Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

how can customers be a pain !!!
no customer, no sale,no sale no supplier.no supplier, no product. end of conversation
Old 07-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

customers can be a real pain. Ever worked retail?

"the sign says this orange juice is 99 cents"
"No, the sign says the small carton of milk under the OJ is 99 cents"

Last time i checked, milk and orange juice were spelled differently.

but this is a totally different circumstance
Old 07-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

gaz8- from you post i'm sure you've never worked a day at a hobby shop.

" we'll Tower Hobbies has it for $5 less" My response was OK pay the $10 for shipping and wait a week or you can get it tommorow from them IF YOU PAY $40 shiping.

"this nitro engine is defective it doesn't run" did you read the instructions "yes" well why is the needel CLOSED?? " what needel" yeah you read the instructions "well it never worked" so how is the glow plug burned out and the piston and sleave burned out???

gaz8 do this 5-15 times a day 6 days a week and tell me that SOME customers can't be a pain
Old 07-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

i see your point
but isnt that what 95 percent of jobs are like,you just seem to do the samething over and over all day, lol.
sorry if it seems like im being picky but i thought this was about after sales service not initial sales??

also remember that a question is only a hard question when you dont know the answer..........and if you know the answer the question was so easy!!

i used to work in a large plant company where the manager would laugh at questions customers put forward to him.this was because he was up his own ass,and ownly saw his side of the fence.(no pun intended)
he lost the company lots of customers and this in the end lost him his job!!
when he got the sack many exsisting customers came back and the company is eventually making things right again.
cheers gaz
Old 07-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the responces gaz8 and raving-monkey.

gaz , so are you saying i should get the 3 racing hinge pins or the ae ones. i have the rpm ball cups and a wide nitro tc3 setup as the bumper with the rpm plastic thingy on the bottom. i would like to get the p dub bumper to bullet proof my ride tho.

i have the irs alum diffs for a tc3 but they are shot i was gonna try to get the speedway pal ones but ill probably end up gettting the lightened steel ones thanks again guys

P.S. has anybody tried those aluminum rear hubs by square or 3racing (not sure witch one makes them) and are they any good, are they lighter?
Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Lmunno- Thanks thats just what I needed

wyd- I worked the counter at what was the biggest and bussiest hobby shop in Florida for years so I know what a pain some customers can be.
Exactly. I find it hard to think if I'm yelling and swearing at some customer service guy theya re going to be nice to me!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah right they are going to treat meet like the ass I was at that time.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

m8

the hardensteel ones are stronger.and much heavier than the 3 racing ones,the 3 racing ones are lighter by a full gram each.but will bend much easier in the event of a big smash i guess this doesnt matter though if you order them from hong kong as there cheap as chips so just order an extra paxket or two. if you choose them to save weight this way
cheers gaz

Last edited by gaz8; 07-03-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default That's what I like about my profession...

my customers are always wrong! Oh...do I have stories.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

This is getting interesting.
I know it's not TC4, but it's worth the discussion.

I have been in business 40 years and in the model trade over 10 years. Because I am a keen racer I bend over backward to accomodate people. The problem is that they then take advantage, expect you to stop what you're doing and attend to them, leave your race car when your race is next, just so that you can give them a pair of wishbones or something there and then. And they'll complain if you don't have the bit they want in your tool box on Sunday!

I could write pages, but I won't, because at the end of the day, whatever you say, the customer is always right, and we are always wrong!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Ive been in the customer service biz for 16 years ,and if there is one thing Ive learned, you CAN NOT please everyone. Also you need to be treated with respect to give respect back.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone running any of the 3 Racing stuff on their TC4? Seen a few nice parts that they make. I do have some of the Square parts on my TC4 now. I have the one piece spur gear adaptor and one piece front drive cup. Really like those two parts.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

i only currently have the 3racing steering rack and its really nice..actually lighter than stock and takes some of the slop (only a tiny bit left in mine now and thats down to the ball cups)
Old 07-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

damn ive got almost all the 3 racing hopups

shock towers,titanium, shockbushes,c-hub bushes.shoulder screws,hingepins inner/outer. steering rack, delrin pivot balls,rear suspension mount.

square bits
front hub carriers,drive cups,drive shaft,spur gear holder,carbon bumper kit,steering posts,titanium screw kit

trf shocks,rpm ball cups,robinson racing ballstuds,jet servo posts,ft modified cnc motor mount,jet cam,acer bearings ceramics,acer diff balls,ft wheel hexes,ft axle pins,lightened steel diffs.

the icing on the cake my BMI chassis oh yes not to forget the love cushion the new p-dub bumper(not in pic though)

cheers gaz
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-dscf0019_edited.jpg  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

so gaz you dont have the rear hubs?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.