Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
The year limit is just to keep up with what is racing in the real world and is a question.
Makes sense, sorry I didn't mean to come off as argumentative, was just curious. With such limited choices I personally don't think there should be a year limit, but I can understand why you would want one. Would be easier to establish that now than leaving it open and then trying to implement that limit later.
nik77356 and DirkW like this.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I have seen both of these on the track.
I am all for the type R.
The type A not so much. It first off isn't very good looking and second , it is a very loose representation of the old (very old) NSX This is my opinion.
Maybe we should put a year limit on the actual representative race car, like 10 years?
The type A works very well in GT10 (foam) and I would love to try it in the rubber class. It turns well, and has plenty of room for the bigger GTR tires. As far as looks, some magical paint work would fix that....
nik77356 likes this.
Old 01-12-2024, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
Makes sense, sorry I didn't mean to come off as argumentative, was just curious. With such limited choices I personally don't think there should be a year limit, but I can understand why you would want one. Would be easier to establish that now than leaving it open and then trying to implement that limit later.
I considered it a legitimate question. I think a goal is to make this a ligit scale class again. We don't need another USGT or TC class.
When racing at our tracks I talk to walk-ins every so often. Classes that they like seem to be the most realistic ones. That just conversation with them and no official poll.
MUDVAYNE, JCarr and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Guys: I have printed off the old list and am going to start heading down it.
I will remove a few deemed so far out of production, totally unrealistic or not fitting to the premise.
I would like any of you interested to do so too. Maybe we can cut it down in agreement. Then we can start adding and see where it goes.
I will pretty much be offline for the next couple of days so have some fun with it.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

I also believe it's probably not a good idea to limit years too much, just because of what real racing car manufacturers currently use (or stopped using). IMO, as long as it is close enough to a real racing car (present or past) of a fitting class - and even that will probably be a heated discussion based only on personal tastes or dislikes for certain bodies - it should be legal.
nik77356 likes this.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys: I have printed off the old list and am going to start heading down it.
I will remove a few deemed so far out of production, totally unrealistic or not fitting to the premise.
I would like any of you interested to do so too. Maybe we can cut it down in agreement. Then we can start adding and see where it goes.
I will pretty much be offline for the next couple of days so have some fun with it.
You're going to love this list. I built this when I first joined the class three years ago, but haven't updated it in a while. Body name, width, some weights and photos. Happy to help add bodies and photos if you would like to use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...GGQ/edit#gid=0
Old 01-12-2024, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Three main chassis up here. CRC, X-Ray and Roche. All of them competitive.
I have a few frankenstein cars. My fastest has been an old CEFX car with some Roche parts on it. I also have a Roche P10 Evo with my own chassis on it, but cannot get it to run quite as fast as the CEFX. Currently working on an Awesomatix hybrid version. I love this class.
Rogt24 likes this.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
I have a few frankenstein cars. My fastest has been an old CEFX car with some Roche parts on it. I also have a Roche P10 Evo with my own chassis on it, but cannot get it to run quite as fast as the CEFX. Currently working on an Awesomatix hybrid version. I love this class.
I’ve got to see a pic of the CEFX😎
Old 01-12-2024, 12:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Started discussing this with a few older racers about running 10 scale class, used to be the most popular one back in the day, would like to see it come back in the area.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rogt24
I'll post a few pics this weekend. It has evolved from the CFEX 1/12th scale rear blocks (couldn't get down to ride height) to having some Roche front and rear parts on it.

Started discussing this with a few older racers about running 10 scale class, used to be the most popular one back in the day, would like to see it come back in the area.
This class is perfect for us experienced guys from the past. Fast enough to be fun but not overkill so you can keep up with the cars. Very few parts break due to having big touring car foam bumpers on them. No chunked front tires like 1/12th foam. We've only broken two parts. My son started when he was ten so he hit a lot of stuff hard. In four seasons he has broken one upper front suspension arm. And we've both broken multiple rear axle bearings. I don't know why all cars still run the 1/4 flanged bearings from the past 1/12th and 1/10th pan cars. Those bearings sucked back then and they still suck now. One side tap on the outside board in the sweeper and it's done. There is room to redesign that to use a bigger, stronger bearing.

The class is great. Low cost tire budget, not much breaks, and they are a decent speed for us more mature racers to keep up with.
Rogt24 likes this.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think locally WGTR has come and gone in 6 months. Think we peaked at 9 drivers. But about 1/2 of us have dropped once the top 2 put the rest 3 lap down. Mines be rebuilt 3x by different people and we still can’t get it to steer right
Old 01-12-2024, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I think locally WGTR has come and gone in 6 months. Think we peaked at 9 drivers. But about 1/2 of us have dropped once the top 2 put the rest 3 lap down. Mines be rebuilt 3x by different people and we still can’t get it to steer right
Bill, you've seen me at the track. I do push things to try to make my stuff as fast as possible so there are people 2-3 laps off the pace. The only way to help that situation is to be willing to help and offer advice. Anyone can bring their car over to my table and ask for advice. I'll show them my car, talk with them about what has worked for me and offer suggestions. Good competition is always more fun. Bowling Green has had a nice mix between racers and a casual crowd.
nik77356, mrreet2001 and Rogt24 like this.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

My CEFX is a 10R5 conversion. Still set to original WGT specs, 13.5 and foams. Works well. Took 3rd at SW Indoor Champs a few years ago, same lap as leader, AE factory driver.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Considering a CRC. But was wondering how racers feel about the Xray X10 and there setups?
Old 01-12-2024, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Considering a CRC. But was wondering how racers feel about the Xray X10 and there setups?
I noticed you are looking for a CRC chassis to race in this class. I have a CRC chassis that I have raced. I rebuilt it to clean up any bad parts, bearings, body posts, etc. It is in the same form as the kit build. Asking $125.

Last edited by davidl; 01-13-2024 at 03:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.