Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I haven't had a problem with electronics space and I run a standard size servo and a GTB speedo (which is huge)

On the anti-roll bar mounts...mine are a little loose, but I have always used lock collars like airplane guys use on their landing gear and use them to secure the bar...works awesome!

I agree the steering has a little play, but I had shims on my first 05 and just put new ones on my 05R, but without them it doesn't seem to affect the car.

I totally agree on the screws...they should have included steel hex screws.
I had to dremel-out about 2mm from the chassis sides to get my standard Futaba PCM receiver and Novak Cyclone TC to fit flush into the chassis. Anyone with TCS experience know if they would consider this "chassis lightening" for the GT2 class?

I agree that the steering rack is sloppy. I was thinking about getting the CF link because the bearings might tighten it up a bit. Anyone have this part? Does it help?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I would think as long as it doesn't enhance the cars performance they probably won't care.

The carbon link desn't do anything for the slop...the slop is in between the front brace and the bearings in the steering. The posts that the bearings slide on to are about .5mm longer than needed and you just need to shim that out.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigb11
is there a release date, picture anything????????????
It will be showcase in the Shizuoka (spelling?) Hobby show in Japan.

I was planning to get a TA05R and now I should wait!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf_racer
It will be showcase in the Shizuoka (spelling?) Hobby show in Japan

When is that?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
When is that?
its usually in May.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm surprised that the issue of electronics space pops up now and then.

I managed to fit...

-My KO 2173 in with only removing the needed ear. I didn't have to remove anything on the other ear or file the chassis. And if you use the kimbrough med servo saver(without predrilled holes) then you wont have to do anything with the servo saver or chassis at all.

-My Novak Xxtra is HUGE. Easily one of the biggest FM receivers on the market. It fit flush into the chassis with room to spare behind the servo, and room to spare side to side. I can't imagine how big a receiver would have to be not to fit.

-As for speed control space, I always figured that if the GTB and LRP Spere could fit in there with no problems, that just about anything could. I knew the Tekin G10/11 wouldn't, but a Keyence...wow.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
is there a release date, picture anything????????????
No matter how many times I look at this pic....the car looks SHORT, wheels are way BIG, and looks like a 1/12th TC for me....or isn't it? (I know that is the 25th year 911 special TA05...and HOPE that is the MS version cause that is what I don't need....)
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If the 05R uses the same chassis as the original 05, my BIG electronics fit just fine w/ the exception of trimming an ear off of my JR9000S servo; my Keyence fit just fine too

Old 04-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
No matter how many times I look at this pic....the car looks SHORT, wheels are way BIG, and looks like a 1/12th TC for me....or isn't it? (I know that is the 25th year 911 special TA05...and HOPE that is the MS version cause that is what I don't need....)

That Special Edition inparticular is 'short'.. To fit the proprtion of the Special Edition Body..

My guess is that the TA05MS will be similar to this... but not 'short'..
Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Here's some update for the TA05MS, it is translated from Japanese.

TA05 and TRF415 it sets motor helicopter loading site to center almost, adopting the upper 2mm thick, [rowa] 2.5mm thick carbon double deck. Looking back characteristic and the good quality of the throttle response of TRF415 where TA05 is superior it was compatible at high dimension. Furthermore the front and back wide pitch pulley, equipping front one way and the aluminum motor mount etc of cantilever center shaft specification, this chassis kit was finished in the TA05 series strongest machine. Residence player complete supervision before ●TRF - As for center pulley direct type - As for damper stay also front and back 3mm thick carbon make - Front and back common high accuracy aluminum make bulkhead - Equipping the aluminum make steering wheel arm
Old 04-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TA05 and TRF415 it sets motor helicopter loading site to center almost, adopting the upper 2mm thick, [rowa] 2.5mm thick carbon double deck. Looking back characteristic and the good quality of the throttle response of TRF415 where TA05 is superior it was compatible at high dimension. Furthermore the front and back wide pitch pulley, equipping front one way and the aluminum motor mount etc of cantilever center shaft specification, this chassis kit was finished in the TA05 series strongest machine. Residence player complete supervision before ●TRF - As for center pulley direct type - As for damper stay also front and back 3mm thick carbon make - Front and back common high accuracy aluminum make bulkhead - Equipping the aluminum make steering wheel arm
So the same as TA05R except: carbon twin deck chassis and shock towers, aluminum bulkheads and motor mount and a front one way.

That'll cost as much as a 415msxx!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

boy you sure do know how to tease the TA05 fans on this thread!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki
boy you sure do know how to tease the TA05 fans on this thread!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
So the same as TA05R except: carbon twin deck chassis and shock towers, aluminum bulkheads and motor mount and a front one way.

That'll cost as much as a 415msxx!!!
I bet you many parts are new.

Steering (most likely the EVO5 type), Motor Mount (Porsche 934 Type), Damper Stay, etc.....

I hope the upper deck is lower than the Porsche 934 as that one is quite high (higher than TRF415MSX)
Old 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Uh...What?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.