Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EPIC "D3" Duo 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can someone tell me where or how on their site I can send my motor back to EPIC/Trinity to have them take a look at my 13.5? I have looked on the site and clicked "Support" but it only shows Support for the nitro engines.

My issue is that the motor is very noisy and was told that the bearings may not be seated properly (EA's observation). I tried what he suggested but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
Can someone tell me where or how on their site I can send my motor back to EPIC/Trinity to have them take a look at my 13.5? I have looked on the site and clicked "Support" but it only shows Support for the nitro engines.

My issue is that the motor is very noisy and was told that the bearings may not be seated properly (EA's observation). I tried what he suggested but with no success.

Eric
$10 says the sator needs to be re-epoxed.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Eric
Their phone number is (386) 668-7771.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Eric
It might be worth checking the following. When I got my 13.5 it was fine for a run and then it got progressively noisy and started sounding like a tractor with a noticable drag brake sensation.

I check the bearings and re-greased them and they were perfectly smooth.

So I took a look inside the stator where the rotor sits and noticed that there was something inside against one of the walls of the stator and the rotor was rubbing / touching it when it rotated... only touching it very slightly.

I took a flashlight to it and what it appeared to be was some resin / glue that had leaked into the inside of the stator and set hard - I assume this is the same resin/glue that was used to build the stator (ide never run the motor hot) or had the motor apart before

so I took a scapel and cut away at the material until there was very little left and the rotor spun without touching it.

Now the motor runs super smoooth

hopefully this picture should describe it better. What I must add though, is that these motors are AMAZINGLY good.

Last edited by geubes; 03-30-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry if this has been asked before, but on the D3, approximately how many degrees of timing does each notch represent?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Sorry if this has been asked before, but on the D3, approximately how many degrees of timing does each notch represent?
8* per tick according to Trinity.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geubes
It might be worth checking the following. When I got my 13.5 it was fine for a run and then it got progressively noisy and started sounding like a tractor with a noticable drag brake sensation.

I check the bearings and re-greased them and they were perfectly smooth.

So I took a look inside the stator where the rotor sits and noticed that there was something inside against one of the walls of the stator and the rotor was rubbing / touching it when it rotated... only touching it very slightly.

I took a flashlight to it and what it appeared to be was some resin / glue that had leaked into the inside of the stator and set hard - I assume this is the same resin/glue that was used to build the stator (ide never run the motor hot) or had the motor apart before

so I took a scapel and cut away at the material until there was very little left and the rotor spun without touching it.

Now the motor runs super smoooth

hopefully this picture should describe it better. What I must add though, is that these motors are AMAZINGLY good.
I will look into that, thanks for the awesome pics! Yes the tractor sound descibed it to a "T"

Originally Posted by Dane
$10 says the sator needs to be re-epoxed.
Dane I'll just keep my $10

M-Technic Thanks for the number!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I just bought a new Duo 3 and I have some play on the shaft. How many shims does it need to take out the slopp

thank David
Old 04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know where/if I can buy these in the UK?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryh
Hey Terry,

PM me. I ship to the UK all the time.

EA
Old 04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Anyone run this in a Speed Passion Cirtix v1? My novak ballistic doesn't work with it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Initiate

hi mate try here i know he has them in stock to http://www.rr-rc.com/ourshop/cat_190...ss-Motors.html
great motors i love them

Ginge
Old 04-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah my local shop stocks and sells them ...

reality racing ... ahhh , the ginger ninger beat me to it ^^^^^^^
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default UK STOCK

DMS have them in stock 10.5 and 13.5 due soon
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default rollout and timing for 1/12th and WGT

Just got an Epic duo3 10.5 plan to run in my 1/12th 1s and 1s WGT looking for rollout and timing for the said motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.