Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

what is a better screw kit the one from ae or the set from rc screwz. also whats a better turnbuckle kit, lunsford or ae ones.

thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 09:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
what is a better screw kit the one from ae or the set from rc screwz. also whats a better turnbuckle kit, lunsford or ae ones.

thanks
I went with the RC Screwz as they are stainless steel and are stonger than aluminum. The tie rods are mainly which ones you like better. I just happned to go with the Lunsford ones but have used the AE ones on many of my other AE cars and trucks. I just happened to go with the Lunsford this time.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

hi there

the ae blue screws are pretty poor really.well the counter sunk ones are thats for sure.
try looking for a square titanium screw kit for you tc4 there pretty good value for money.try here........http://www.brockmodels.com/

the best titanium screws i have used though are the fmax ones they are to a very high standard im well impressed with them but they cost way to much

cheers gaz
Old 07-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

thanks guys ,

i hate to be a pain but let me get this out of the way, are there any after market parts that ae makes that are really bad and crappy?? and if there are any could you please state the other part that would take its place?

thanks again
Old 07-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

hi again

the lightened steel outdrives are good, but they weigh a ton.they make the car heavier and add to rotating mass,good point is that there bomb proof i think
well the ft anodized motor mount and ft motor clamp thing,what a rip i bought them thinking they woud be of a higher grade alumunium but there not there the same cast crap anodised blue instead of black.i was foolish enough to buy them. and weigh them, the black motor mount was 0.1 gram lighter than the blue, but you could put this down to porosity in the aluminium casting (when cast)
the standard hinge pins are abit soft you could get some ft hardened ones which are great or 3 racing titanium ones... harder than standard but still bend!
lunsford do some too, but i havent tryed them!
p dub bumper is a must!! saved me some wishbones mine has!!! lol
i quite like rpm ball cups too as they are a much firmer fit

cheers gaz
Old 07-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

steel diff is a must in the front..or atleast alluminium one (although alu wears quickly/quicker)...its not that nessecary in the rear but i fitted them to both ends to be suree

my car is 1509/1510 now with graphite kit, 2 lightened steel diffs, gaz8's own customized motor mount ti screw kit (only upper for now, getting lower later), Ti driveshafts etc....so i can get it lower and under the weight limit..hopefull it will be under with a BMI chassis
Old 07-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

a good place to find aluminum screws,nuts,washers and countersink washers in all colors is fastener-express.com
Old 07-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

What does the BMI TC4 weigh track ready?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

with all the stock turnbuckles and screws with rubber tires,mine came in at 52.8 oz.with the titanium turnbuckles,aluminum screws and a spool in the front,im sure it will be lighter.i will weigh mine when i get it ready for the track.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

There is a rule to great customer service (even if we know differently)
THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! If you lose one customer due to bad customer service they will take other customers away with them. There are many other car companies to do business with that treat customers with the respect they deserve.

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
P.S. Tony could you help with the 12L4 manual???????
Roly: I copied my 12L4 manual so you could print one! Happy 4th everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-page-2.jpg   Team Associated TC4-page3.jpg   Team Associated TC4-page-4.jpg   Team Associated TC4-page-5.jpg   Team Associated TC4-page-6.jpg  

Old 07-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last page!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-page-7.jpg  
Old 07-03-2005, 09:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yeah the Customer is always right!!!!!!!!!!! In their eyes they might be but in reality we know this is untrue!!!!! Lets see you have some fool sit and belittle you, cus and stuff like that and see what customer service you would give that customer.

Yes other places are willing to do better customer service but in the end they are ALL going to be the same in the long run. Most of the time you will get great customer service if you treat the guy on the other end with respect like you want them to do for you.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah the Customer is always right!!!!!!!!!!! In their eyes they might be but in reality we know this is untrue!!!!! Lets see you have some fool sit and belittle you, cus and stuff like that and see what customer service you would give that customer.
I would give them the same customer service as any other customer, obviously they have a problem and it needs to be resolved to make them happy! It's that easy!
Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Its just like the old saying..Sugar works better than Vinegar..
Old 07-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Lmunno- Thanks thats just what I needed

wyd- I worked the counter at what was the biggest and bussiest hobby shop in Florida for years so I know what a pain some customers can be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.