Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Seamus,

Have you taken your car out yet? Hows it working for you? I haven't gotten my FT yet but my Team kit is working very well. I should be at Gilroy this Friday.

Shoot, I hardly post on this thread. Don't have a need to, car works fantastic!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NUMBER11: I tried to order a set of the ceramics just to see if it would do the same to me... did you enter anything into the field for "company name"? Everything went through fine for me, up to the finalization of the order. You can always call 973-230-8452 for help, or send an email to [email protected]. Im sorry i cant be of more help!

- DaveW

Last edited by DaveW; 10-19-2005 at 08:29 AM. Reason: : )
Old 10-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Craig Drescher Reedy 2005Setup

Hi, does anybody have Craig Drescher's setup from the Reedy Race of Champions 2005? or have the link to a site that has it? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE]Heres whats on my car if you want to try it.
Front
Purple springs
60 wt
2 pistons
inside on arms, 2nd from inside on tower
.025 shim under all blocks except Triangle.
Camber 2nd hole from inside with Silver ball stud and 2 washers
5mm droop
4.5mm ride height
28 mm TM Racing Plaids
light sway bar
4 deg castor

Rear
Gold springs
40 wt
2 pistons
outside on arms 3rd from inside on tower
camber all the way in with black ballstud and no washers
XXXS zero deg rear hubs with silver ballstud inside and no washers
5mm droop
4.5mm ride height
2.5 rear block
light sway bar

Express C2 geared 37/98
Express 3800's
BMI chassis
Square front and rear input shafts
Yok caps and bladders
Paragon Ground Effects
Mazda 6 (my carpet bodies arent ready yet)

I want to try 2.0 wide stance for the rear but I don't have all the aluminum that I need yet. I think that the 2.5 is probably in the middle of 2.0 and 2.0 Wide as far as comfort and speed goes. 3.0 is probably too much for carpet
QUOTE]

Bob this is a good setup. I run one very simlar. Did you space up the ball stud on the steering rack at all? I have notice that on the TC3 the inside tire turns more then the out side tire. On the TC4 both wheel turns about the same.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ya know what I honestly don't remember. I will check tonight and let ya know. With all the other adjustments on the car I try to leave the steering alone. I figure once I'm close then I will play with it. Right now my enemy is track time. I had alot of family obligations during sept/october. I am hoping to get at least two weekends in November and then get to the Express North South Shootout down in North Carolina in December, but with the holidays coming up nothing is set in stone.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Im looking into buying a FT TC4 so now I have a question:
Will I need any upgrades (besides springs and oil) to run foams on carpet?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

You shoudn't need anything the kit comes with everything you should need. I have been running mine with foams on carpet with the kit setup and it has been good.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Andrew: It isn't the chassis. ALL Carbon double deck cars get in a bind. It has nothing to do with heat. The main source of the tweak is from being run into, or running into something. Read the RC rags, they all say it about every car. Each car has it's own way of straighting back up. Take the top plate off of your car, and lay it on the same surfaces you described earlier. I can almost guarantee it will be flat. At the ROAR Nats, I seen Barry get punted off of the track by contact with a slower car in practice. He sat there and took the car apart, and put it back together. No new parts. Just getting it back to where it should be.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have there been any problems with the car at all?? I was thinking about getting one too.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

J_P
I appreciate the advice and agree with yuo. My problem is that I am running a plastic tub chassis. I've seen a couple on line ehre for pretty cheap so I'll have to lay down a few bones to get them sent my way. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

a couple of people asked me about the steering rack setup and all. I have the silver ballstud with two washers on the inner hole of the spindle with no washers inboard on the steering rack. Now that you guys asked me that I have to go and do some homework. I don't remember why I had it like that I believe thats the way it was when I bought it I think.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

all you guys with concerns: The main problem that everyone complained about early on (pre FT) was slop in the arms and steering rack. AE fixed this and if you did get an old kit you could still shim it. The other problem is that on high bite carpet you could strip internal gears because of flex problems. Again, pre FT.

I have a BMI version of the TC4 and I can honestly say that it is the best car that I have had. AE can finally say that they compete with the Euro cars.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:23 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Drew: I would say....No. I got mine, ran it for two weeks, and went to the nationals. As with any kit. There are tricks to them. I would say #1. An after market front bumper. The stock one is kind of narrow. The car has been very good. The issues with slop are non existant. The motor doesn't warp the chassis. And the usual AE cars of good shocks, a lot of adjustment options, and the famous AE diff. I cannot think of a single problem that I have had. And I am an Off-Road guy.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

i was wondering about the spacers under the suspension arm mounts. if i have the same number of spacers under them, can i just take them all out? so the mounts sit flush on the chassis? or will it mess with the geometry?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

cool jp I had the tc3 before and it was the best car I drove for like 1 night then it sucked, I am really likeing that you can fix tweak yourself with out getting a new chassie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.