Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-15-2024, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great input. Old_Dude, I can keep updating the list, if you want help or I can grant you access to the sheet and share it with you.

I could not find a real world GT Series car to match the Bitty Design Ares-1 and the Protoform Venturi GT. Does anyone know what the real world car it is meant to mimic?

There also do not seem to be an Aston Martin GT body or a BMW M4 GT body anywhere in RC 1/10 scale. I guess SuperRad will have to make them.

Updated list below based on everyone's input. Any additional input?

Old 01-15-2024, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a question: The PF Vittoria resembles a slammed 296 GT3. Is it too radical of a slam to be allowed? My opinion is yes and that is why I question it.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I actually would love to see this class run the new Mon-Tech LMPH bodies. This might help give the class a boost since right now it looks to similar to USGT using the same bodies. Maybe even go to a 13.5 motor instead of the 17.5 to increase the speeds a little.

Just my opinion

https://mon-techracing.net/category/gt-lmh
hanulec and angrymelon like this.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Alfa Romeo 4C GR3 technically never raced in a GT Series (I don't think it did) but it is in the Gran Turismo game and MonTech makes a version of it that fits the class.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by old_dude
what race car is it modeled after? It needs support.
I will look into it and share
Old 01-15-2024, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Another one.
While cruising the Mon-Tech website I noticed the X-Pro. That body looks a lot like the Lexus GTD/GT3 race car.
Thoughts?
Old 01-15-2024, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Alfa Romeo 4C GR3 technically never raced in a GT Series (I don't think it did) but it is in the Gran Turismo game and MonTech makes a version of it that fits the class.

I was going to add that one.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by f1larry
I actually would love to see this class run the new Mon-Tech LMPH bodies. This might help give the class a boost since right now it looks to similar to USGT using the same bodies. Maybe even go to a 13.5 motor instead of the 17.5 to increase the speeds a little.

Just my opinion

https://mon-techracing.net/category/gt-lmh
That would be a completely different class that should probably run on foam tires. I don't think we are trying to completely reinvent the class... just update the body list a bit.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not against the list per se, or the bodies he listed (mostly) but it has too many false connections to the listed real race cars. That is why I said not to be too strict about the year the cars were raced. Most bodies are years older than the current real life GT cars - but that should not disqualify these bodies - they should also not be forced into being something they are not.

The PF-10 is also not a 720 (looks more like an MP4-12C to me as well), a ZR-1 is not a C7R, the Tamiya - 51705 is also just the street version, not the race car, an M3 GT2 is not an M4 GT3 (or GT4) etc. and there's probably many more instances where the bodies are different cars than the originals listed. Again, that does not mean the body should not be legal (as they may model other, older GT cars perfectly), but please drop these false equivalencies from the list - it make my skin itch .

Edit; just saw there's a new, corrected list.
BullFrog likes this.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Messages Bd to see if they can give me more info on what real world GT it is supposed to be
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TKW0024
Messages Bd to see if they can give me more info on what real world GT it is supposed to be
I am a racer in the class from the WGT days. Our body list was really interesting back then. It even required that the car be based on a front engine RWD platform.
This class is controlled by CRC as they are the only tire and wheel that you are allowed to use and they created the class. Dumper was the writer of the rule set and has set out on his own. So CRC owner Frank Calandra has taken it over. He asked me, since I am a long time racer in the class, to help with the body list since it needed updating.
Who is Bd that you are asking about? As far as outside of R/C there isn't a World GT class. There are the classes that we are trying to follow and the body makers attempt to emulate. Those bodies are what we are trying to sort out.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Great input. Old_Dude, I can keep updating the list, if you want help or I can grant you access to the sheet and share it with you.

I could not find a real world GT Series car to match the Bitty Design Ares-1 and the Protoform Venturi GT. Does anyone know what the real world car it is meant to mimic?

There also do not seem to be an Aston Martin GT body or a BMW M4 GT body anywhere in RC 1/10 scale. I guess SuperRad will have to make them.

Updated list below based on everyone's input. Any additional input?

The Vittoria body is many years older than the F 296 - so a 488 maybe - or 458 or even a 430 GT3. The Venom body is no Ferrari at all, but a Hennessey Venom F5 super car IMHO.
The Senna and Artura are two entirely different cars from McLaren.
Also the Mon-tech Trofeo is not a Huracan but a Gallardo GT3
-----
Also a general comment, either you make it a rule that cars need to have a real GT3 / GT4 version to be considered or not - but make it even for all cars. If the Alfa Romeo 4C GR3 was never homologated or raced as GT car, you cannot allow it, if you insist on that rule. If the rule is not strict, than you should not use it against other cars either. Anything else is totally random.

Last edited by DirkW; 01-15-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

wow - happy to see life back to this thread!!
Old 01-15-2024, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by old_dude
I am a racer in the class from the WGT days. Our body list was really interesting back then. It even required that the car be based on a front engine RWD platform.
This class is controlled by CRC as they are the only tire and wheel that you are allowed to use and they created the class. Dumper was the writer of the rule set and has set out on his own. So CRC owner Frank Calandra has taken it over. He asked me, since I am a long time racer in the class, to help with the body list since it needed updating.
Who is Bd that you are asking about? As far as outside of R/C there isn't a World GT class. There are the classes that we are trying to follow and the body makers attempt to emulate. Those bodies are what we are trying to sort out.
"BD" Bittydesign. We are currently emailing back and forth. I explained what is trying to be done and asked for more information on what car the Ares-1 is modeled after. I was told i needed backing to get it considered for the list.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

The gentleman who I'm emailing with is Davide Rabitti- Vp,sales,pr manager of Bittydesign

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.