Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
its a carbon braces only on the rear arms and they go from the top of the wishbone ball studs linking the front ballstuds together and rear ballstuds together (guessing use a longer screw so it pops out the top then u can use a nut to hold the brace on )
are they a special order item, or is it something we need to make ??? it seems like they would have to clear the belt, and diff....

Get us a SPY shot!!!!!! lol
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry no pics I saw this at the btcc And brca nationals
Alloy screws would save ur chassis yes but I have cut the wishbone and just going to see if its strong

these are the arms i did

What difference did you notice doing this?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chiefj48
are they a special order item, or is it something we need to make ??? it seems like they would have to clear the belt, and diff....

Yes the do have to clear as if its straight it hit the diff at the front and it has to go around the bulkheads at the bk

I can't take a pic as there is no more nationals this year at my track sorry
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle
What difference did you notice doing this?
Nothing yet as only just done i was just showing how I cut the arms like some of the team drivers did
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Nothing yet as only just done i was just showing how I cut the arms like some of the team drivers did
, keep us up to date on how it goes for you.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by chiefj48

Here's your spy shot, we're working to get some of these in stock, as well as the shock mounts... Stay tuned

The second pic, view from the top shows the front of the rear arms linked together with a carbon brace..
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-martinrear.jpg   Schumacher Mi5-martintopoffdown.jpg  

Last edited by DiscountRCStore; 08-28-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Here's your spy shot, we're working to get some of these in stock, as well as the shock mounts... Stay tuned

The second pic, view from the top shows the front of the rear arms linked together with a carbon brace..
thats what i was talking about but only running the front brace cool

also is that the short shocks and lower still shock tower that martin hoffer uses ?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Hey Phil
You know I need a set for my car, right????
Lol
Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

thats what i was talking about but only running the front brace cool

also is that the short shocks and lower still shock tower that martin hoffer uses ?
One of my guys has been in communication with Martin. .. it seems, at least for now, that the shorties will not be an 'official' option for the 5... however if there's significant interest , we may/ could look into having the towers produced locally..

@ chief... no problem. . When they're in our hands, I'll be letting you know..

..p
Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, had my first outdoor evening racing the mi5 tonight, loved it, came 3rd overall

Edit: found out the motor issue, ive sheared my sensor wire in half haha was running sensorless

but in terms of spur, i am using a 48 pitch 70t with a 28t pinion, i dont feel its fast enough, with full timing advance on the motor, its barely getting warm, any ideas, would rather stick to 48p as the smaller style spur keeps any stones from ripping it up to a minimum.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

One of my guys has been in communication with Martin. .. it seems, at least for now, that the shorties will not be an 'official' option for the 5... however if there's significant interest , we may/ could look into having the towers produced locally..

..p
Phil, sent you a pm,

Rich
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

..p
Thanks Bud......
Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Using a plastic horn saves ur expensive servo
So u get all the advantage of not running a servo saver but still stops ur servo braking the internal gears , u can get a alloy one but if u make something stronger something else will brake
Certainly that's a given. I'm just into taking a hit and have the horn strip and skip a few teeth, throwing the steering way off to one side during a race.

.....was just asking the question if there were other options out there being used. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ASM
Certainly that's a given. I'm just into taking a hit and have the horn strip and skip a few teeth, throwing the steering way off to one side during a race.

.....was just asking the question if there were other options out there being used. Thanks.
Use the servo saver but they don't always go bk to dead centre plus cause the steering to be lazy to react
I have had a servo horn or two go on me and didn't find anything that give the dirct feel and cost less if it brakes
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Shocks

Hofer's setup has the shock length at 10mm not 12mm like the kit suggests. Is this achieved by cutting the shafts our by limiting with o rings or spacers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.