Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EPIC "D3" Duo 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hi guys. Looking at trying 17.5 blinky on a small technical track. No one currently runs this class at all so no idea where to start with fdr. I currently run 21.5 blinky with a rollout of 64/fdr 3.1 for comparison. We don't get a lot of practice, only qualifying 6 minute races, so hope to not get it totally wrong and cook it in the first race
Old 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Hi guys. Looking at trying 17.5 blinky on a small technical track. No one currently runs this class at all so no idea where to start with fdr. I currently run 21.5 blinky with a rollout of 64/fdr 3.1 for comparison. We don't get a lot of practice, only qualifying 6 minute races, so hope to not get it totally wrong and cook it in the first race
4.0 FDR with a fan is quite safe and could be very fast on a semi small technical track. Don't be too afraid of going down to 3.8 if you are using a motor fan. But as always check temperature when possible .

whoops ! edit, for some reason I read this as duo 1, not DUO 3. So given that...about 2 ticks from full timing but the FDR still is the same as I describe above.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 07-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
4.0 FDR , middle timing hole, with a fan is quite safe and could be very fast on a semi small technical track. Don't be too afraid of going down to 3.8 if you are using a motor fan. But as always check temperature when possible .
Thanks mate. I've got a kick-ass fan on there, so that'll give me a good starting point. Appreciate it.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
If you're talking about TC, start at 4.0 with 1-2 marks of timing. Then experiment with larger pinions / more timing from there.

EDIT: Yeah, what Magnet Top said.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Whats my next step

What should I set my fdr to? At the moment im running in the 17.5 blinky class with the duo 3 and SP GT2.0 pro. My fdr is 3.8 with the motor timing cranked all the way to max and im coming off under 140. Should I stay that way or gear lower for more torque? My fast laps are mid 11's and the faster guys are low 11s and high 10s.
Heres a picture of the track.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bit of a thread revival , I am running a std D3 17.5T in blinky tc at 4.03FDR with the timing 2 marks up from centre and it's coming off cold at the minute, was thinking of trying a high torque rotor and seeing how i get on. I will be starting to do a 17.5t boosted tc next season do i want to use the standard rotor for this?