Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That's what keeps us all in the game...lol...HOPE... I just put an aluminum screw set in my tc4... Another 20grams or so lost in the hopes of beating Volker...lol....

YAWN.......SSSNNNORREE
Old 07-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gooba
@lone drifter. Does your track follow the rules for VTA pretty strictly? because at 1550 and similar electronics packages the cars should be realitlivy close. You should be able to hang with the new cars unless your setup is way off or something is making your car slow
I Race VTA at 4 Tracks in the Summer.

The First track is strict , its a Carpet track about 70' x 40 '( Fall- Winter). The Tc4 is the works OK there . Summer is their parking lot which is also good .
The Second track is Anything goes its a Huge outdoor asphalt 200+ ' strait that is where My Tc4 has the most trouble ( the FDR's they Run are from 3.0 - 2.8) Can't match their gearing with the Tc4's 2.5:1 trans. ( Yes I did dremel out the bracing under the pinion gear )
The third and forth ones are Hobby shop Parking lot tracks, which I found on RC Tech .
One of them has good racers with good equipment .(A Tc4 challenge) . and the last has good racers on a lower budget, VTA always a lot of fun there (a Tc4 Nirvana ).
Old 07-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solo1
Hi guys just bought a tc4 club, a 200 mm porsche body and some mikuni 5 mm offset wheels and the wheels fit right for width but the pocket the axle nut fits in does not have enough room for a tool to tighten it. Has anyone had experience with this? Is there a very thin wall socket? or do i have to find defferent wheels and from where? Thanks
When my TC4 wheel nut don't tighten down all the way I put a 1/8" nylon spacer between the nut and the wheel . that works sometimes .
Also you could check at your local hobby shop , With my TC3 I was able to find smaller nuts that fit the TC3 axle threads
Old 07-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I believe the ASC 2402 axles are slightly longer than the standard ones. Might help with getting a locknut on there.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRock360
Just finished building my VTA with a TC4.
The old timers I talk say it's still a solid platform.
That's a Good looking Car
Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To match the other racers 2.8 fdr gearing, you can use the Robinson 49tooth(48p) spur gear with their 47tooth(48p) pinion gear for a higher 2.60 fdr... Make sure you have other pinions from 40tooth(48p) up to 47tooth(48p) to cover all the possible gearing from 2.6 fdr to 3.06fdr... The tc4 easily matches their gearing, and then some!!!....
Originally Posted by Lone Drifter

The First track is strict , its a Carpet track about 70' x 40 '( Fall- Winter). The Tc4 is the works OK there . Summer is their parking lot which is also good .
The Second track is Anything goes its a Huge outdoor asphalt 200+ ' strait that is where My Tc4 has the most trouble ( the FDR's they Run are from 3.0 - 2.8) Can't match their gearing with the Tc4's 2.5:1 trans. ( Yes I did dremel out the bracing under the pinion gear )
The third and forth ones are Hobby shop Parking lot tracks, which I found on RC Tech .
One of them has good racers with good equipment .(A Tc4 challenge) . and the last has good racers on a lower budget, VTA always a lot of fun there (a Tc4 Nirvana ).
Old 07-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Personally I'd either wouldn't race at the second track or would change classes. With a straight that long VTA racing you may aswell bring a book as long as it would take to make a lap.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter

...The Second track is Anything goes its a Huge outdoor asphalt 200+ ' strait that is where My Tc4 has the most trouble ( the FDR's they Run are from 3.0 - 2.8) Can't match their gearing with the Tc4's 2.5:1 trans. ( Yes I did dremel out the bracing under the pinion gear )
If you are talking about Leisure Hours then I race there with a TC3 and have been very competitive. Don't think I've finished less than third in the past 3 seasons when I make it out there. I can get my car down to 2.8 but it doesn't run well at that ratio. Not enough torque to carry a heavy VTA car through the corners. Last weekend at the BBQ race I ran a 3.19:1 FDR (74/58) and finished second. My fast lap was .001 slower than the leader that ran an X-Ray and my averages were only about .1 off.

Don't let the "gotta go low" mentality get to you. If you can carry corner speed you only need to keep up on the straight to be competitive. If you need gearing help, come talk to me next time we are both there. Not too many people running TC3s anymore so you should be able to find me easily. My USGT car, also a TC3 always has a BMW shell.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Don't let the "gotta go low" mentality get to you.
Yeah, Bert's thought process is great for finishing last, or getting a DNF with the smell of burning money coming from your car. Gear for lap times, if the car feels slow coming out of the corner it probably is.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

So did we ever figure out if the gear diffs posted a few pages back will work in the tc4?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gooba
So did we ever figure out if the gear diffs posted a few pages back will work in the tc4?
The answer is no, they won't. You don't need a gear diff to run stock anyway.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im new to the tc4 and just getting started with it and was wondering if someone could tell me if the tc4 FT manual set up advice works on the club car as i only got a 2 page manualfor the club car and can only find a ft 1
Old 07-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solo1
Im new to the tc4 and just getting started with it and was wondering if someone could tell me if the tc4 FT manual set up advice works on the club car as i only got a 2 page manualfor the club car and can only find a ft 1
I think Associated has the manuals mismarked on their web site. This one is under the second "RTR" heading but is actually for the standard car I think. Probably more helpful than what you have.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...rtr_manual.pdf

They have setup sheets on this page as well...
http://www.teamassociated.com/setupsheets/TC4/
Old 07-25-2014, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by beemerfan
I think Associated has the manuals mismarked on their web site. This one is under the second "RTR" heading but is actually for the standard car I think. Probably more helpful than what you have.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...rtr_manual.pdf

They have setup sheets on this page as well...
http://www.teamassociated.com/setupsheets/TC4/
Thanks Beemer fan!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

I was hoping for the gear diffs for their tunibilty. I've been trying to get my car to rotate tight corners quicker and a gear diff would help there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.