Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry T2 Canadian Distribution

Is it just me or does anyone else in Canada see the Canadian Xray distribution as a joke? My kit came from Xray to the US Distributor, R/C America, and then to the Canadian Distributor, Canwest R/C, and then to my LHS.

So what this means is that my car gets a additional mark up on it from Canwest R/C, my T2 arrives in Toronto 2 weeks after they are in the stores in the US, and the benefit I get for this waste of time and money.... Canwest R/C removes the Jaco tires from the Box!!! That's right, the box was opened and resealed by R/C America for the purpose of putting the tires in, but this seal was broken when it arrived at my LHS, and there were no tires in the box. The entire shipment he received was like this.

Love the car, frustrated at the inefficiency and dishonesty in the distribution. It makes it hard to support the local guy when he is forced to buy through this channel.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Gilles....
I find it hard to believe that RC Canada took the tires out of the box. I would look at your local hobby shop.
Our kits(4) at our local shops had the tires in them. Our boxes also had the seals opened so the the Canadian dist.could install the tires.
You can't blame RC Canada for the delay...Canadian customs is the problem!!!

Last edited by Twin-Kyle; 01-23-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

mine had the tires in it as well, and i am in vnaoucver, sop i think you LHS is up to no good...
Old 01-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilles
Is it just me or does anyone else in Canada see the Canadian Xray distribution as a joke? My kit came from Xray to the US Distributor, R/C America, and then to the Canadian Distributor, Canwest R/C, and then to my LHS.

So what this means is that my car gets a additional mark up on it from Canwest R/C, my T2 arrives in Toronto 2 weeks after they are in the stores in the US, and the benefit I get for this waste of time and money.... Canwest R/C removes the Jaco tires from the Box!!! That's right, the box was opened and resealed by R/C America for the purpose of putting the tires in, but this seal was broken when it arrived at my LHS, and there were no tires in the box. The entire shipment he received was like this.

Love the car, frustrated at the inefficiency and dishonesty in the distribution. It makes it hard to support the local guy when he is forced to buy through this channel.

Gilles,

The Canadian Xray distributor CanWestRC works hard to maintain competitive pricing for Xray in Canada and provide top level support to the shops. In the case of the T2, shops in Canada received their kits in similar timing to shops in the US (in some cases Canadian shops received kits ahead of their US counterparts).

If you have a specific concern, please feel free to contact CanwestRC at [email protected]

When you submit your question, please make sure to note the store where you purchased your kit so that Korgae and his staff can accurately work to discover what happened.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Gilles,

I have also sent you a PM about this, Can you please let me know the name of the hobby shop you bought the car from so we can look into it?

We started shipping T2's the same day we received them, when we received the kits alot of the paper RCA stickers on the box were broken.

As for pricing, we work very close with RCA and our dealer price to ensure CND shops have competive fair pricing. The price we sell to dealers is the same as what RCA sells to the USA shops ( + the exchange of course) What your hobby shop charges you, is up them.

As for the tires, We are the JACO Dist for Canada, the tires were all bought by CanWest R/C for the CND car kits. RCA bought the tires for the USA and we bought the tires for Canada.

We were also the 1st to annouce the pre ordered kits were coming with JACO tires. ( take a look back in this thread)

My contact info is on our site (www.canwestrc.net) but if you wish to post the shops name here so I can look into what happened, please go ahead.

Either way we stand behind our name, product lines and customer service. If your kit was missing tires, all I need is the name of the shop and the receipt and I will send you a set of tires direct.

Thanks

Korgae

Canwest R/C

Last edited by Korgae; 01-22-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

hey gilles there is no need for flaming
i have dealt with canwest rc through my local hobby shop
i have purchased 2 t2s yes 2 t2 they both had the jaco tires in theme and so does the other kits in the shop
i know korgae the owner of canwest rc he is a very helpful guy great person to race with and would not remove anything from the kits
he has worked his ass of trying to make every one happy and to get there t2s as soon as possible.
korgae will also go out of his way to help racers out and anser any qs

chris morrison
Old 01-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Canwest

I have known Korgae for about 10 years. He is a great guy and a racer to boot. If you have an issue why not ask rather than attack him? He works hard and represents himself and the companies he represents well.

Steve
Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

i agree, i have only met Korgae once, and that was at out last club race. He was extremely approachable, and definately seems like a stand up guy from my first impression.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michal101
Hey Cameron,

From what I have been told it will be near the end of January...probably another 10 days to 2 weeks.

Why, did you break something???

Mike
Right front arm.
My heart fell to my shoes.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I've personally bought my T2 from a LHS, which got it from Korgae. SO I can tell you that he didn't take out the Jaco tires. And I believe they are all open box so they can put the Jaco in there.

Check with the hobby shop that sold you the T2, they're the ones you should be questioning.

I got my T2 the next day the shipment arrived, so it was really fast.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mtc3od
Just got back from the track. First day out with it.....

Good news..

I went faster with this car than I ever did with any other xray
very durable
Team Tamale already has nice looking c hubs and steering knuckles. Kind of sad aftermarket parts are already out but spares are not.
Easier to work on
Easy to drive fast

Bad news..

The car tweaks like a mother....Im not kidding, It was so bad in my first race I had to pull the car because I couldn't adjust enough on the radio
That was the first qual
second it got tweaked and I drove it 5 laps, hit a flapper, and became tweaked again. Instead of adjusting on radio I manually turned the wheel everywhere I went to get it to run straight. That was until I hit the other side and it untweaked itself.
Third race I didn't hit anything and it showed. Same with the big show.
Screws started to come out...I know, use locktite
Using a setup station became twice as hard because of the nuts

Overall..

Dont get this one if you have an 05 fully decked out until they fix the tweak issue. You can be within a 10th of a sec. with a good 05 car. This is especially true with non EXPERT drivers. They will be able to get more out of this car than an 05 so rookies, keep what you got. Great car for the above average driver though.
I know with this deign it can tweak easily. But, from what your saying it really sound like your servo might be ruined.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cameron
Right front arm.
There is some front arms here in the UK try a shop called Microtech racing they had some last week.

Sam
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cameron
Right front arm.
Sorry I couldn't help you with a spare arm Saturday. You can thank Rob for depleting my spare inventory.

I have enough ribs to go round, but they won't work.

BTW,

Who dey?
WE DEM STILLERS!!!

Colts/Bengals fans can feel better knowing they lost to the soon to be SuperBowl champs.

...<cough>...ahem...back on topic...T2...
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i raced my T2 yesterday and all i can say is...wow...absolutely love it - super smooth and easy to setup - i also purchased some of team tamale front c-hubs and steering blocks - and i will just put it this way - i drive more confidently b/c i know i know i can take some hard wrecks without breaking my hubs or my arms - and yesterday i took some pretty bad wrecks - and i didn't break a thing.....

props to xray for a great car and larry for some stronger parts....
Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtc3od
The car tweaks like a mother....Im not kidding,
I really hope this is not true.

I have yet to drive mine. I am going to wait a few weeks untill I can get some spare parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.