Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BustedAw11
look at the price of those new kits... anything in the lower end isn't any better then the tc4. Just easier to get parts for.
New kits in the 600+ range, they can keep
Xpress AT1S would eat up a TC4 and only costs $140 USD. I've got both.
SteveM, DirkW and Xrayray like this.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do people run the Factory Team TC4 without th Top Deck Standoff? Maybe for pavement of more flex? I purchased one used and it is missing the Top Deck Standoffs.

Thanks,
Old 07-05-2023, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Will the B44 out drives fit the TC4?

I have a TC4 I want to run in a VTA class, one of the rear outdrives is trashed and unusable, will these work as a replacement?

Old 07-06-2023, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a-man1234
Do people run the Factory Team TC4 without th Top Deck Standoff? Maybe for pavement of more flex? I purchased one used and it is missing the Top Deck Standoffs.

Thanks,
Yes, the installation or removal of the blue aluminum corner standoffs can be used in tuning the chassis. If you search online for the FTTC4 manual, check out page 19 for some brief info on this subject. You can also use or omit the carbon fiber "spine" piece that connects the upper/lower decks as part of tuning the car.

I still have a FTTC4 and if you setup the car with the 4 corner braces and the spine, the car/chassis will be very stiff with very little flex. This car was designed when foam tire carpet racing was popular, so a chassis will little to no flex was desirable. There were also different thickness of lower and upper decks that could be used for tuning the car.

I did a quick search on Team Associated website for the FTTC4 and it has some useful links. Here is the result of the search... (https://www.associatedelectrics.com/search/?q=fttc4)

Here is a direct link to the FTTC4 manual... (https://img2.associatedelectrics.com...4ft_manual.pdf)

----------

The last time I seriously raced my FTTC4 was on low grip gray ozite car in VTA using Protoform VTA tires. I removed all 4 chassis braces as I felt the car was too stiff for the track conditions I was racing on.

I remember some people (setups) where they were modifying the upper deck for more flex. If I were going to revive my FTTC4 for racing, I might look into getting the top deck that came with the Diggity Designs DC4. That car is a more modern aftermarket upgrade for the TC4 that was competitive when racing rubber tire classes such at 17.5 TC. That car used the same motor mount as the FTTC4, which is the part that is almost impossible to find new at this point.

Here is a link on the Diggity Designs website for this car, but I do not know if this company is still in business or producing any new parts. I do know they had a limited run on the conversion kit that ended long ago... (http://www.diggitydesigns.com/produc...signs_DC4.html)

Hope this information helps
oreo likes this.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
I have a TC4 I want to run in a VTA class, one of the rear outdrives is trashed and unusable, will these work as a replacement?
Many of the TC4 kits came with plastic outdrives in the rear of the car (such as the club racer). If this is the outdrive you have trashed, switching to steel outdrives IS NOT a direct swap. The plastic and steel diffs are assembled differently and have different parts such as the diff rings and bearings.

I cannot tell from the pictures nor have I tried to use the B44 parts. I would suspect that the B44 outdrives would be too wide and the dog bones would bind if used on a TC4, but I just don't know. However If I was going to take the risk, I would buy the complete diff assembly which is Team Associated part number 9735. I found a couple of them for sale on Amazon.

You might try search online for B44 vs TC4 diff assembly. I found a few discussions but didn't see anything that confirmed they were interchangeable
oreo likes this.