World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-13-2024, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
You're going to love this list. I built this when I first joined the class three years ago, but haven't updated it in a while. Body name, width, some weights and photos. Happy to help add bodies and photos if you would like to use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...GGQ/edit#gid=0
That is cool. As a engineer I appreciate a good spread sheet. Lol
Probably need editing for WGTR but that is a great start.
Just getting a morning coffee before hitting the track.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I think locally WGTR has come and gone in 6 months. Think we peaked at 9 drivers. But about 1/2 of us have dropped once the top 2 put the rest 3 lap down. Mines be rebuilt 3x by different people and we still canít get it to steer right
Bill, My CRC is only a couple tenths off of the fastest F1 (same tires but not rims as you probably know). It takes the proper setup. In the case of my car it is really close to the kit instruction build except for long upper arms and the 1/12 scale cross brace cutout to accept those arms. That actually is to kill too much steering and smooth it out.
Old 01-14-2024, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Working on pairing down the body list to start before adding.
I have a question for all of you. Does Pitlane still make bodies? There are two on the list but I don't know if they are still in production or even available.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Working on pairing down the body list to start before adding.
I have a question for all of you. Does Pitlane still make bodies? There are two on the list but I don't know if they are still in production or even available.
Thanks
I only see two onroad bodies on their site and both sold out. https://rcpitlane.com/collections/body-shells
Old 01-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by davidl
I noticed you are looking for a CRC chassis to race in this class. I have a CRC chassis that I have raced. I rebuilt it to clean up any bad parts, bearings, body posts, etc. It is in the same form as the kit build. Asking $125.

David Lee is a fast, experienced racer. Buy with confidence.
davidl likes this.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

This is my take on the bodies that should be legal if you are going to stay true to today's GT Series racing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1850655839

All of those HPI and Tamiya bodies that are not available should be pulled from the list. HPI and Delta Plastics are also so heavy that no one is going to run them anyway.

Also, there doesn't seem to be an Aston Martin available in 1/10th scale.

And these three seem to be in the spirit of the class, but what real world car do they resemble? I guess if you are going to keep to GT Series classes, these do not make the list.

Old 01-15-2024, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

This is my take on the bodies that should be legal if you are going to stay true to today's GT Series racing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1850655839

All of those HPI and Tamiya bodies that are not available should be pulled from the list. HPI and Delta Plastics are also so heavy that no one is going to run them anyway.

Also, there doesn't seem to be an Aston Martin available in 1/10th scale.

And these three seem to be in the spirit of the class, but what real world car do they resemble? I guess if you are going to keep to GT Series classes, these do not make the list.

The Bittydesign Seven20 is literally the McLaren 720S GT3. While the Zooracing Zodiac is not a 720 at all, but a McLaren MP4-12C GT3.
Also the BMW M3 bodies are, just as their names imply, the older M3s, not the currently used M4 race cars. And I believe the PF Vittoria body is much older than the F296, so probably (if at all) represents an older Ferrari GT car (488 maybe?), but to me it doesn't look even close to a real Ferrari and should maybe not even make the list, if scale appearance is among the criteria.
Edit: The Bitty Venom is probably modeled after the Hennessey Venom F5 (some obscure road legal super car, not a GT race car at all).
TKW0024 likes this.

Last edited by DirkW; 01-15-2024 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Keep the seven20
Old 01-15-2024, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

I only see two onroad bodies on their site and both sold out. https://rcpitlane.com/collections/body-shells
That is what I saw and those two aren't the ones that Dumper had on the list.
I say gone.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bill, you've seen me at the track. I do push things to try to make my stuff as fast as possible so there are people 2-3 laps off the pace. The only way to help that situation is to be willing to help and offer advice. Anyone can bring their car over to my table and ask for advice. I'll show them my car, talk with them about what has worked for me and offer suggestions. Good competition is always more fun. Bowling Green has had a nice mix between racers and a casual crowd.
The fun factor is gone with on road for me. Not that it was ever hight. Itís been fading for most of the last 6 months. I had hoped WGTR was going to be a replacement for GT12. But instead itís been the hardest car Iíve ever tried to drive. Itís possible that I have a second Futaba 4pls going bad.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DirkW
The Bittydesign Seven20 is literally the McLaren 720S GT3. While the Zooracing Zodiac is not a 720 at all, but a McLaren MP4-12C GT3.
Also the BMW M3 bodies are, just as their names imply, the older M3s, not the currently used M4 race cars. And I believe the PF Vittoria body is much older than the F296, so probably (if at all) represents an older Ferrari GT car (488 maybe?), but to me it doesn't look even close to a real Ferrari and should maybe not even make the list, if scale appearance is among the criteria.
Edit: The Bitty Venom is probably modeled after the Hennessey Venom F5 (some obscure road legal super car, not a GT race car at all).
I like the list a lot. Lets work with it.
I agree that the 720 should be added as Mclaren does build that as a GT3 race car and the shell is close.
The Zoodiac stays as it is also close to the MP4-12C GT3 as stated.
We should also add the Mon-Tech RS-01. It is also a slightly older GT3 race car.
I am also in agreement with removing the Delt brand and HPI's that aren't available.

Old 01-15-2024, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TKW0024
Keep the seven20
I agree with adding it but it was never legal. Lol
TKW0024 likes this.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Would the new Bittydesign Ares-1 make this list?
Canuck likes this.
Old 01-15-2024, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TKW0024
Would the new Bittydesign Ares-1 make this list?
what race car is it modeled after? It needs support.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Guys, I like MC's list a lot. It really pairs down the body list and holds close to the GT style of racing that is intended.
When we have a reasonable consensus I can submit the list to CRC and see what they say. Remember this is mainly for big race rules, a guideline for local tracks to follow and hopefully use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.