2mm hex
1.5mm hex
3mm hex

thats it.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

thanks cvt101, i appreciate the help.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
oh, and carpet ready my arse.

You have to reduce the width of the fronts to stop them binding.
BritRacer..What do you mean by this?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

if you want to run the foams, which come in the box, you need to shave the inside edge of the foams/wheels on the truer to stop them binding on the knuckle.

Not exactly what I imagined when the car was carpet ready.... and seeing the team drivers are already trying a non-flex top deck....not exactly great.

Yes, you could shim them out a mil or so by adding a spacer outside the HEX, but that would widen the track width and give less steering.

Also, if you want to run PRS spur gears, which I do, you need to dremel the heads flat on the screws on the layshaft, and file away some of the chassis to stop the spur gear binding.

If you run a JR servo (I have the 9000s in there) you need to shim the servo back A LOT to stop the arm binding on the top chassis. (Maybe 5mm) so the servo hangs off the edge of the chassis by quite a bit. I am putting a futaba low profile in tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if you want to run the foams, which come in the box, you need to shave the inside edge of the foams/wheels on the truer to stop them binding on the knuckle.

Not exactly what I imagined when the car was carpet ready.... and seeing the team drivers are already trying a non-flex top deck....not exactly great.

Yes, you could shim them out a mil or so by adding a spacer outside the HEX, but that would widen the track width and give less steering.

Also, if you want to run PRS spur gears, which I do, you need to dremel the heads flat on the screws on the layshaft, and file away some of the chassis to stop the spur gear binding.

If you run a JR servo (I have the 9000s in there) you need to shim the servo back A LOT to stop the arm binding on the top chassis. (Maybe 5mm) so the servo hangs off the edge of the chassis by quite a bit. I am putting a futaba low profile in tomorrow.
NICE!!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

its gonna be intresting to see how many others "with the car" agree or disagre with you......

and no matter what the team drivers are always gonna be trying new things to see if they find something better, no matter what brand of car it is....
Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't know...I was checking out a T2 without all of the screws yet installed in the top deck or bulkheads and it was already significantly stiffer than my FK05 with adjustable top deck..

The team drivers will always be continually testing new parts. Did you also notice that the wide deck that was shown didn't have any standoffs mounted on the outside holes?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
its gonna be intresting to see how many others "with the car" agree or disagre with you......
What exactly are you implying?

I was running today with 1 xray team driver, same issues, other than the servo, as he was running a futaba.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run a KO servo in my T2 and i agree with Brit racer. I had to shim it around 3 or 4 mm in order for it to stop binding against the top deck. The Servo now hangs off the chassis slightly.

On a better note, I ran the T2 on Mid-high bite ashphalt today and the car is a weapon! Ran it with Red XRAY fronts, Violet rears in the stiff configuration on foams and it was really dialed....
Old 01-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

I was implying that 20 people that dont have the car yet wont have seen what your talking about, so there was no reason to hear from them "yet" I read this thread and the one on the xray forum and the cars have been out for almost 2 weeks a lot of places, and your complaints are really the first I have heard, granted most, if not all of them run rubber tires, so they wouldnt have found the tire rubbing problem, but they all run servos and no one has mentioned a problem other than that there is no hitech splined arm included in the kit, and I was totally suprised that you would think the team drivers arnt supposed to try new things or run anything that didnt come in your box, and so you want to run an aftermarket spur gear that mounts different from the xray gear and you have to modify something !!!! DOH I gues xray should have anticipated what you were gonna do.......
Old 01-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

see britt....Rody has one and found the same problem you did, exactly what I said would be intresting to see.......
Old 01-07-2006, 09:48 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Is the Futaba 9550 low profile servo strong enough to run with foams its only rated at 83.3 oz-in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.