Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by losixxxs
still need help out with this

i am using dean battery bars and i got them angled with corally conectors on there and they are hitting the top of the chassis how can i solve this?????

and has anybody had issuse witht he front shocks hittint the diff

thanks
later
Old 05-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have not ran my car yet, but you it appears you will have to vary the spacing behind the shocks depending on your wheelbase.

As for the battery situation, I havent put one in my car yet, gotta get some plugs.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
TLRacing

Originally posted by cartmen34
Well, I finally caved. After months of loving the Pro 4 I'm going to try something new. I picked up a JRX-S at the LHS today...

One question though... what is everybody's opinion of the included body? Compared to other popular bodies? Good for carpet? asphalt? both? I've been running the Protoform Mazda6 and Nemesis bodies....

[Edit]:
Nevermind.. I see POOKYT already answered the question just a few posts ago.... duh! sorry!
[/Edit]
I think you will find that the Skoda 2 has more steering than the Mazda 6.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by CRASH
Yeah I followed the manual as well and had nothing but problems. Switched to the JR servo arm and problem solved.

Later,
Man, I don't see how you got that thing on! I tried and tried but couldn't get anything other than the 25 anywhere near to going on.

I'm using a servo saver now, so its not an issue, but before that, my 25 slipped and I couldn't get the others to fit.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A couple of questions...

1. Will a normal 48 pitch spur fit on the car? I've only seen 64 pitch on the websites.

2. Is the spur different to ordinary spurs?

I'm keen to get one of these after my xxx-s, not happy with the pro 4 at the moment. Go the Losi power!

Cheers
Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

PRS has a gear adapter that lets you run aftermarket spurs. As it is now you have to use Losi spurs and I believe they are only making 64pitch at this time.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
When trying to run the rear camber link as short as possible A hole in the rear hub carrier and the #6 hole in the shock tower do you have to shorten the ball cups to get this to work?

Just checking before I cut the ball cups shorter.

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Crash,

"I'm not speeding........I'm qualifying!"

I have a t-shirt that says exactly that.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When trying to run the rear camber link as short as possible A hole in the rear hub carrier and the #6 hole in the shock tower do you have to shorten the ball cups to get this to work?

Thanks,
i ran into the same issue.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone heard when the new battery tray to fit the 3700 cells is going to be available?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:34 AM
TLRacing

Originally posted by Shev
A couple of questions...

1. Will a normal 48 pitch spur fit on the car? I've only seen 64 pitch on the websites.

2. Is the spur different to ordinary spurs?

I'm keen to get one of these after my xxx-s, not happy with the pro 4 at the moment. Go the Losi power!

Cheers
1. The car takes its own spur gears. However PRS is making a spur gear adapter to accept universal spurs like PRS and Kimbrough.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:36 AM
TLRacing

Thanks,
Yes you have to trim about 1/8" off of each ball cup.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:37 AM
TLRacing

Originally posted by mudpuppy
Has anyone heard when the new battery tray to fit the 3700 cells is going to be available?
It should be ready by the end of May.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My JRX-S arrived today. First one in Australia as far as I'm aware.

Started putting it together tonight, goes together far better than the old XXX-S G+ did. Am very pleased so far with the only problem being not lining up the holes to slot the small shaft through for the spur gear.

Some superb features, belt / diff height adjustment really caught my eye straight away.

Doesn't look asif I'll be braking my outdrives in a big hurry either, beefy as!!!

Just wondering though, who's broken what at this stage? Are the front arm's a weak point? The rest of the car looks very strong and am wondering if this is going to potentially be a minor downfall.

Tim
Old 05-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

A page or so back I posted about uneven rear toe-in on my JRXS...

Todd suggested that I check that the inner hinge pin mounts were straight, as far as I can tell they are.

rayhuang suggested holding the arm tightly as I tighten the screws for the hinge pin mounts, I tried this, but saw no change.

I reverted to an old trick I used with the XXX-S, where I reamed the outer hinge pin hole in the hub at an angle so that the setscrew when tightened will hold the hub at the correct angle.

Now my rear toe looks even...

I guess what I'm asking now is what is the best method to get even rear toe... Should I ream the hubs or just use different hubs on each side? I have no issue with either method, I just want to know what the "right" way is to get even rear toe.

I'd even be willing at this point to fedex the car to Losi, maybe I'm just doing something wrong and someone there can let me know... the fact that no one else has mentioned this makes me think that it almost has to be something I'm doing...

Please don't take this as a complaint about the car... I'm very happy with the build so far and I'm really looking forward to its first time out... hopefully this weekend.

Thanks in advance... David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.