Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Pro Module installed, despite the Pro Mod set saying you need to push the shock tower towards the back of the car, I found on the TA05, I had to remove some spacers for the shocks and keep the tower where it was.

Will update on handling soon!

do the graqphite shock towers and aluminum rear hubs come with the ta05r kit ?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Pro Module installed, despite the Pro Mod set saying you need to push the shock tower towards the back of the car, I found on the TA05, I had to remove some spacers for the shocks and keep the tower where it was.

Will update on handling soon!
hey where did u get the 415 pins to attach the hub to the arm
and the bearings for the hub
thats all i need to get mine installed
please pm me answer cuz i dont come by here often (topic)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
do the graqphite shock towers and aluminum rear hubs come with the ta05r kit ?
TA05-R comes with moulded carbon composite towers and standard plastic LW suspension hubs.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

ta05 is hard to set!....so the chassis is tweaked...some say make the droops equal some say compensate for it. i lift up the front of the tub and the arms lift up unequally...can someone email me setup sheets or anything?
i basically need it for outdoor gt2 and carpet gt2
MAYBE outdoor/indoor mod
Old 04-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Whichever way you look at it, the TA05MS is a simple product for Tamiya to introduce. Most of the parts already exist - the only new components I can see are the top and bottom chassis. It is an easy product to introduce and will entice racers who want something outside of the 415 range but can't wait until the 416 - myself included!

As for the tub chassis tweaking, I'm not familiar with the TA05 but are the tubs tweaked out of the box or get tweaked after some racing time? If they are tweaked out of the box then it is cureable during the cooling stage. This type of shrinkage defect can usually be cured by leaving the part in the mould for longer as it is cooling. However this increases the cycle time and ultimately the price of the parts. For a big manufacturer like Tamiya (remember they mass produce static plastic kits as well as R/C kits), there has to be a compelling reason before they can justify increasing cycle times and costs as it affects many other parts of their business.

Having said that if the tubs are tweaking after use, you may find it is because of the heat generated from the motor and batteries which will soften the plastic ever so slightly. As the plastic tub heats up, it also becomes easier to twist and tweak. During a typical race the chassis undergoes lots of twisting before the car eventually cools down after a race. How much the chassis warps depends on how tweaked your car is when the plastic started to cool again.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you get a tweaked tub out of the box, it is covered under Tamiya's warranty. I had a brand new carbon composite tub that was tweaked out of the bag and walked into Tamiya USA. They took a look, went to the back and got me one that wasn't.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, on my little boys TA05, his front belt keeps flipping over. Any idea why?

thanks, john
Old 04-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarKing
If you get a tweaked tub out of the box, it is covered under Tamiya's warranty. I had a brand new carbon composite tub that was tweaked out of the bag and walked into Tamiya USA. They took a look, went to the back and got me one that wasn't.
Yeah but 99% of the TA05 owners are not close to Tamiya USA
Old 04-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grindog001
Hi all, on my little boys TA05, his front belt keeps flipping over. Any idea why?

thanks, john
I would say either...

- Too slack belt tension

- Debris on the pulleys

- Bad belt - either worn or possibly not true out of the factory, try and lay it flat on its side on a flat surface.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Grindog001

thanks, john
The usual cause for this is if you have the eccentrics on the diff sides in different notches. So check to make sure that both of the notches on each side of the diff are in the same spots.

After that, make sure that your belt tension is set according to the manual.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default It's time....

*FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!*

Well how do I say this- I've been thinking about this for quite awhile and kind of fighting against coming to this inevitable conclusion but.....

For anyone looking for a kickass TA05 w/ all available hop-ups excluding the alum. motor brace, TONS of spares , more hop-ups, NIP Tamiya bodies w/extra wing sets, NIP tyres/wheels/inserts, just a CRAPLOAD of stuff- look me up & make an reasonable offer. I want to get rid of everything all at once but I'll be open to part items out...well maybe

I'm sticking with 1/12-scale though & a high-end sedan & maybe a heli

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Good LAWD! thats a lot of stuff!

I've been fighting against a similar conclusion. But I'm going to try to hold on to both so that next winter season, I'll have two cars to run.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:42 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Yeah but 99% of the TA05 owners are not close to Tamiya USA
Thats true but I have also heard of many LHS doing the same thing if you bought it from them. Tamiya USA has also told me there are ways to get a new tub through contacting customers service. I am sure it is a mailing method that is slower, but everyone here knows Tamiya's customer service is tops.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
*FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!*

Well how do I say this- I've been thinking about this for quite awhile and kind of fighting against coming to this inevitable conclusion but.....

For anyone looking for a kickass TA05 w/ all available hop-ups excluding the alum. motor brace, TONS of spares , more hop-ups, NIP Tamiya bodies w/extra wing sets, NIP tyres/wheels/inserts, just a CRAPLOAD of stuff- look me up & make an reasonable offer. I want to get rid of everything all at once but I'll be open to part items out...well maybe

I'm sticking with 1/12-scale though & a high-end sedan & maybe a heli
YGPM. i got dibs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.