Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 12-09-2023, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the Zoodiac does look close enough (for a Lexan racing body) like the original McLaren GT race car and I truly don't see what's sooo wrong with it

When we go on to Zoo's BWOAH however, the story is different...
Old 12-10-2023, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DirkW
I think the Zoodiac does look close enough (for a Lexan racing body) like the original McLaren GT race car and I truly don't see what's sooo wrong with it

When we go on to Zoo's BWOAH however, the story is different...
I guess sorta if you squint a little. Dumper thought so too. I did harras him a little over it though. I thought it was just to stretched out. Just an opinion. I actually use one every so often.
Old 12-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Gonna give WGTR another shot. Layout change seems to work a little better
nik77356 likes this.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Better than it’s been. But had to roll through corners.

https://youtu.be/trqcDq07eGQ?si=d5oJG82ntyXxYey_
Old 12-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Pretty sure that's normal.

I have to brake into tight corners. It's nice to have a class that isnt full throttle for the whole lap.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bwoah = Aston Martin Valkyrie… actually looks like the real car a lot..
Old 12-11-2023, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Pretty sure that's normal.

I have to brake into tight corners. It's nice to have a class that isnt full throttle for the whole lap.
I donít know. Canít get a feel for there. By size the look like a TC, but drive like one. They look like a 1/12. But donít drive like one.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LordSchnert
Bwoah = Aston Martin ValkyrieÖ actually looks like the real car a lot..
Oh that is what it is? Seems I'm not familiar enough with unicorn-type 2-3 million pound price tag hypercars. But yes, it does look like the real one, once you figure it out. Never seen a GT race car like this, though (I know our GT class here allows hypercars, so not against the rules at all - not sure about USGT or WGT-R rules ) but I personally prefer race cars. But it seems the Valkyrie is going to be raced (e.g. Le Mans 2025 and others), so maybe gonna give the body a chance after all (although I don't really like the look).
Old 12-12-2023, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

I'm getting a Bwoah for usgt. But there's no way it'll be legal in wgtr.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I'm getting a Bwoah for usgt. But there's no way it'll be legal in wgtr.
When Dumper was running the rules he stated to me that he didn't want the Bwoah in. Almost a quote, cleaned up for family reading. Lol
Zerodefect likes this.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

I want to start a discussion on the class. I am a big proponent of the class and have raced it before it was rubber tire (WGT). WGTR has had good years and not so good.
What do we need to do to fix it?
Understand that it will stay on the CRC tire.
The motor rule is track pick but most places are 17.5 ROAR and blinky ESC with a 1 cell. I think that stays too.
So that brings us to the issue of the body.
I personally have a strong like for scale racing. To me the class should be made up of full size cars currently running in GT3, GT4 or GTD and as close in appearance to them as possible. We have gotten away from that a little and I have used those questionable bodies my self.
We do need a new body list and I will be helping CRC do that.
Help me out please and be constructive.
You can PM me or comment here but again keep it constructive.
Thanks and the door is now open.
nik77356 likes this.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree that the body list could use some updating. If restricting to just full scale GT classes, we need to also consider if anyone makes anything good in 190-200mm bodies and in a thickness/weight that will still keep the class fun. Anything that is over 100 grams currently is not competitive and suffer horribly from traction rolling. That makes the class far less fun. If Protoform would have been willing to make a lighter weight Ford GT, that body would be run more. It's just too tippy at 110 grams. Any body still on the list that cannot get to under 100 grams simply will not be run by anyone.
Canuck likes this.
Old 01-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I'd like to add some of the Exotek bodies to the list.....
Old 01-11-2024, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wish they would run that class down here again. We tried several times after it died. Even went back to foam tires (WGT). But with the indoor guys you should be able to get the class going again. Chassis wise- Who besides CRC makes the chassis? And update body list? you need a few guys to show up at a track- and run together and talk up the class. Ask the promotors to help establishing the class and give out plenty of info and plently of time and devotion.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
I agree that the body list could use some updating. If restricting to just full scale GT classes, we need to also consider if anyone makes anything good in 190-200mm bodies and in a thickness/weight that will still keep the class fun. Anything that is over 100 grams currently is not competitive and suffer horribly from traction rolling. That makes the class far less fun. If Protoform would have been willing to make a lighter weight Ford GT, that body would be run more. It's just too tippy at 110 grams. Any body still on the list that cannot get to under 100 grams simply will not be run by anyone.
I know that is true for any competitive racer in the class.
Now to add to what I see as what should be requirements. If we start as clean sheet with a new list.
Body must resemble the Trans-Am, GT3, GT4 or GTD versions. Other series will be based on suggestions and evaluation.
Those cars are factory built and have a significant number produced.
Examples:
GT4: Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Audi R8 GT4, BMW M4 GT4, Chevrolet Camaro GT4. R, Ford Mustang GT4, McLaren 570S GT4, Mercedes-AMG GT GT4, Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport and Toyota Supra GT4.
GT3/GTD: Acura NSX Evo, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M4, Ferrari 296, Lamborghini HuracŠn EVO2, Lexus RC F, McLaren 720S Evo, Mercedes-AMG and Porsche 911 (992)
That list is straight from IMSA.
Now simply, a lot of those cars are not produced for R/C racing exactly and that is too bad.
If we want to do this right any body on the list or asked to be should have basis in those cars. Not Super car, Hyper car or Prototype (LMP of any flavor).
More thoughts?

JCarr likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.