Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Will the pit shimizu 0575 rear tires fit the fgx or hpi f10 wheels? I can run the 0571 up front with the tamiya f104 front end so I just need to find rears.

if this works does it sound like the soft/soft slick combo should work on 80-90 track temps? High traction carpet.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

yeah I run a carbon piece that Troy made for us that puts the ackerman back to the posistion of the stock steering blocks... with a bit of work you can also use some of the carbon pieces that CRC makes for the pan cars but the bolt center is not dead on.

think if some one was to make a hex adapter we could use the tamiya rear foam tires and be able to run the 0575's. since the 0575 have that outer sidewall overlap they do not mount up on a FGX/HPI or Ride wheels that I have seen.

think a hex adapter may be the solution but the offset of the tamiya rear foamrim may still be an issue with track width.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
yeah I run a carbon piece that Troy made for us that puts the ackerman back to the posistion of the stock steering blocks... with a bit of work you can also use some of the carbon pieces that CRC makes for the pan cars but the bolt center is not dead on.

think if some one was to make a hex adapter we could use the tamiya rear foam tires and be able to run the 0575's. since the 0575 have that outer sidewall overlap they do not mount up on a FGX/HPI or Ride wheels that I have seen.

think a hex adapter may be the solution but the offset of the tamiya rear foamrim may still be an issue with track width.
Hex will not work the offsets are not even close, need a custom wheel made. i could have some made pretty easily if maybe a group buy is setup.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MAD916

Ok thanks. Just wondering because the grooved shimizu tires are listed for 104 fgx and f10. The 0575 are listed as 104 only. Wonder what the difference is?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Right now the HPI mediusm are working VERY well on asphalt as well as the RIDE med rears (fronts suck, i still cant figure out what the deal with RIDE fronts are....)
HPI medium fronts? or HPI mediums all around?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
HPI medium fronts? or HPI mediums all around?

all the way around is a great balance, now keep in mind that on the low grip tracks i use brakes setup very light to get the car to turn, drag brake works well too. the softs work ok but the car exit pushes after the first few minutes. If the med fronts dont have enough grip use the sway bar.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Any one make rust free Bearings and metal parts for the FGX ? so we can run in the rain ?
get some VTA treated type tires and bolt them on and have some wet Races like the real guys do.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iPearl
Any one make rust free Bearings and metal parts for the FGX ? so we can run in the rain ?
get some VTA treated type tires and bolt them on and have some wet Races like the real guys do.
My ceramic bearing kits arrive tomorrow and will be ready to sell by the weekend. i tried the VTA tires already and they are horrible!! the slicks worked much better, doesnt make sense but you can actually drive pretty aggressively with the slicks in the wet! The only thing that really got rusty were the outdrives so you would have to take them apart and clean them up which you would have to do anyway with any bearings.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hummm u not getting it O.o Wet condition racing aka its raining and you can still race !!! xD
Like my buddies do back in germany !!! who cares if it rains lets race !!!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iPearl
Hummm u not getting it O.o Wet condition racing aka its raining and you can still race !!! xD
Like my buddies do back in germany !!! who cares if it rains lets race !!!
i know exactly what you are saying and i am telling you that the VTA tires do not work, i have a set you can try for yourself. if you watch the F1 race vids they just use normal slicks, TC does the same thing!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Fellas, I'm not a FGX driver but I do have plenty of experience with VTA. IPearl obviously meant "treaded" tires but Mantis is probably right about the VTA tires. The tread design is clearly not meant to shed water like a F1 wet weather tire. Also, the VTA tires are a pretty hard compound for long life. In the wet this hardness would probably be at it's worst so grip would likely decrease a lot. I imagine a good set of RIDE treaded tires would work much better or the F201 tires.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey Fellas, I'm not a FGX driver but I do have plenty of experience with VTA. IPearl obviously meant "treaded" tires but Mantis is probably right about the VTA tires. The tread design is clearly not meant to shed water like a F1 wet weather tire. Also, the VTA tires are a pretty hard compound for long life. In the wet this hardness would probably be at it's worst so grip would likely decrease a lot. I imagine a good set of RIDE treaded tires would work much better or the F201 tires.
Yeah thats what i meant any type of treated tires to shed the water and have some water fun =) in drizzly weather !!! Drove F1 for first time today it was a blast LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was messing around online and found the original pan car front suspension online which is more or less what many F1 rc cars have. First seen in the late 19th century!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_pillar_suspension
Old 05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Are there any different bodies for us to place on these comfortably ?
2010 2011 Bodies ? 2012 look like Ungly Ducks.
I kind of like the bodies from Tamiya F60 but it doesn't quite fit nicely O.o without loosing the rear end.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-fgx-artr.html

my mckune roller is still for sale. lets make a deal!

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.