Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Fellas!!!! Has anybody done any testing on carpet or asphalt with the rear uprights or stand-offs removed????? Just wondering what a little more rear chassis flex would do????? Lets hear it??? Bill--I bet you have tried it or know somebody who did!

Brant
Old 06-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pooky - SoCal and 4Fun running for me is no standoffs. Asphalt needs a little more flex to generate more traction.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RPage
Pooky - SoCal and 4Fun running for me is no standoffs. Asphalt needs a little more flex to generate more traction.
Is it more traction overall, or is it felt like more traction in the rear? Thanks for the reply.

Hurry up gents I got a race in 10 hrs!!!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 06-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Is it more traction overall, or is it felt like more traction in the rear? Thanks for the reply.

Hurry up gents I got a race in 10 hrs!!!!! LMAO

Brant
Definitely more traction over all with no stand off's front or rear. No limited up travel = more chassis roll = more traction.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Buck and RP!!! I gonna give it a shot today and see waz-wazt!!

Brant
Old 06-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Well, my car was awesome using Josh Numans set up(or the version posted on the TL site anyhow). My car picked up alot of steering, but wasn't loose to get it, which is the way it should be! Corner speed was WAY up from the base set up with some tweaks I had been running. Even though I missed the A by .4 seconds, I have to take responsibility for the two bobbles early that cost me just over 4 seconds(TQ was about 5 seconds ahead of my final time), plus the time I wasted being nice to a driver with an overheated motor towards the end for almost 3 laps..........

It's nice to know my car is capable if I use it to it's potential!....next race is at Superior Hobbies(Corally home court). I'll run mod rather then expert 19T, HP won't be an issue with an Orion 7 turn, LOL!...............Jim
I just ran that setup Yesterday and BOY my car was out to lunch!!! It was an asphalt track with sweeping corners and 1 180. The rear of the car was SOOOOOOO Loose when getting through the middle of the corner and exit. I must have spun the car out like 6 time's!!! I tryed every thing here is a copy of my last setup. Take a look and see what I was doing wrong.
P.S. My racing buddy Was running a TC4 but he had all the traction in the world! In the main his car was squealing aroung the corners. I did win the main but it was a handful to drive!

Ok Well it won't let me up load the PDF file so If you would like to hep let me know and I will e-mail it to you.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
On chicky's setup he says he has a -1 rear pivot. How is this obtained? He still shows 1.5 toe-in.

Thaks,
Special sets of -0.5 degree aluminum rear inner pivot blocks were machined for Team Losi drivers just before the Reedy. Using these inner pivot blocks, a -1 degree rear block and 0 degree rear hubs yield the 1-1/2 degree rear end. Only team drivers have them...so far...

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 06-26-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Special sets of -.5 aluminum rear inner pivot blocks were machined for Team Losi drivers just before the Reedy. Using these inner pivot blocks, a -1 degree rear block and 0 degree rear hubs yield the 1-1/2 degree rear end. Only team drivers have them...so far...
Thanks,
Old 06-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Special sets of -.5 aluminum rear inner pivot blocks were machined for Team Losi drivers just before the Reedy. Using these inner pivot blocks, a -1 degree rear block and 0 degree rear hubs yield the 1-1/2 degree rear end. Only team drivers have them...so far...
You better get ready for the Revo race cause the announcing will be 100 times funnier than last night. I will try my best to make sure that I have my act together so that I can call more heats. Car/motors come first then the announcing. Betwenn Ruben, Kathy, and myself we should have all of the basses covered.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 5 body mounts

5 body mount ? what do you do with the 5th one ?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by papadocks
5 body mount ? what do you do with the 5th one ?
Cut it short and clip on a body mount to it. Also, use a foam pad on the body mount. looks trick.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

RC Old Man, my e mail is [email protected], i'll take a look if you would like.

The race I ran the Numan set up on, was held on a fairly large asphalt track, with medium to high traction, sweeping turns and 2 chicanes, as well as a few keyhole turns and 180's. A fast lap in 19T was high 18's, my best was 18.7, a few guys hit 18.6's, but not many.

If your track needs less steering i'd try removing one front roll center shim, so you only have .050 added, then if you still need less, remove the last shim and try again. Of course you'll be screwing and unscrewing all kinds of set screws, but we wouldn't be racing if we weren't wrenching, LOL....Jim
Old 06-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Earlier there were some posts regarding castor and camber change thru wheel movement/steering. Thought i'd chime in and drop the term SAI, or steering axis inclination. This is how castor works for both stability and feel, since it causes the tires to try and remain pointed straight ahead(more castor, more tendency to stay straight). For steering feel, it effects how much of the tire contacts the surface during turns/chassis roll thru SAI. There is also the weight jacking that occurs because of the axles change in inclination, etc.
Hi Jim!!

Commenting on the above quote, for our purposes, SAI and castor angle are the same thing.

The reason castor tuning seems elusive to some, is that it is directly effected by chassis roll stiffness. In other words, less roll in the chassis will like less castor, more roll will like more castor. This is because of tuning and not the surface itself, since tuning can reduce or add roll on any surface if desired......., Hope this helps?.....Jim
That's typically true in off road, but not neccessarily in on road. In fact most of the cars I've tuned on lately use about the same amount of castor for their carpet and asphalt set ups, although the castor might not be achieved in the same way...

So I'm not arguing with your statements Jim, just commenting on them.

THnx for the input!!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Turnbuckle wrench

I work in a machine shop and am going to make some turnbuckle wrenches for the JRXS since it is a smaller size wrench and you have to use that skinny little thing. Im just wondering if i make them, will anyone be interested in buying one, it will look similar to the Lunsford wrench. Prolly sell for 5 bucks plus shipping. Let me know...
-Buddy B
Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuddyB
I work in a machine shop and am going to make some turnbuckle wrenches for the JRXS since it is a smaller size wrench and you have to use that skinny little thing. Im just wondering if i make them, will anyone be interested in buying one, it will look similar to the Lunsford wrench. Prolly sell for 5 bucks plus shipping. Let me know...
-Buddy B
Buddy, Bella and I will definately want them... HIGHLY POLISHED... or blue anodized??? Perhaps longer than the lunsford one- kinda like the trinity one?

LMK!!

Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.