RC Crew Chief Software >

RC Crew Chief Software

Like Tree9Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man View Post
I feel silly asking but.... what am I looking at in the pic? I have an Xray T4. Is it the front/rear arm inserts? (toe etc.)

For example - My FF insert is 1 up/out. My FR insert is 0.5 out. My RF insert is center. My RR insert is 1 in.

just take your car to the track and tune your car there the software will never duplicate track conditions
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:58 PM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man View Post
I feel silly asking but.... what am I looking at in the pic? I have an Xray T4. Is it the front/rear arm inserts? (toe etc.)

For example - My FF insert is 1 up/out. My FR insert is 0.5 out. My RF insert is center. My RR insert is 1 in.

You are looking at all of the potential suspension settings on your T4. If you use the zoom feature, you will see in better detail each of the individual adjustment points. With these you can adjust camber, camber gain, and roll center.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The points represent the different position for the hinge pin inserts. If you double click the image you can zoom in to see more detail. You can also add more points using the chassis manager.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW View Post
The points represent the different position for the hinge pin inserts. If you double click the image you can zoom in to see more detail. You can also add more points using the chassis manager.
Which inserts though - see red circles? The Xray has a FF block, a FR block, a RF block and a RR block. I'm trying to put my car into the software and I'm not sure what to use for that section?

Old 12-27-2018, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

The default points represent all the positions for the front and rear blocks assuming the pin is located in the same location front and rear. If you are using different blocks for the front/rear then you need to add new position to represent the midpoint of the hinge pin using the chassis manager. The image below shows how the points have been named in the model. There are youtube videos on the website that show how to enter new points for a model.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Bob
Have been taking a look at modelling an FF car into RC3. The motor overhangs the front. Does the application take this in to account? I'm finding the output from the app a bit confusing and not matching real world.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Hi Bob
Have been taking a look at modelling an FF car into RC3. The motor overhangs the front. Does the application take this in to account? I'm finding the output from the app a bit confusing and not matching real world.
Changes to motor mounting position are handled through the CG position so first thing is to make sure this is entered correctly. Motor torque reaction is not handled by RC3.

That said if you consider the motor torque as a constant between setups then as you make setup changes the "relative" effect should be valid.
WagwanBumba likes this.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Hi Bob
Make sure to set your centre of gravity location correctly. Quickest way to do this is using 4 scales (one on each corner). There's a dialog box for calculating this - it all affects the results in the weight transfer sim.

See here:
WagwanBumba likes this.