Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

well i bought the blue ft blocks and the ft hinge pin set and that didnt work just use some nylon washers and sand them on some silicon carbide sanding paper on a flat surface to size

the hinge pins are a definate hop up though well i think so anyway

cheers gaz

andsettin try looking in the bmi discusions thread or pm protc3
Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Art Garfunkel
eXpress Motorsports (Team Driver) LAME

protc3,

Just continue making your second rate aftermarket chassis….OKAY!

TPhalen,

Don’t waist your time with this fool. He is obviously upset because he cant turn a profit.
Art I can see truely no nothing pertaining to this thread. I can see your a credit to this forum. and website.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wyd
Art I can see truely no nothing pertaining to this thread. I can see your a credit to this forum. and website.
I said I was done so just calm down
Old 06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayhuang
For the fore-aft slop-I used different thickness motor shims. Its always good to have the brass and aluminum shims around.
That's an old trick. Isn't it amazing, even though we are on opposite sides of the World, we both have the same bright ideas.

I reckon I have more motor washers on suspension arms than I have on motors. And not just TC4's I can assure you.

In fact I think I've yet to discover a car without slop somewhere.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

The most slop I have on my new TC4 is the steering rack. I have plenty of slop their so I guess I will be shimmimg it alot of buy another wrack to see if the results are the same.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have heard the 3Racing steering rack can get rid of that slop
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

the most slop i have is in the plastic suspension blocks..the hingepins and them little balls actually move inside the blocks so alu blocks all round (i only have the 1 right at the back) are on my list.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by NVisible
i have heard the 3Racing steering rack can get rid of that slop
I will have to look into one of those.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The biggest problem with the TC4 is that some people who buy them are "builders" and not "modelers."

Who gives a damn if a car has a little "slop." Back in the day before idiots gladly paid $400 in order to practically have the car built for them (Ahem Xray ) they actually had a CUT things, sand them and shim them as well...OH NO!!! Not that!!! Hard work that requires a little craftsmanship!!! How horrible!!!!!!!

Next thing you know people are gonna be complaining that the cars don't come out of the box pre-built by "pro" drivers and pre-setup for their home track. Of course if I was to sell cars like that and charged $800 for them, I'm sure some moron would buy them.

It's a HOBBY people, learn how to do more than just turn an allen wrench.

Love,

Sean XOXO
Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Raving money, place a thin plastic bag between the block and the ball and then push the ball in and trim the excess plastic. This should take up that slop.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hrm, i didnt see much complaining and crying about slop, i just read some questions & suggestions about how to fix the problem.

Back in my day we had to widdle our own RC cars out of a slab of wood, and had to create our own ICs to make it run. If you lost a thumb or an eyeball, that was part of the fun! Thats how it was and we liked it, WE LOVED IT [/grumpy old man]
Old 06-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NVisible
hrm, i didnt see much complaining and crying about slop, i just read some questions & suggestions about how to fix the problem.

Back in my day we had to widdle our own RC cars out of a slab of wood, and had to create our own ICs to make it run. If you lost a thumb or an eyeball, that was part of the fun! Thats how it was and we liked it, WE LOVED IT [/grumpy old man]
It's just a point.

Also, if people simply expect their cars to fall together without any work, I'll call them lazy.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Another funny thought though:

You only feel "slop" when you're moving parts with your hands. Once you place the model on the ground doesn't gravity take care of any precieved "slop?" While I understand that you want as "slopless" a steering system as possible, whats so bad about the suspension if it's all equal?

*note - when talking about "slop" I'm refering to about .1 - .5mm worth of free play.

Just a couple of questions to pick brains with...
Old 06-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default me too

I'm with soviet here. I am more concerned with symetry (sp) than having a slop-less car. Same with my set-up. I would rather have a car that was identical side-side & front-rear that was a little off from my ideal numbers (spring rates, oil viscosities, cambers degrees, etc) than to have a car with one side spot on my numbers and the other side a little off. I never give up trying to get my car perfectly slop free though. It makes me think Im gunna be faster, and thats can be all I need to actual be faster sometimes. : )
Old 06-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TPhalen- it's all good. Hate you can't make it.

John Bull- actually you're right- nobody here is fast with a TC4, but I know it's a super fast car and fully capable of being just as fast as anything out there. I was just trying to talk some smack and get some people to come to our race. It's going to be awesome. We LOVE good competition and we already have some fast guys coming... just not sure if any are AETC drivers.

Keep up the good work AE, and everyone remember; it's not about which car, motor, blah blah blah, it's about the fun, friends and promoting this hobby which is growing quite fast in these parts!!

Happy Racing,
Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.