Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CA
This is wrong info i'm afraid, cutting the shock shaft will not affect the rebound.

The shock shaft is not too long its just that some drivers prefer to have the piston slightly lower in the shock body.

It doesn't make a huge difference.
Thank you for informing me, I was led to believe that it did touch the diaphragm giving a rebound of the rubber returning to its shape and pushing the shaft back out...
What does running shorter shafts give u? I appreciate it's only a mm or so difference between cut and uncut but when it's only a small volume shock body a mm x 3mm in volume would change the pressure inside a shock body a fair bit I have no experience of shortening my shock length as feel I can improve other things first before I will feel a difference in shock length.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

keeping on the topic of shocks

ive got a load of shock piston "discs" of varying holes from 1 2 3 and 4..I use 40wt oil front and rear, what effect will the different holes have
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by PurcyP
keeping on the topic of shocks

ive got a load of shock piston "discs" of varying holes from 1 2 3 and 4..I use 40wt oil front and rear, what effect will the different holes have
Generally, they will affect the shaft speed ( faster, less pack = bigger.. more holes) or ( slower, more pack = smaller .. fewer holes) Oils can be used similarly. This is a very simplified explanation..

read here: http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

Section 2.2 under 'Suspension' for a full explanation.. Hope it helps! ..
Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Look nice, too bad I already got mine. Wonder what you don't satisfied with it ?
Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jampot
Thank you for informing me, I was led to believe that it did touch the diaphragm giving a rebound of the rubber returning to its shape and pushing the shaft back out...
What does running shorter shafts give u? I appreciate it's only a mm or so difference between cut and uncut but when it's only a small volume shock body a mm x 3mm in volume would change the pressure inside a shock body a fair bit I have no experience of shortening my shock length as feel I can improve other things first before I will feel a difference in shock length.
They cut only 2mm, it won't change any pressure or anything like that. I'm almost certain you wont feel any benefit on the track. Its just a matter of having the piston a little further down in the body.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

does anybody run rw spur gears? any good?
Old 09-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Shock shaft

Is it 2 or 3mm to cut the shaft?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by poochy
does anybody run rw spur gears? any good?
Yes.. they are quite good.. made from delrin.. very durable, perfectly round and abit more quiet than the stock ones.

News on the the the new steering blocks and king pins..Here's an excerpt from Mark's email to us today..

"... the new parts are U4256 Front hub carriers and also U4270 the King Pin and Spacer. They are the same price as before and have replaced the existing parts. People will know they have the new parts as on the description on the header card it says V2. If it doesn’t say this, then it is the original version...."

We will be getting these in stock very soon.. drop us a line if you're needing them. . they'll be on site in a day or so..
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Look nice, too bad I already got mine. Wonder what you don't satisfied with it ?
Actually the car is great just a case of too many cars and not enough time
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

INPUT PLEASE. Can anyone share how realiable the MI5 is? I had a Xray T3 and T4 and found them very durable. Just curious with the carbon arms etc. thanks.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noworries
INPUT PLEASE. Can anyone share how realiable the MI5 is? I had a Xray T3 and T4 and found them very durable. Just curious with the carbon arms etc. thanks.
i have been running the car for a month or more and i have been hit several times and haven't broken nothing on the car and i done all the suggested mods it's been very durable so far to me
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Yes.. they are quite good.. made from delrin.. very durable, perfectly round and abit more quiet than the stock ones.

News on the the the new steering blocks and king pins..Here's an excerpt from Mark's email to us today..

"... the new parts are U4256 Front hub carriers and also U4270 the King Pin and Spacer. They are the same price as before and have replaced the existing parts. People will know they have the new parts as on the description on the header card it says V2. If it doesn’t say this, then it is the original version...."

We will be getting these in stock very soon.. drop us a line if you're needing them. . they'll be on site in a day or so..
if you could send me a pm once you got them instock and I'll place a order
Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by noworries
Running it outdoors on asphalt all summer with some tough track barriers. I've broken the aluminum screws anchoring the front arms a few times, 2 of the old style knuckles, and ..... that's it.

This car is tough, and I can be really hard on cars.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Is it 2 or 3mm to cut the shaft?
Anyone?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Anyone?
According to Martin Hofer's build blog (for the ultimate in performance), it's 3mm approx. See here: http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/2013/06/...ortance-of-5p/

Lots of good tips there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.