Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
No problem....gotta rep my sponsor. My Br00d 19 turn was pretty awesome. I had fast lap for a little while yesterday. It took Jason B. a while to go 13.9 after we were both doing 14.0 It's back to mod for next weekend though. Where are you racing at next weekend? I'm staying close to home because I have some family matters to attend Sat evening.
Clint,

We just barely got in our race at Ripon last night...Was sprinkling a bit after we got there. Dan checked the Dopler weather on the Internet and found that a minor "cell" was passing through. Got started by 7:00 PM and finished about 11:00.

Special announcement...Because of Mother's Day next Sunday. Ripon will be racing on Saturday night for the next two weeks. I'm thrilled; but, that doesn't meet your schedule.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default LVD'S

Gearhead-

Thanks for even noticing a actual ? on the thread, something other than "how are you connecting you batteries?" But it is a hitch in the LVD with not even being in the car. So, it cannot be the castor block. It is almost like there is something in the LVD but I have taken it apart cleaned it checked for burs in the pieces and nothing. So, just curious if anybody else has taken notice of a problem like this in there car.

Red Rocket
Old 05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

well testing day 2 sucked! i got the car out got use to it then got a few laps in snaged the board...broke a front arm...hobby shop didnt have them in...put JB weild and CA glue worked well...put it down on the track went a few laps taped the same board and broke it. and when i say taped i mean literly taped not going fast at all.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, my buddy broke a rear arm, rear hub, and bent the rear hinge pin on a really light hit on the boards. That graphite composite material makes for very consistent suspension, but not for great crash resistence.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Im going to sit on CAD and work with some people and see if we can come up with a new bumper brace design to fix that.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Todd Hodge: I took a look at the Tips you had on the Losi site, I notice that you guys had a warning about wearing eye protection while performing some of the tasks. Might be a good idea to add a little warning about wearing some kind of lung protection (mask, etc...) while working on things like preping the chassis and grinding the belt access slots in the chassis.

Just for those amoung us who don't already know how seriously deadly graphite dust is...
Old 05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Darkseid
Just for those amoung us who don't already know how seriously deadly graphite dust is...
deadly? oh poop i thought it was just bad for the lungs. Or put some thing about wet sanding thats what i was told to do with my 12th scale.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: LVD'S

Originally posted by RedRocketRacing
Gearhead-

Thanks for even noticing a actual ? on the thread, something other than "how are you connecting you batteries?" But it is a hitch in the LVD with not even being in the car. So, it cannot be the castor block. It is almost like there is something in the LVD but I have taken it apart cleaned it checked for burs in the pieces and nothing. So, just curious if anybody else has taken notice of a problem like this in there car.

Red Rocket
Graphite Dust is just as bad as aluminum dust. It sticks to your lungs, and goes nowhere.

No prob red.....Mabe a bent pin or something.......I guess i can't help you further, becuase I have not experanced that problem yet.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

wait. aluminum dust is bad? uhoh..
Old 05-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by greencactus3
wait. aluminum dust is bad? uhoh..
Old 05-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Servo horn motor clearance

For those of you that your motor hits your servo arm. There are sapcers included in the kit to adjust the spacing of the servo for added clearance.

E
Old 05-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Quick question. How do you guys solder your battery wires without melting the belt? Can you post some pics of your soldering or tell me how to do this. I dont have a great steady hand . I dont feel lilke switching to Corally plugs either. Can you give me any suggestions ect. on what to do and tips.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Check the Losi site, they have a way shown there.

I broke off one end of the bar, then used plyers and bent it out about 1/8" to have a place to attach the esc wires also angle the bars at about a 45* angle towards the center of the pack.

E
Old 05-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Is there any pics of any of the latest pros cars?? I knew kinwald always had a killer xxx-s, i have not seen his new car yet though
Old 05-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Here is Matt Francis's production car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.