Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36
I know the tape goes over the battery. Im talking about using velcro under the battery.
Why, a proper tape job is reusable and doesn't raise the center of gravity?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by nitrous36
How do some of you guys mount your batteries in the chassis. I thought about using velcro between the batt and chassis instead of tape. That would be cheaper/reusable and easier to mount or remove the battery between charges. But is or would that be legal for racing? I dont know if tracks would allow it.

My other concern is that the velcro may raise the battery slightly higher, effecting handling and weight distribution.
Look at the Puretech straps... much better option than most of the standard velcro straps. The part of the strap that goes under the pack is super thin, the thicker velcro part is on top. You can very easily snug the pack down with this strap without going Hercules tight.

http://www.puretechproducts.com/ptprod_straps.htm

Pic at the bottom shows how thin these straps are.. good stuff.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Why, a proper tape job is reusable and doesn't raise the center of gravity?
Good point.

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Look at the Puretech straps... much better option than most of the standard velcro straps. The part of the strap that goes under the pack is super thin, the thicker velcro part is on top. You can very easily snug the pack down with this strap without going Hercules tight.

Thanks. Ill have to check those out.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

need a good motor and esc set up that will run 70 mph
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good stuff. For anyone using these, what is the correct size strap for this car?

Also the top racing strap doesn't go under the battery. Just FYI.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Strap-Black

Last edited by rbcts; 06-12-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rbcts
Good stuff. For anyone using these, what is the correct size strap for this car?

Also the top racing strap doesn't go under the battery. Just FYI.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Strap-Black
The TOP strap isn't as nice. It's thicker, much less flexible, has to be pulled tighter, and is much more likely to cause tweak. The Puretech strap running under the battery is partly why you can get away with running it a bit looser... the strap is attached to itself, you can slide it back and forth with the battery in place. Since the Top style straps are attached to (and pulling against) the stock battery mounts - that's where the tweak can appear, you're pulling inward from the two end points.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

The bottom part of the Puretech strap is roughly .4mm thick... it's really not an issue or a worry running under the pack. You really can't tell it's running under the pack when it's in the car. The 5 inch strap is the right one, and you get a pair for the price. For any other old-timers, yes.. same Puretech that made the straps you may have run on your rc10/jrx2/etc. once upon a time.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-strap.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The bottom part of the Puretech strap is roughly .4mm thick... it's really not an issue or a worry running under the pack. You really can't tell it's running under the pack when it's in the car. The 5 inch strap is the right one, and you get a pair for the price. For any other old-timers, yes.. same Puretech that made the straps you may have run on your rc10/jrx2/etc. once upon a time.
Wow. Nice pic. I have to say it is much thinner than the top racing strap. Thanks for the info
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I really hope im not the first to discover this but the tc6.1 castor blocks do not fit straight on the tc6 without any grinding. Im a bit lost on that but nothing the dremel cant handle once charged should finally have my newly acquired tc6 in photographable shape tomorrow night.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
I really hope im not the first to discover this but the tc6.1 castor blocks do not fit straight on the tc6 without any grinding. Im a bit lost on that but nothing the dremel cant handle once charged should finally have my newly acquired tc6 in photographable shape tomorrow night.
First hears for me, other then a little wiggle (easily fixed with a set screw) I e haven't seen or heard about this issue. Are the caster block inserts pressed in all the way? This may be the case.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
If I remember correctly the 6.1 arms are different than the 6 arms and have a wider opening.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
If I remember correctly the 6.1 arms are different than the 6 arms and have a wider opening.

Ha that they do but its ok i took care of the situation I just wish I knew and I would have bought .1 arms while i was at the hobby store.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tape

This is how most of the team guys run their tape. It does not go under the battery.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-tape-tc6.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (85%+)

Originally Posted by WD40
Put a bead of glue around the outside edge of the tires. It helps....everyone is doing it at the track I raced at this past weekend.
A bead of glue on the sidewall of the tire? The inside or outside or both? And how thick of a bead ?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEcarpetracer
A bead of glue on the sidewall of the tire? The inside or outside or both? And how thick of a bead ?
The outside only. It makes sense if you think about it. You are wanting to harden the outside of the tires so the car doesn't roll. The thickness is not the important thing....it's just a matter of making the outside hard enough for the car not to roll. When I did mine, I put a bead around it....then wiped it smooth to make a smooth hard surface on the outside of the tire. And my traction rolling went away for the most part (unless I was being super super aggressive). If that doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll try to get a picture up for ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.