Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by greencactus3
wait. aluminum dust is bad? uhoh..
Its kinda messed up how there isn't more information about this stuff in the industry.

Maybe a few less "how to make a bulb discharger" articles, and a few more "how to stay healthy while enjoying our hobby articles".

At least a few more people know now just by reading this stuff here.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gearhead3
Here is Matt Francis's production car.

Hey, that my pic...I'M PUBLISHED!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

hey has anybody had promblems with the front shocks, my front shocks are hitting the shock towers and the spring is hitting the diff i dont think i am doing any thing wrong but that is waht the instructions said to do.. how can i solve this ???

thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

can you post a pic
Old 05-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by losixxxs
hey has anybody had promblems with the front shocks, my front shocks are hitting the shock towers and the spring is hitting the diff i dont think i am doing any thing wrong but that is waht the instructions said to do.. how can i solve this ???

thanks
Trav,

You need to shim the shocks out from the tower and the arms...I'll be at the track Tues. I can help you out then...

KE
Old 05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Hey, that my pic...I'M PUBLISHED!!!!
ROFLMAO.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

thanks kev i will be there

travis
Old 05-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spent sometime getting my xxx-s servo saver to fit into the Jrxs. Servo is an Airtronics 94758. I was able to get lock to lock steering with a little filing on the top of the servo saver. Pinion installed is a 31 tooth, motor is a Hacker C40 brushless.
So it is possible unless you need a really big pinion gear - and even then with a little rework to the servo mounts you could get most servo's to sit 1mm closer to the front bulkheads.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-jrxs-servo.jpg  
Old 05-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TheSteve
Spent sometime getting my xxx-s servo saver to fit into the Jrxs. Servo is an Airtronics 94758. I was able to get lock to lock steering with a little filing on the top of the servo saver. Pinion installed is a 31 tooth, motor is a Hacker C40 brushless.
So it is possible unless you need a really big pinion gear - and even then with a little rework to the servo mounts you could get most servo's to sit 1mm closer to the front bulkheads.
NICE work!

Cool deal Travis we'll be there!

KE
Old 05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Kev,

How did TWoH go? Good layout? JRXS run well?

Ray
Old 05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by TheSteve
Not sure how you achieved lock-to-lock with such a short servo saver arm. Are your steering links connected at the #2 (closer in) ackerman position on the front spindles?
Old 05-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
Not sure how you achieved lock-to-lock with such a short servo saver arm. Are your steering links connected at the #2 (closer in) ackerman position on the front spindles?
That would be the only way i would think.....That saver does look very short.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My latest outing with the car proved to be the fastest yet. With just 30lb front springs and the parts included with the kit, there is plenty of off-power steering but not quite enough chassis stability. The swaybars are a must!

So who shows up to race a JRXS at my local track .... none other than Joel Johnson! His setup is weird, but it has more off-power steering than mine and is totally tossable in traffic. I'll make a setup sheet from my notes and post asap.

Finally broke the car .... horrorific crash, left the track, collided with a concrete wall about 3 feet off the ground, hit the point on the corner of the slab! Of all things to break, a ball cup. Not the ball stud, just one ball cup. Silly! Also railed a car on the straightaway, text book T-bone, broke a Takeoff CS-27 rim and misaligned one turnbuckle. No other damage. The FK-05 that got the bone lost the motor, bent all to hell! Friend of mine too, I felt bad.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-joel_jrxssetup.jpg  
Old 05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey Kev,

How did TWoH go? Good layout? JRXS run well?

Ray
Layout is perfect! Car was good but got better for the main, short wheel base was all I needed to make it "dialed". Got tangled up and popped a front shock end off go figure!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

KE-sweet!! I'll hit ya up tomorrow to talk some set-up. I get to practice Tuesday night-I am gonna try and bum a rear sway bar off of Chicky or Bean so I can try that.

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.