Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Schumacher also has an electric car that they wont even admit is in existance (well at least that's how it was when I last checked in the Shuie thread) but you can find pics of it cruising around the intenet here and there.

"It should be released" is not an actual release date, and the reason they propably dont have an acutal release date is so they can make the changes needed and not have to worry about doing it in a restricted timeline.

Im not taking any credit away from the people that get the most pics for us, but still, Todd even took pics of the new top deck made out of G10, just so we could see what it looked like before it was even made for prototype use out of CF.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

I'd guess they still have too many problems with the car (One-Way Outdrives, CVD- (LVD-) Shafts, handling of the car itself). So they have to fix them before bringing the kits out. If they wouldn't, it would be like the first series of the Asso TC4. Everyone had problems. Losi has to bring out a car, that isn't slower as Xray or Tamiya right out of the box. So they have plenty of preasure.

There's only one thing to do. Waiting patiently.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You think Losi told everybody about this car while they were still selling XXX G+ kits. Of course not!

But we're beyond that...'it doesn't exist, keep buying our current car'...point that nearly every company has. We're talking about posting the car on your site, getting it in the catalogs of hobbyshops so they can place pre-orders....then...blackout. Nothing...dead silence...as far as updated info, website updates, and new pics...

Thats what I'm talking about.

To my knowledge, no one has said they weren't trying, no one has said they were sitting back laughing at us.

What has been said is that they could/should be more open and accurate about info.

I mean come on, until that ad in Car Action, we didn't even know about the cool new shock design,. Thats not website update worthy?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I still haven't seen the RC Car Action ad! Which issuse is it in?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Martin Hofer
There's only one thing to do. Waiting patiently.
Thats a little easier to do if you have some idea when your "waiting patiently" to. For example...I had nothing to say about release dates or anything before the original "mid-late Jan." (non) release. So its not like I can't wait for something...its just nice to know "when" your waiting till.

Believe it or not, I'm a very patient person. You HAVE to be when you have 3 kids all under 7 years old.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by imprsme
I still haven't seen the RC Car Action ad! Which issuse is it in?
In the newest issue which is the....<walking over to coffee table>....the May 2005 issue.

Its on page...20-21...

Great ad. Showed many things about the car that you wouldn't know unless you had seen one in person.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

That is why....I haven't gotten the May issuse yet!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Notice the car in the add didn't have the standoffs?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by DJG24
Notice the car in the add didn't have the standoffs?
Well I think the companies have to have their ads into the mag companies at least a month+ before the actual printing time.

So at that point, Losi probably weren't sure if the standoff upper deck would be what they were going with.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like I stated before..don't read too much into a company denything the existence of a car...

it was over a year ago that rumours of a new losi prototype with a dual deck CF chassis were posted from viewing the R&D crew doign some testing...

the person who paosted that was raked over the coals by people....until it was confirmed...and here we are over a year later still waiting on the new car...

Blind devotion is perfectly acceptable in this hobby. I trust in Xray...you trust in Losi...

Both cars whould absolutely rock....

Mine is due here any minute now...damn Purolator guy lol...
Old 03-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
the person who paosted that was raked over the coals by people....until it was confirmed...and here we are over a year later still waiting on the new car...
Isn't amazing how the people who first post reports like that ALWAYS seem to get kicked around by people who don't know what their talking about. I remember the FK05 thread, where devoted XRay fans constantly insulted and berated people who said "I have seen the car, it exist".

Then when they come to find out the kit does exist...those people suddenly go silent!LOL

Blind devotion is perfectly acceptable in this hobby. I trust in Xray...you trust in Losi...
I guess this hobby is different than the gaming industry. We call the blindly devoted in that hobby..."fanboys". And no body wants to be fanboy!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

If it wasn't for the internet, 95% of us would not have know about this car. Unless you live in Calif. and just happen to see Kinwald or someone at the track doing some testing.

Actually didn't Assoc. build a fence around their back lot test track when they did the TC3?

Darkseide... 3 under 7. That explains A LOT
Old 03-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by EricF
Darkseide... 3 under 7. That explains A LOT
HEY!!!

I admit, no, I'm not immune to the slight insanity that comes with that...

...but its patient insanity!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

UHHH.....I think I'm going insane waiting on my patients. LOL

Are we there yet?

Brant
Old 03-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by POOKYT
UHHH.....I think I'm going insane waiting on my patients. LOL

Are we there yet?

Brant
Are you a doctor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.