Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by iPearl
Exotek Front arms for the F104 Kit.
Mounted to the FGX stock chassis.

Looks great! did you have to modify anything?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Notice exotek piece has no turn buckle thats the modification needed.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Hang tight, I think Exotek may have something coming
Yes, the FGX version arms will be a little beefier because the FGX is heavier and the proper geometry for FGX.

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
the independent front suspension optional parts will come on May, you probably want to wait for that first.
And yes, exotek will probably come up with something new for that as well.
Yes, I will work to make it adaptable on the Exotek chassis with minimal changes.

Exotek Front arms for the F104 Kit.
Mounted to the FGX stock chassis.
That looks familiar
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR
Yes, the FGX version arms will be a little beefier because the FGX is heavier and the proper geometry for FGX.

Yes, I will work to make it adaptable on the Exotek chassis with minimal changes.

That looks familiar
Awww can the changes be purchased for minimal charge ?
or its complete different kit ?
Kind of like the new look lol
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Awww can the changes be purchased for minimal charge ?
Ir its complete different kit ?
Yes, the 2 delrin parts will be different. no problemo.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR
Yes, the 2 delrin parts will be different. no problemo.
Contact my supplier for the parts or email you directly ? I wants that delrin piece. lol though i kind of like the effect this one has ROFL.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

More work on my IFS!
I didnt like the turnbuckle thing at all, always tweaking out and just felt sloppy in general. having to twist the rod ends to get it to act right is never a good thing! so i made up some arms without turnbuckles so it would be stronger and not tweak upon impact. It is so much smoother now. Still working on the rear geometry and am getting close, so far so good!

Old 05-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx

since the tracks temps are getting hotter the HPI mediums have been the best combo lately, if you go with soft fronts its probably not going to be very consistent I would add weight to the front, toe out and the lightest rear sway bar to get some heat into the fronts .

Shimitzus are in the closet til winter, they are horrible in the heat!
What kind of track temps are you racing on? My shimizu tires are coming off clean on carpet but the rear feels like it has too much grip. Track temps have been around 75 -80 degrees. I'm just wondering if the hpi mediums you have been using might work on carpet too. I tried them during the winter where the track temps were 60-65 and they felt a little loose and they had a rough push. Maybe they will work better in the 75 degree range.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luosi
Looks great! did you have to modify anything?
And here is the Exotek arms mounted on the Exotek chassis

Oh did I mention we are in the FGX/EFX biz now?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
What kind of track temps are you racing on? My shimizu tires are coming off clean on carpet but the rear feels like it has too much grip. Track temps have been around 75 -80 degrees. I'm just wondering if the hpi mediums you have been using might work on carpet too. I tried them during the winter where the track temps were 60-65 and they felt a little loose and they had a rough push. Maybe they will work better in the 75 degree range.
Outdoor asphalt temps are in the 90-110 range right now but in the summer around 140!!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Outdoor asphalt temps are in the 90-110 range right now but in the summer around 140!!
Wow. Might explain why my pits are still doing ok on indoor carpet. They just feel a little too grippy. Maybe the mediums would be a hair too hard for 80 degrees.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Wow. Might explain why my pits are still doing ok on indoor carpet. They just feel a little too grippy. Maybe the mediums would be a hair too hard for 80 degrees.
right now with the track temps rising the pits within a lap start to squeal for their life! the front mediums are use able depending on your setup. its the grooves that are the issue. Why dont we get pit slicks? desperately need to find a way to fit the 0571's on the FGX.....
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

right now with the track temps rising the pits within a lap start to squeal for their life! the front mediums are use able depending on your setup. its the grooves that are the issue. Why dont we get pit slicks? desperately need to find a way to fit the 0571's on the FGX.....
I don't know if its the grooves. Mine are run down so much they don't have any groove left and they squeal like crazy on every corner. It may just be a really soft compound. Or maybe mine are so thin now that they are acting super soft. Interesting. I may try the hpi tires anyway. I used a set when it was cooler and they were ok in the cold but really needed more. I liked them on the warmer days but the pit tires were just hooked up. I think I still have the hpi tires somewhere. Pit slicks would definitely be a welcome addition.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

I've been running the 0571's on the front of my FGX since before the carpet Nat's they have been the ticket on carpet and finaly got the car out on the asphalt last weekend... need to keep changing the car away from the carpet setup since I had no rear grip yet but the car still had a lot of carpet left in the setup...

just need to run the Tamiya front steering blocks and the tamiya foam front rims, plus you get the benefit of the 5x10 bearing and get to dump those little 5x8's... much less slop in the front wheel and the car changes direction so much quicker with the lack of slop and overall less sidewall of the 0571.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

I don't know if its the grooves. Mine are run down so much they don't have any groove left and they squeal like crazy on every corner. It may just be a really soft compound. Or maybe mine are so thin now that they are acting super soft. Interesting. I may try the hpi tires anyway. I used a set when it was cooler and they were ok in the cold but really needed more. I liked them on the warmer days but the pit tires were just hooked up. I think I still have the hpi tires somewhere. Pit slicks would definitely be a welcome addition.
Right now the HPI mediusm are working VERY well on asphalt as well as the RIDE med rears (fronts suck, i still cant figure out what the deal with RIDE fronts are....)

Originally Posted by MAD916
I've been running the 0571's on the front of my FGX since before the carpet Nat's they have been the ticket on carpet and finaly got the car out on the asphalt last weekend... need to keep changing the car away from the carpet setup since I had no rear grip yet but the car still had a lot of carpet left in the setup...

just need to run the Tamiya front steering blocks and the tamiya foam front rims, plus you get the benefit of the 5x10 bearing and get to dump those little 5x8's... much less slop in the front wheel and the car changes direction so much quicker with the lack of slop and overall less sidewall of the 0571.
what about the ackerman and offset? I am looking at it right now and the FGX knuckles are way longer, i am assuming some sort of extension needs to be made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.