Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Seized bearing in Velocity 6.5...

Hey guys,

I seized the main (front) bearing in my 6.5 Velocity motor with the ribbed endbell and sintered rotor. I want to just replace the bearing, but can only find a bearing kit with a new endbell for $30. Does anyone sell just the bearings?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hay Steve, I have a gtx that has no breaks and no forward until about 1/2 throtle. The power goes through the esc from the beginning of the trigger but the car does not move until about 1/2 throtle. All the settings are in a nutural position on the radio and the esc has been reprogramed to the factory settings. What should I do?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
The Evicerator

Sounds like something's the matter with your GTX... send it in to me w/ a service form and I can probably get you taken care of.

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Hay Steve, I have a gtx that has no breaks and no forward until about 1/2 throtle. The power goes through the esc from the beginning of the trigger but the car does not move until about 1/2 throtle. All the settings are in a nutural position on the radio and the esc has been reprogramed to the factory settings. What should I do?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 PM
The Evicerator

Sorry, We only sell the bearing already pre-installed into an endbell because of the problems we have seen with people trying to A. Remove the bearing from the endbell and B.) re-install a new bearing into the endbell.

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
Hey guys,

I seized the main (front) bearing in my 6.5 Velocity motor with the ribbed endbell and sintered rotor. I want to just replace the bearing, but can only find a bearing kit with a new endbell for $30. Does anyone sell just the bearings?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Sounds like something's the matter with your GTX... send it in to me w/ a service form and I can probably get you taken care of.
I'll send it in next week. Thanks for the help and the quick response.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Scuba just wanted to say thanks for all the help at the nats....later Drew
Old 03-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

[removed]
Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
The Evicerator

Anytime Drew!

Thanks for all the hard work!

See you at the next race!

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Scuba just wanted to say thanks for all the help at the nats....later Drew
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

how you feelin scuba? good enough for a litttle night race tomorrow? hopefully i see you there buddy later E-MAN
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Steve, help me please, I have a SS5800 brushless system in my HPI electric super and I need help with spur/pinion size. I am about to update to motor with the sintered rotor.
help!!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

STEVE- Thanks for the gearing info. The car was a rocket down the straight last weekend. I'm going to try the 12mm rotor the next time out at 10.1
Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Angry

hey steve i have a gtb and i'm running a brush motor on it. today i was practicing and it was working all good until i came out or a turn and then i gave it gas it wouldn't go it just surged when i give it gas. i tryed another motor and it did the samthing, then i changed remotes and still the samthing.

also on the speed control i'm not running all three wires to the negative on the motor, i have one wire that is soidered to all the tabs whitch then goes to the negative on the motor. could this cause a problem?
i'm not sure what i need to do about getting it fixed.
i need a speed control for the jbrl this weekend, so please let me know what i need to do.

thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 AM
The Evicerator

The Super Electrics are those big, 1/8 electric cars, right?

I'm not even really sure where to begin with recommendations for that car... the only things that I can think of for sure are:

Upgrade to a sintered rotor

Probably gear low ... around a 9.0:1 to start and monitor ESC and motor temps... if after a 5 minute run they are lower than 170 you can gear up a tooth a time.

Sorry I don't have better recommendations... those 1/8 electric cars are generally something I'd try a different system in instead of the SS 5800.

Originally Posted by bigb11
Steve, help me please, I have a SS5800 brushless system in my HPI electric super and I need help with spur/pinion size. I am about to update to motor with the sintered rotor.
help!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 AM
The Evicerator

Clint,

Glad to be of service!

Originally Posted by STLNLST
STEVE- Thanks for the gearing info. The car was a rocket down the straight last weekend. I'm going to try the 12mm rotor the next time out at 10.1
Old 03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
The Evicerator

metal,

I'm not certain but it sounds like your ESC might have a few damaged mosfets.

The way you have it wired shouldn't have caused any problems.

When running a brushed motor were you running a schottky diode on the motor...? Extensive running without a schottky could have lead to the damage you might have.

I would definately recommend bringing the ESC in... if you want the fastest service unfortunately you'd probably have to walk in with it... if you mail it in the turn around time is generally 3-5 days...which isn't slow by any means... but won't help you get on the track this weekend!

Let me know if you need any more help!

Originally Posted by metalracer2
hey steve i have a gtb and i'm running a brush motor on it. today i was practicing and it was working all good until i came out or a turn and then i gave it gas it wouldn't go it just surged when i give it gas. i tryed another motor and it did the samthing, then i changed remotes and still the samthing.

also on the speed control i'm not running all three wires to the negative on the motor, i have one wire that is soidered to all the tabs whitch then goes to the negative on the motor. could this cause a problem?
i'm not sure what i need to do about getting it fixed.
i need a speed control for the jbrl this weekend, so please let me know what i need to do.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.