Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tim_Gaukroger
My JRX-S arrived today. First one in Australia as far as I'm aware.

Started putting it together tonight, goes together far better than the old XXX-S G+ did. Am very pleased so far with the only problem being not lining up the holes to slot the small shaft through for the spur gear.

Some superb features, belt / diff height adjustment really caught my eye straight away.

Doesn't look asif I'll be braking my outdrives in a big hurry either, beefy as!!!

Just wondering though, who's broken what at this stage? Are the front arm's a weak point? The rest of the car looks very strong and am wondering if this is going to potentially be a minor downfall.

Tim
"Am very pleased so far with the only problem being not lining up the holes to slot the small shaft through for the spur gear." Can you please elaborate? There should be no problem with the fit.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there was no problem other than the way i assembled the gear first time. The pin you have the spur press onto wasn't alighted with that of the gear, so i couldn't put the pin in at all.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

there was no problem other than the way i assembled the gear first time. The pin you have the spur press onto wasn't alighted with that of the gear, so i couldn't put the pin in at all.
Tim-on occasion I hear you can break the long outdrive-so it might be wise to order a spare. I have about 20 packs through mine now on a fast indoor carpet track with dbl stacked 2x4 boards. I broke a front arm last practice-but that was it. I dorked it good at a good angle so I hit right on the wheel while it was turned.

All the usual stuff to order-extra steering knuckles, arms, pivot block set, caster blocks.....
Old 05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by T. Hodge
It should be ready by the end of May.
Thanks Todd,

The Losi web site updates are awesome!

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Just wondering though, who's broken what at this stage? Are the front arm's a weak point? The rest of the car looks very strong and am wondering if this is going to potentially be a minor downfall.
The Thing I Broke Easy was the front Bumper and the Front Pivot Block.. Thats to only weak spot I see with the car...

Im woundering if Losi is going to be making the Red Anodized Pivot blocks and support like they had for the XXX-s
Old 05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Does the kit come with composite pivot supports at different angles? or are they only available with the alum pivots?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Chandler
The Thing I Broke Easy was the front Bumper and the Front Pivot Block.. Thats to only weak spot I see with the car...

Im woundering if Losi is going to be making the Red Anodized Pivot blocks and support like they had for the XXX-s
The red parts you are referring to came from Trinity and were marketed under the Matt Francis Line. Not to sure what they plan to do with this car but we can only hope they come out with the Blue Hodgimoto Line.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by brians11
Does the kit come with composite pivot supports at different angles? or are they only available with the alum pivots?
Yes, O degree, 1 degree, and 2 degree.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by brians11
Composite 0,1,2º included in the box.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tony Vega
....but we can only hope they come out with the Blue Hodgimoto Line.
Thats what I'm talkin' bout'. Bring on the blue!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I made the same mistake. Take note that the front drive pulley is not driven by the shaft, but rather it is driven by the spur gear. There are small indentations on the pulley which need to be lined up with the hole in the shaft. Once the indentations and hole line up with one another, the pin can drop right in AND the spur gear will fit over both with relative ease.

Hope that helps! I've taken my car apart a dozen or so times by now and have noticed that Losi has made many parts in such a manner that incorrect assembly is impossible. After building many vague kits in the past, Losi's approach is refreshing!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sounds to me like you just used the instructions this time
Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes you have to trim about 1/8" off of each ball cup.
Thanks Todd.

Yes bring on the Blue!

Later,
Old 05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes you have to trim about 1/8" off of each ball cup.
What have you guys found to be the best method for cutting/shortening ball cups? I've tried several dremel bits, they all melt the plastic or really make a mess of the end. I've tried side cutters, but those wind up just nasty looking. I've even tried to straight cut it with a hobby knife, but even that didn't turn out so well....

ideas? methods on doing this?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just use a dremel and a cutting wheel. Keep it on low and go real slow and smooth. No problems at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.