R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Post EPIC "D3" Duo 3

So what's the scoop.
Is this motor going to be all that and a bag of chips ?

The D3 (Duo3) is a pro racing motor designed for 2 & 4wd, 1/12th & 1/10th on-road, oval and off-road. Stronger gauss neo magnet rotor for more low end torque. The stator with higher temperature wire and a faster switching sensor board design. Fully adjustable timing. Heavy duty low drag ball bearings.

__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Yes aound end of this month release !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

EPIC!
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 436
Default

Lets hope we get some values this time.. like weight, efficiency, and most important... Power!
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #5
pmc
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinhal novo - Portugal
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
Lets hope we get some values this time.. like weight, efficiency, and most important... Power!
Hello
great news.

This values will by very important to know, like Power (watts at 7,4V)

Best regards:
Pedro silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
Lets hope we get some values this time.. like weight, efficiency, and most important... Power!
Why? Put it in your car and try it out and see what you think... The numbers really don't mean a lot.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Perfect for Sportsman 17.5 !!!! Let the the motor wars begin (again) !!!
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Why? Put it in your car and try it out and see what you think... The numbers really don't mean a lot.
umm yes they do.

like correct weight.

Venom has the lowest claim on weight on their motors 156grams i believe.

It was at its lowest 10grams more. stuff like that matters when you hunt for specific characteristics.

A guy i know blew some 270dollars on motors wich was no better than hes old ones.

to much motor brake and not as light as specified.

This was for 1/12.

And power does vary extremely from producer to producer.

for instance corally spesifies their red series 4.5T to have 1350 Watts!
My Corally X-BP got under 500watts so i don`t need a red series 4.5T if i need to replace it.

Same if you want a different brand the Novak 4.5T got less than half (530watts)

You need to know at least roughly how much power it delivers.

Additionally it should have been a value for how much motor brake they got.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
umm yes they do.

like correct weight.

Venom has the lowest claim on weight on their motors 156grams i believe.

It was at its lowest 10grams more. stuff like that matters when you hunt for specific characteristics.

A guy i know blew some 270dollars on motors wich was no better than hes old ones.

to much motor brake and not as light as specified.

This was for 1/12.

And power does vary extremely from producer to producer.

for instance corally spesifies their red series 4.5T to have 1350 Watts!
My Corally X-BP got under 500watts so i don`t need a red series 4.5T if i need to replace it.

Same if you want a different brand the Novak 4.5T got less than half (530watts)

You need to know at least roughly how much power it delivers.

Additionally it should have been a value for how much motor brake they got.
I have run many different mod and spec motors. On the track the same turns tend to produce the same lap times but with a different feel regardless of the numbers. I would never consider using a motor I didn't like just because it weighed less.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
JamesReilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: My Lab
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Perfect for Sportsman 17.5 !!!! Let the the motor wars begin (again) !!!
Did it ever end??? where was I? LOL
__________________
Reilly Paint ([email protected])
JamesReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesReilly View Post
Did it ever end??? where was I? LOL

Hey James, well with boost it seemed motors weren't everything. Everybody was dialing in the speed controls and getting their performance that way.
See ya tomorrow ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

It sort of looks like a X12 but uses the Duo1 way of timing setting, all wild speculation on my part though.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Tech Rookie
 
Tozze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 11
Default

I wonder why is it so hard for some manufactures to write down the specs on the motor? Like weight, efficiency, RPM/V and so on.
__________________
http://www.jtrcracing.net/
1:18 Xray M18 | M18 Pro
1:10 Kyosho Spider TF-2 Ford F150 | Robitronic Avid V2 | Team Magic E4JS
1:8 Nanda NRT-3 BL | Robitronic Protos
1:5 FG Porsche GT3 RSR | MCD RR Evo3 m.m.
Tozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

.
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!

Last edited by ~McSmooth~; 10-25-2010 at 05:42 AM.
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Matt 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Any oval track w/ (.)(.)
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozze View Post
I wonder why is it so hard for some manufactures to write down the specs on the motor? Like weight, efficiency, RPM/V and so on.

Cause they would have to dyno every motor, and dynoing motors will yield different results because as the dyno and its equipment build heat the numbers will change.
__________________
CEFX, BSR Racing Tires, Team OHP
Matt 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net