Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
wow jaybee.. that photo makes YOU look like a rookie when it comes to spares.
REAL FUNNY
Old 04-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The TA-05R made its debute on Sunday at the races. Good driver, but never even came close to my Tamiys 415MRE. It was pretty fast and everyone was checking it out. They checked it out so much that I picked up a TA-05 OPEN INTERFACE TOM'S SC430 kit. I just had to have a TA-05 for some reason. But I am only racing my Marc Reindhardt Edition.

She hooks up bigtime running my one way in her. Made TQ for the 1st to Heats and 2nd in the "A" main.

Can't wait to put together the TA-05 with the XENON conversion or the KAWADA conversion. Have not made up my mind yet.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

wooow...TA05 with inboard front suspension...F201-style? This is cool

Yeah, I was looking at the pic of the real BTEC Maziora 350R...the front end is quite low, even lower than the NSX-GT's. It's a JGTC car (not sure which class), and it makes for a really cool body...can't wait to see the pics!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Well I gave the car it's first run last night. Not the most competitive club locally but the TA05R was excellent, TQ'd comfortably.

We run on "slippy floors" (in sports halls etc) with Schumacher minipin tyres locally, grip is not so great which is why I always run a 2-diff car.

Apart from setting the droop and camber properly, all I did to the car was remove the anti-roll bars and stand the shock up to the outer holes on the tower and it was very close to being hooked up, a little time with springs and damper oil and I know I will be very happy with the car indeed.

Now all I need to do is strip it down to rebuild with some hex screws before those Phillips ones wear out!

Originally Posted by sosidge
- Electronics space tighter than I expected - had to remove the Euro connectors from my Keyence to get it in behind the motor.
I should clarify, I only needed to take the Euro connectors off the end of the speedo, with direct wiring the speedo is a perfect fit, it's just that with a flat bottom chassis I know I would have got all the electronics in a lot easier.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
It also depends what you're running against...
This is pretty much how this discussion ALWAYS ends.

If someone doesn't drop a $$$grand$$$ on their TA05(s), and still does well with it, then their local competition must suck...or they're not competing against high end cars...

Yeah, thats it. It has nothing to do with set up and driving...just low grade competition.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your comments, but from here, it sounds just like what TA05 runners have been hearing since people discovered how fast and competitive the car is.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nexus
C'mon enough already....everything is relative and to each his own. Beside check this out!! Pic from my buddy.....we're ready to build!!!!!

anthonyISLA
Schumacher USA
--

Schumacher Pitspace
Visit Pitspace for Schumacher Racing info and Mi3 FAQs.

What i find funny about this post is all the Schumacher references in the signature block. Mighty happy you have seen the light (and a bright blue light it is too).
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P956LH
wooow...TA05 with inboard front suspension...F201-style? This is cool

Yeah, I was looking at the pic of the real BTEC Maziora 350R...the front end is quite low, even lower than the NSX-GT's. It's a JGTC car (not sure which class), and it makes for a really cool body...can't wait to see the pics!
It is in the GT300 class.

Do you know what the 350R is based from?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I ran my box stock TA05 on carpet with foams in 19T (completely out of its element) for 4 months of club racing against JRXs, T2s, RDXs. While I have no doubt I would be faster with a MSX, the TA05 was not uncompetitive.

The TA05 was amazingly dialed right out of the box. But no matter what adjustments I made, I could not significantly improve my lap times (probably due to the cars weight). Since I'm not a front runner, I wasnt looking for sheer speed anyhow.

What I really enjoyed was the incredible durability. The only thing I ever broke in 4 months was one of the plastic diff cups. For me, never having a DNF because I clipped a pipe or got caught up in someone elses mess was more important than setting the fastest lap.

Spending hundreds of dollars upgrading the car seems like a waste to me. If you're a front runner, you would still be better off with something else, and if you are a lapper, the he hop ups won't result in much improvement.

I'm looking at the TA05r and I think I would rather have the lighter graphite chasis than the slightly more fragile reversable suspension.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Picture:

Old 04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

nice..Fax..
Impressive though, the little we can make out looks quite serious and seems different chassis cutouts from the Porsche edition..
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waOscar
What i find funny about this post is all the Schumacher references in the signature block. Mighty happy you have seen the light (and a bright blue light it is too).

Ah...I run Schumacher for most of my "main" racing. The TA05 is just a car that I always thought was cool and cheap. Heck anyone who has known me will tell you I'm a car whore and have owned 2 415s and 2 MSXs almost at the same time :P

Jaybee...how much we talking before I rip the box open
Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darkseid
This is pretty much how this discussion ALWAYS ends.

If someone doesn't drop a $$$grand$$$ on their TA05(s), and still does well with it, then their local competition must suck...or they're not competing against high end cars...

Yeah, thats it. It has nothing to do with set up and driving...just low grade competition.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your comments, but from here, it sounds just like what TA05 runners have been hearing since people discovered how fast and competitive the car is.
Exactly...but everybody thinks they need carbon fiber and aluminum to win. Next time Core races his M03M mini with the stock rubber guys and TQ's and wins the A-Main WITH A SILVERCAN MOTOR...I'll have to get a video to show everyone that it's about the driver. Fancy cars are great...if you feel you need the look.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Exactly...but everybody thinks they need carbon fiber and aluminum to win. Next time Core races his M03M mini with the stock rubber guys and TQ's and wins the A-Main WITH A SILVERCAN MOTOR...I'll have to get a video to show everyone that it's about the driver. Fancy cars are great...if you feel you need the look.
Although if he is spending a $$$grand$$$ on his TA05 I would imagine he is spending a bunch on his M03M which would include aftermarket gearsets and expensive bearings.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have told many guys if they buy the TA05 get swaybars and front universals. If they already run Tamiyas they probably have the threaded shocks. Although if they can get a TA05R for $250 or less it would be a better option to go. Depends on the budget and level they are at.

Some guys like to race just a little, are happy to have a car that drives well, even if they are in the lower mains. So a ton of money wrapped up in a car is not always needed. . .
Old 04-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf_racer
Picture:

NICE! Now I won't have to cannibalize my Porsche RSR kit and can keep it NIB for a few more years.

I think I see the 415 air scoop cutouts too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.